SDP - sharing allowed?

Justaddvodka68

I'm sorry, I've done a search and can't find the answer. 

We're sailing the Bliss Dec 13th and trying to decide if we need to purchase my youngest son, the 3rd person in the one cabin a specialty dining package. 

Four of us have it as a perk.  That's 3 meals x 4 = 12 meals. 

Can any of us use them as we see fit, or are they assigned to certain people?  I'm surprised I don't know the answer to this but the times we've cruised with kids we didn't choose this perk. 

I ask because they're not foodies at all and perfectly happy in the main dining room, pub or buffet and would probably prefer it if they didn't have to change out of their shorts and t-shirts for the entire cruise.  They're 17, 19 & 21 and not particularly interested in taking every meal with us.  

I was thinking of insisting on one dressed up meal at Cagney's for all 5 of us, then using the rest for just the adults. 

Will that be allowed? 

Thanks! 

31 minutes ago, Justaddvodka68 said:

Can any of us use them as we see fit, or are they assigned to certain people?

Each meal is assigned to the guest. 

32 minutes ago, Justaddvodka68 said:

I ask because they're not foodies at all and perfectly happy in the main dining room, pub or buffet and would probably prefer it if they didn't have to change out of their shorts and t-shirts for the entire cruise.

32 minutes ago, Justaddvodka68 said:

I was thinking of insisting on one dressed up meal at Cagney's for all 5 of us, then using the rest for just the adults. 

Will that be allowed? 

No need to dress up for Cagney's. Shorts and t-shirt are allowed there.

The 5th guest would pay a la carte. 

38 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Each meal is assigned to the guest. 

No need to dress up for Cagney's. Shorts and t-shirt are allowed there.

The 5th guest would pay a la carte. 

Thanks, I sorta figured. 

Don't tell my kids they can wear shorts to Cagneys! 

I guess I'll buy the extra 3 nights and make them join us.  Thinking it over, spending 3 dinners with us is the least they can do! 

• Like 1

Definitely get the 3 night SDP package. NCL has SIGNIFICANTLY raised the ala carte prices in many of their specialties, probably in an effort to force people to get the SDP packages. An app, entree, and dessert can easily run you 70 dollars for 1 person at the new Cagney's prices, and I think the 3-night SDP packages start at $99...

9 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Definitely get the 3 night SDP package. NCL has SIGNIFICANTLY raised the ala carte prices in many of their specialties, probably in an effort to force people to get the SDP packages. An app, entree, and dessert can easily run you 70 dollars for 1 person at the new Cagney's prices, and I think the 3-night SDP packages start at $99...

Norwegian has raised the price again. Our cruise is in February and the 3 meal package is $118. 

5 minutes ago, shout19661966 said:

another option and you would have to check i do believe they have a kids menu at no charge.

But they are 17,19,21.  She called them kids but that is pretty close to grown ups.

take the “kids” to hibachi one night.  They will enjoy it.

depending on the ship but i just made all our dining reservations for march cruise.  Opened up Saturday and by Sunday all the early reservations was not listed. I am tole you can make them once on the ship but so glad that chore is off my list to hurry and do.