Standard Items Every Night On Dinner Menu?

you should be able to or close to seeing your menu on the app.    However,   From what i see there are still many of the basics every night on the ships like spaghetti, roasted chicken breast, steak,  salmon, ect 

• Like 1

Yes. Standard items each night are as follows:

Appetizers

• Baked French Onion Soup
  • Caesar Salad
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Escargots a la Bourguignonne
  • Seasonal Fruit Medley

Entrees

• Horseradish Crusted Salmon
  • Roasted Chicken Breast
  • New York Strip Steak
  • Spaghetti Bolognese

Desserts

• Apple Pie a la Mode
  • Creme Brulee
  • Royal Cheesecake
  • Royal Chocolate Cake
  • Artisanal Cheese Plate
  • Ice Cream

Edited by garnetpalmetto
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

Do they still have the standard items on the menu at dinner every night like pasta and sauce, and chicken? I am going on Adventure of the Seas in February. I am a very picky eater.

any particular items you are wanting ?

17 hours ago, garnetpalmetto said:

Yes. Standard items each night are as follows:

Appetizers

• Baked French Onion Soup
  • Caesar Salad
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Escargots a la Bourguignonne
  • Seasonal Fruit Medley

Entrees

• Horseradish Crusted Salmon
  • Roasted Chicken Breast
  • New York Strip Steak
  • Spaghetti Bolognese

Desserts

• Apple Pie a la Mode
  • Creme Brulee
  • Royal Cheesecake
  • Royal Chocolate Cake
  • Artisanal Cheese Plate
  • Ice Cream

Horseradish crusted salmon is only offered once - from what we see it is usually 1st nite of cruise.  From our very recent cruises on Adventure & currently Serenade, you have to make a special request to get salmon in MDR.  Only seeing fish like tilaplia, corvina, barramunda.  Was told RC says salmon it is too expensive....

NJ 

If you like pasta see if your sailing is featuring an Itailen night in the windjammer..........................I know, I know it is a buffet, but we ate there  one night and was actually  impressed with all the choices.......

Ask the Maitre D.

They even had a fresh pasta making station to prepare as you like.

Enjoy, we do.

11 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Horseradish crusted salmon is only offered once - from what we see it is usually 1st nite of cruise.  From our very recent cruises on Adventure & currently Serenade, you have to make a special request to get salmon in MDR.  Only seeing fish like tilaplia, corvina, barramunda.  Was told RC says salmon it is too expensive....

NJ 

Interesting. I wonder if this is a nw change. 2 of my 3 kids had salmon every night on our last cruise, but that was In April. They had the horseradish crusted salmon once and all the other nights there was a salmon with hollandaise sauce offered.

22 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

NJ 

It was on the menu literally every night on Symphony back in September, thus why I included it.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

2 minutes ago, garnetpalmetto said:

It was on the menu literally every night on Symphony back in September, thus why I included it.

Thanks for info.  Sounds like it depends on ship.  We just spent 34 days on Adventure.  We had to arrange with the chef in both WJ & MDR if we wanted salmon - became a hassle.  Same thing here on Serenade.  Only last couple of nites WJ has offered some grilled salmon - not a thick fillet - only slim slices.  Odd.

NJ 

I have the Escargot every night, except when they have the scallops appetizer, then I'll swap for that.  The strip steak is a good alternative for me if I can't find something on the nightly offering, but that's typically only once per cruise.  I can't remember which menus, but I think for me it's Pimiento and Pomodoro.

It's nice knowing you have something you can fall back to that you still enjoy.

How is the Spaghetti Bolognese?  I do enjoy a good bolognese sauce.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

You can also often get off-menu items, like plain iceberg lettuce.  DW likes that but when she tried the grapes in my fruit medley she decided to have those instead.  Rest of cruise they brought both lettuce and about 30 grapes each meal.  She took them back to cabin to eat at breakfast and lunch next day (buffet may or may not have grapes but Solarium definitely did not).

Escargot used to be on everyday menu. Since 2018 it is on the menu first X days. I think on 7 dayer it is first 4 days.

On 12 dayer it is first 9 days.

You probably can order it even if it is not on the menu, but it is not on the menu.

Horseradish crusted salmon is on the menu only for the 1st day.

If you have Royal Caribbean App you can see a menu for every day. It is the same on all ships for the last 2 years (at least it was the same on Freedom, AnthemX2, GrandeurX2, AdventureX2)

Edited by Tatka

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

LOVE the escargot.  Finally got my SO to try it after years of refusing to eat snails and she loves it!

I am addicted to them. We buy them on land in stores too.

My husband hasn't warmed up to them , but Royal used to offer Bay Scallops Gratin in the same form/dish and he loved it. Too bad it isn't on the menu anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

NJ 

The horseradish crusted salmon is my favorite RCL dish. I always ask for the sauce to be on the side as to keep it healthy.

It was also offered every night on recent cruises (Enchantment, Liberty & Allure).

On 11/6/2019 at 12:35 PM, Tatka said:

Escargot used to be on everyday menu. Since 2018 it is on the menu first X days. I think on 7 dayer it is first 4 days.

On 12 dayer it is first 9 days.

You probably can order it even if it is not on the menu, but it is not on the menu.

Horseradish crusted salmon is on the menu only for the 1st day.

If you have Royal Caribbean App you can see a menu for every day. It is the same on all ships for the last 2 years (at least it was the same on Freedom, AnthemX2, GrandeurX2, AdventureX2)

Over the last two years.  Escargot would be on the menu for 3 or 4 days on seven day cruises.  Then a break of one day and then another appearance.  On shorter cruises they were every day.