Specific Elite Questions

cruisingberger

Hi,

This is the first time I am going on a longer (15 Night) cruise with Elite so I have a couple of questions on things I haven't used before.

1. Is the laundry unlimited or is there a certain number of bags of laundry they cap you off at?

2. To use the 250 minutes of free WiFi, is there a password they will give us? Where do we get it from?

Thank you for your help. I was on one other cruise as Elite but it was a 5 day so I didn't need the laundry and I didn't use the WiFi, but on this longer cruise it would be nice not to have to bring as many clothes and be able to keep in touch with the kids.

7 minutes ago, cruisingberger said:

Hi,

This is the first time I am going on a longer (15 Night) cruise with Elite so I have a couple of questions on things I haven't used before.

1. Is the laundry unlimited or is there a certain number of bags of laundry they cap you off at?

There is no limit to the amount you can send out but I would send a bag or two at a time because it will take at least 48 hours to get it back.  If you send too many bags they might get suspicious that you are sharing your benefit with others. 

7 minutes ago, cruisingberger said:

2. To use the 250 minutes of free WiFi, is there a password they will give us? Where do we get it from?

When you get on board go to the Internet Cafe and there will be instructions on how to set up your account.  There will also be someone there to help you but check the Patter for the business hours.

Thank you for your help. I was on one other cruise as Elite but it was a 5 day so I didn't need the laundry and I didn't use the WiFi, but on this longer cruise it would be nice not to have to bring as many clothes and be able to keep in touch with the kids.

Be advised the laundry is tough on the fabrics.   The machines run on “normal” and handle 250 lbs per load.  It is a great elite benefit, but for delicate items or items that can fade not so good. 

For elite WiFi benefits set up your account as usual, but as an elite you will now be offered a new payment option to invoke your free minutes.  

Edited by tcdcruiser

1 minute ago, cactusrose said:

There is no limit to the amount you can send out but I would send a bag or two at a time because it will take at least 48 hours to get it back.  If you send too many bags they might get suspicious that you are sharing your benefit with others. 

Thank You!!! I don't think I will need that much done, but I'm trying to pack accordingly.

Just now, cruisingberger said:

Thank You!!! I don't think I will need that much done, but I'm trying to pack accordingly.

We usually send out a bag every few days.  Nice not to have to pack as much.  They can be a bit hard on clothes so don't send anything out that you can't live without.  They do have cleaning but it isn't dry cleaning, it's some kind of water process.  I might not send anything out for cleaning that is wool.  Our cabin steward actually warned us about that on our last cruise.

6 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

We usually send out a bag every few days.  Nice not to have to pack as much.  They can be a bit hard on clothes so don't send anything out that you can't live without.  They do have cleaning but it isn't dry cleaning, it's some kind of water process.  I might not send anything out for cleaning that is wool.  Our cabin steward actually warned us about that on our last cruise.

Good Tip, Thank You!!!

1 hour ago, cactusrose said:

When you get on board go to the Internet Cafe and there will be instructions on how to set up your account.  There will also be someone there to help you but check the Patter for the business hours.

Or if there's a crowd at the Internet Cafe, just check the Patter. The directions are on the first page on the first day. There's also usually a banner with minimal directions in front of the Internet Cafe.

The length of time it takes for laundry to be returned depends on the number of Elites on board. On my Alaskan cruises this summer, with fewer than 50 Elites on each, I usually got my laundry back the next day--sent out one morning and returned the next evening. Only once did it take two days. On the Crown this fall, with more than 900 Elites, it was taking three days. 

• Like 1