Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
principessalia

WHAT IS A SLOT PULL?

Recommended Posts

A team/group invest equal amounts of money into a single slot machine, and each take an equal number of pulls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an example.

 

  • The cost will be $20 cash per person.

  • Minimum of 10 players to play the slot pull.

  • Maximum number of players will be 50.

  • As money is collected, the Coordinator will keep a list of the names.

  • We will be using a $5 machine (if more than 20 players then we may use 2 machines).

  • The Coordinator will feed all of the money into the machine(s) at once.

  • We will go around the group in the order of the list and each person will have four (4) pulls at the machine.

  • After everyone has had their turn at the slot machine, the Coordinator will divide the money evenly with all players.

  • Any money that cannot be divided evenly will be donated to either the Make-A-Wish Foundation (when the Coordinator gets home) or the particular charity that Princess Cruise Lines is promoting on this particular cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The example provided is very good, but the "rules" are flexible.  As examples: Any amount of buy in is acceptable as determined by the group.  Ditto player size. The number of pulls per player would be based on the buy in and maximum bet level of the machine played.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The example provided is very good, but the "rules" are flexible.  As examples: Any amount of buy in is acceptable as determined by the group.  Ditto player size. The number of pulls per player would be based on the buy in and maximum bet level of the machine played.  

This.

 

Our slot pull, we all bought in for $3.00.  We each had 3 pulls on the machine.  At the end the amount won was divided evenly among the total number of participants (rounded to the dollar amount).  The amount that didn't divide evenly was given to the person who made the biggest hit on the machine.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unspoken concept that never gets mentioned about "slot pulls":

 

Who gets the casino credits for that amount of "action" going through the machine?

 

Bet you that the organizer puts HIS card in the machine, and the total play gets credited to HIS shipboard casino "players club" account.

 

Hmmm.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

The unspoken concept that never gets mentioned about "slot pulls":

 

Who gets the casino credits for that amount of "action" going through the machine?

 

Bet you that the organizer puts HIS card in the machine, and the total play gets credited to HIS shipboard casino "players club" account.

 

Hmmm.....

That's how it worked on ours.  I felt it was fair - they had to organize it, handle the money, and make arrangements with the casino to do it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

The unspoken concept that never gets mentioned about "slot pulls":

 

Who gets the casino credits for that amount of "action" going through the machine?

 

Bet you that the organizer puts HIS card in the machine, and the total play gets credited to HIS shipboard casino "players club" account.

 

Hmmm.....

and/or casino manager runs the event and participants do not get credit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

This.

 

Our slot pull, we all bought in for $3.00.  We each had 3 pulls on the machine.  At the end the amount won was divided evenly among the total number of participants (rounded to the dollar amount).  The amount that didn't divide evenly was given to the person who made the biggest hit on the machine.

 

This is how the one we did in April worked.  My SO was the big winner. A whole $2 extra. 😄

 

I think we did $21 buy in, as the machine had some bonus at $7 per pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...