How Do Edge's Four MDRs Work? How Do They Compare To M and S Class MDRs?

vtcruising

19 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

Vtcruising, thanks so much for the comprehensive description of the 4 MDRs.  We are going on an 11 night adriatic cruise in October so my plan is to do the 3 night specialty dining package and then rotate the 4 MDRs for the other nights.  Now i just have to decide when to choose each night. 

Which MDR do you think would be best for Evening Chic nights?  

Elise

My strategy for booking is to do Chic night in the restaurant that I would least like the Exclusive starters/entrees. That way I can enjoy the better entrees offered on Chic night (rack of lamb, lobster) in one of those restaurants and when in Normandie another night, I can have the Baked Brie and Beef Tenderloin En Croute or the Chicken Souvlaki or Lamb Shank in Cyprus, for example. It was hard to decide, but I think we will be in Cosmo one of the Chic nights and Tuscan the other.

That's just my strategy.  If I were going to choose for elegance and beauty, I would choose Normandie - love the decor, the art and the pink plates.  I am really looking forward to the tenderloin there so will go on another night (or two). 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

My strategy for booking is to do Chic night in the restaurant that I would least like the Exclusive starters/entrees. That way I can enjoy the better entrees offered on Chic night (rack of lamb, lobster) in one of those restaurants and when in Normandie another night, I can have the Baked Brie and Beef Tenderloin En Croute or the Chicken Souvlaki or Lamb Shank in Cyprus, for example. It was hard to decide, but I think we will be in Cosmo one of the Chic nights and Tuscan the other.

That's just my strategy.  If I were going to choose for elegance and beauty, I would choose Normandie - love the decor, the art and the pink plates.  I am really looking forward to the tenderloin there so will go on another night (or two). 🙂

This sounds like a perfect strategy.  I'm guessing the Chic nights are the two days at Sea but it's just a guess.  I'm trying to not overthink this (or overplan as my husband says 🙂 )

19 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

This sounds like a perfect strategy.  I'm guessing the Chic nights are the two days at Sea but it's just a guess.  I'm trying to not overthink this (or overplan as my husband says 🙂 )

Looking at a recent 11 night Greek Isle cruise with 2 sea days at approximately the same interval, they had 2 Chic nights on those two sea days, so that would be a good guess. I'm a planner too - no such thing as over-planning. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

It was quiet at 6 pm . Actually our  res was for 6, but we arrived just  a bit earlier..choice of tables.. some days  you can get a sunset view.   Eating early gave us time  for photos, errands, a cocktail  before the 7:30 show time. 

They do spread folks out a bit but as more diners arrive it fills up quickly..   

Depends on what time you like to dine. We try to stick to same schedule we are on at home..

• 1 month later...

Late to the thread, but this is great stuff. We are currently set for 6pm traditional (select is full). Just the two of us, and hubby uses a power chair. Which dining room should we request in order to get the best chance of getting a 2-top that is not sandwiched in with many others? Is there such an animal?

13 hours ago, GRBlizz said:

Late to the thread, but this is great stuff. We are currently set for 6pm traditional (select is full). Just the two of us, and hubby uses a power chair. Which dining room should we request in order to get the best chance of getting a 2-top that is not sandwiched in with many others? Is there such an animal?

This e-mail should be able to help you out: special_needs@celebrity.com

Simply tell them your needs, and they will do what they can to accommodate.

Otherwise, have a read here, it might be of use to you: https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Made me sad to see a post with her name. 

Actually, it made me quite happy, this way she is not forgotten...

Her smile flashed before my eyes and I smiled back...

Keeping her involved with us...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 3

I thought I had read that if you are select dining on the Edge/Apex that you can make reservations online prior to the cruise, but I cannot find the reference again. Curious -  Is this correct? At what point can can you reservations (after final payment, 120 days out, etc) if accurate? Thanks in advance!

28 minutes ago, Dejlig Ko said:

I thought I had read that if you are select dining on the Edge/Apex that you can make reservations online prior to the cruise, but I cannot find the reference again. Curious -  Is this correct? At what point can can you reservations (after final payment, 120 days out, etc) if accurate? Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can.

Go to your Cruise Planner to make reservations...

bon appetit and bon voyage

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, you can.

Go to your Cruise Planner to make reservations...

Thanks Bo. I did and was surprised that even though my booking isn't until May 2021, I was able to make reservations! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1960Travel said:

We are cruising the Edge for the first time May 4/20 .  We are new to Celebrity and are curiouse if you can request a table for two prior to your cruise...Thank You 

Yes, by making reservations in your Cruise Planner.

Yes, second that to a lovely reminder of vtcruiser and her joy of X. 

While in a suite I enjoyed each of these restaurants. They were my best experience of MDR ever on Celebrity. Staff and choices were excellent.