what's your TWO favorite things about a Carnival cruise?

havanadaydreaming

Not about any cruise you take but SPECIFICALLY about a Carnival cruise. 

for example, I love the sail aways.  love, love, love them.  no idea why. But I've enjoyed those on every cruise line I've been on. 

My two favorite Carnival specific things: 

Guy's Burgers

Dive In Movies

Trivia was neck and neck with the Dive Ins.

• Like 1

My two favorite things specific to Carnival:

#1 - The comedy shows.  On 7 day cruises, they have two comedians at the beginning of the cruise and two more near the end.  It's nearly constant comedy.  I can't get that on Royal, Disney, or Norwegian.  Since comedy shows are our favorite, we usually choose Carnival.

#2 - The fun vibe.  We like the energy and vibe of the entertainment crew.

1. Their Comedy shows 

2. The "Fun ship vibe" - Just the overall fun atmosphere on Carnival is just a blast in general. I have been on other lines (like Royal) and even though I had a great time - I felt like I was always missing something and the fun factor would just fall flat on some occasions. In all my cruises with Carnival, I have never felt shorted. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

My two favorite things specific to Carnival:

#1 - The comedy shows.  On 7 day cruises, they have two comedians at the beginning of the cruise and two more near the end.  It's nearly constant comedy.  I can't get that on Royal, Disney, or Norwegian.  Since comedy shows are our favorite, we usually choose Carnival.

#2 - The fun vibe.  We like the energy and vibe of the entertainment crew.

LOL we basically said the same thing and I never saw your post until now

• Like 1

Having fun while being pampered in a relaxing atmosphere (so, the overall Carnival experience!); and

Comedy shows; and (couldn't limit myself to just two)

the singing waitstaff show (even though I get teary-eyed when they do their "you're leaving our FunShip" song).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tybrkr17 said:

1. Their Comedy shows 

2. The "Fun ship vibe" - Just the overall fun atmosphere on Carnival is just a blast in general. 

DITTO.....  

Having live music all over  the ship, all different types, is 3rd.

There are so many things I could list! I love the Sail Away parties! Everyone being silly and dancing! It is so much fun to be a part of! I also love the crew! They work so hard to make sure everyone has a great time. The live music is up at the top of my list too!

I have only sailed Carnival but mine are:

1. That feeling of being on vacation when getting on the ship. I have sailed several different ships but the feel is the same. It's like my body knows that a week of good things is in store and my breathing changes
  2. Meeting up for dinner in the MDR. Regardless of the size of the group, having this time to come together and share the experience. It doesn't even bother me if it turns out I don't like the main entree because I know I can grab a yummy pizza later. It is the experience of coming together. On my first cruise, we hit the buffet most nights. My second cruise made me realize what I had missed.
  • Like 1

Alchemy Bar - I don't even drink very much, but I love the atmosphere and the bar tenders there.

I am hoping #2 is going to be the Havana area - we are booked on the Panorama Feb. 2020 and I'm really looking forward to checking out that area.  I am hoping they still have a Cuban vibe at night - music, drinks, etc.

The folks who work for Carnival!  Nice. Nice. Nice. Friendly. Engaging. Professional & yet very approachable. Without the individuals we meet, no matter what the cost we've paid, it wouldn't be a Carnival Fun Ship experience without the men & women on that beautiful ship.

I'm biased because our son has been on the Fun Squad for the last 3 years. BUT, what got him interested in applying for this job in the first place was the FUN vibe the employees put out there to the guests. 

🌻🌻

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 2

For me

1. Lido deck food options / stations. Love the variety like Guy's burgers, Blue Iguana, Deli, Chopsticks, Pasta bar, wok, etc.
  2. The cabin set up including the super comfortable beds, bedding, desks, more than adequate closet and drawer space and the curtains the shower (I know many don't like these but I really don't want to stand in a tube like on some other cruise lines).
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1