Christmas day

anaslile

Sailing the NCL Epic over Christmas and will be in port on Christmas Day and wondering how much there will be open beyond the port area and what tours may be affected. My guess would be the following (based on Googling): many shops and restaurants, especially beyond the port and tourist areas will be closed and some historical sites or buildings may be closed.  

I'm looking for general information (not specific tour providers) about which tours/activities may be affected before inquiring into any tour I'm considering. 

My interest is more doing something such as ziplining or an island tour with something active, history or something along that lines. Though if I have to resign myself to the beach/watersports I will. 

1 hour ago, anaslile said:

Sailing the NCL Epic over Christmas and will be in port on Christmas Day and wondering how much there will be open beyond the port area and what tours may be affected. My guess would be the following (based on Googling): many shops and restaurants, especially beyond the port and tourist areas will be closed and some historical sites or buildings may be closed.  

I'm looking for general information (not specific tour providers) about which tours/activities may be affected before inquiring into any tour I'm considering. 

My interest is more doing something such as ziplining or an island tour with something active, history or something along that lines. Though if I have to resign myself to the beach/watersports I will. 

Volcano, mud baths, mineral baths, most waterfall sites, hikes, Pigeon Island, etc all will be open.  Zip line tours, open. ATV tours, open. All in the main, that deals with tourism, open.

It's most all shops on Holiday hours or closed, local restaurants mainly closed while those in the main tourism areas (port, Rodney Bay, etc) open, etc. 

If you want to zip line, Rainforest Adventures or Treetop Adventures are your best bets..

9 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Volcano, mud baths, mineral baths, most waterfall sites, hikes, Pigeon Island, etc all will be open.  Zip line tours, open. ATV tours, open. All in the main, that deals with tourism, open.

It's most all shops on Holiday hours or closed, local restaurants mainly closed while those in the main tourism areas (port, Rodney Bay, etc) open, etc. 

If you want to zip line, Rainforest Adventures or Treetop Adventures are your best bets..

Thank you for your response. Good to know that most "tours" will be running to the main places. It helps me plan!