Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
justhavingfun

Old Fashion BBQ on Glory

Recommended Posts

Hello will be on 14 day Panama Canal cruise on Glory Feb 9 out of New Orleans. The deck plans show Old Fashion BBQ on deck 10 , But when i check Carnival website about food offering on the Glory it does not say anything about Old Fashion BBQ . Can someone please tell me for sure if it is or is not on the Glory . Thank you so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't impressed by it. It was ok, but my food was cool. We have another trip on the Glory next spring. I may give it another try before I decide it is not worth climbing the stairs for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ypcat said:

I wasn't impressed by it. It was ok, but my food was cool. We have another trip on the Glory next spring. I may give it another try before I decide it is not worth climbing the stairs for.

There is an elevator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, justhavingfun said:

Hello will be on 14 day Panama Canal cruise on Glory Feb 9 out of New Orleans. The deck plans show Old Fashion BBQ on deck 10 , But when i check Carnival website about food offering on the Glory it does not say anything about Old Fashion BBQ . Can someone please tell me for sure if it is or is not on the Glory . Thank you so much

Yes. It is accessible from the buffet on Deck 9. Go up the stairs in the buffet to the BBQ, on Deck 10. I will be on the Glory in February and have watched several YouTube videos of this ship. Check out the Glory tour by Cruise Radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, tandemcruzr said:

No elevator. My mistake,

You didn't make a mistake, the area on Deck 10 is accessible via elevator. The atrium elevators and those immediately behind them all go to 10. Then one needs to go outside and to the aft. Works like magic.

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not impressed on any of the ships that I have had it on.  I think because if the location, it does not get a lot of foot traffic.  Not sure folks know it is up there and I have gone on several cruises, different ships and food is always cold and some of it looks like it's been sitting out for a while.  I won't give up.  I will keep trying it out to see if it gets any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the Glory a few weeks ago and loved it.

 

its only open for lunch and the other poster was correct. There is not much foot traffic. You have to go look for it.

 

The Mac and Cheese was awesome.The recipes for the sides are different than the sides on the Lido or dining room.

 

Definitely give it a try. The meat portions are small so just ask for double meet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coevan said:

Where's the beef? 😲

The bacon police move to the BBQ place after breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

You didn't make a mistake, the area on Deck 10 is accessible via elevator. The atrium elevators and those immediately behind them all go to 10. Then one needs to go outside and to the aft. Works like magic.

 

.

Thank you. I was thinking there were elevators at the rear of the Lido. Forgot you could go forward to get to deck 10 and then go aft. Thanks for reminding me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love BBQ but am not sure how I feel about this. We always ate at the fish place (where the BBQ place is now) first thing after boarding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, trummy said:

I love BBQ but am not sure how I feel about this. We always ate at the fish place (where the BBQ place is now) first thing after boarding. 

There is a Seafood Shack back by the Pizza place in the aft area. But it is not complimentary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

There is a Seafood Shack back by the Pizza place in the aft area. But it is not complimentary.

Thanks for the info. I do find this disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...