Jump to content

EPIC questions on Inside/Space/Help


Recommended Posts

My friend and I will be on the Epic for a 12 day cruise in an inside since my upgrade bid was not accepted.  I am starting to panic over space for our stuff.  I know the bathroom door is rounded and I was wondering if I could hang one of these 24 pocket over-the-door things on the bathroom door  to have some place to put stuff.  Has anyone ever done this?  Also can I request a chair to sit on as sitting on the bed is going to make my back hurt!  Any helpful tips appreciated!

1144098213_24pocket.jpg.14ce200d08cd3609e21a2b5452acd84e.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no real “doors” to hang stuff on. The door to the toilet and shower are both shaped sliders,,, nothing to swing out. And really to places for a chair, even if you wanted one. There are videos like the following to give you an idea of space. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had plenty of room to store our things.  I believe there were 4 bins on the inside of the closet and 4 drawers under the fridge. If anything, bring xtra hangers for the closet.  There were about 10-12 of those big clunky hangers in the closet. If we had brought several thin wire hangers we could've hung more of our clothes instead of putting them in drawers. ie all my tshirts were in the closet bins.

Since your storage thing is plastic, therefore bendable, I think it could hang on the shower wall. 

 

We didn't spend any time in our cabin, just sitting .....there was too much to see and do!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used a plastic shoe holder just like the one in your photo on the Epic closet door.  We hung it on the outside of the door and it worked fine.  We were in a balcony cabin, but I assume the doors are the same on the inside.  I don't think it would work on the bathroom door.  We had a stool by the vanity table, not sure if that is provided on inside cabins.  

 

Enjoy the cruise!  We loved Epic.  Be sure to go to Howl at the Moon!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There are no real “doors” to hang stuff on. The door to the toilet and shower are both shaped sliders,,, nothing to swing out. And really to places for a chair, even if you wanted one. There are videos like the following to give you an idea of space. 

 

 

Thanks for your response!  I forgot about the door being a sliding door. I did see the video online before - now looking at it much closer.  Can't determine if the door slides on the inside and if I could somehow put the holder to where the door could still slide - well I will worry about that when the time comes I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

We had plenty of room to store our things.  I believe there were 4 bins on the inside of the closet and 4 drawers under the fridge. If anything, bring xtra hangers for the closet.  There were about 10-12 of those big clunky hangers in the closet. If we had brought several thin wire hangers we could've hung more of our clothes instead of putting them in drawers. ie all my tshirts were in the closet bins.

Since your storage thing is plastic, therefore bendable, I think it could hang on the shower wall. 

 

We didn't spend any time in our cabin, just sitting .....there was too much to see and do!

Thanks for your information - I do appreciate your hanger suggestion - I hate those darn ones they give you!  I agree we won't be in the cabin that much but still would prefer something other than the bed to sit on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcrum said:

I used a plastic shoe holder just like the one in your photo on the Epic closet door.  We hung it on the outside of the door and it worked fine.  We were in a balcony cabin, but I assume the doors are the same on the inside.  I don't think it would work on the bathroom door.  We had a stool by the vanity table, not sure if that is provided on inside cabins.  

 

Enjoy the cruise!  We loved Epic.  Be sure to go to Howl at the Moon!  

Wow thank you so much for your response - hey Howl at the Moon is why we are going!  (well one of the  top five reasons I think)!  Sure hope the door is the same!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy. We did a TA in April on Epic and loved Howl at the Moon. As others have mentioned, there are videos on YouTube with cabin tours so you could look to see what the closet doors look like. We had no issue with our plastic shoe organizer. The room steward even commented on what a good idea it was. I also brought magnetic hooks from amazon to hang hats and swimsuits from. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...