Has anyone used Alamo for rental car return at Miami airport and transport to Port of Miami lately?

cdoobiest

I am going on cruise RCCL out of Miami mid Feb and flying into FLL.  Group of 6.  I can get mini van one way rental from FLL to MIA for $65 with Alamo.  Wonder how long is wait to get onto shuttle to Port.  I am wondering if I should just do the shared van with Jiffy Jeff for $13 per person instead for less hassle.  The only reason I would maybe want the van rental is so I can go around FLL the night before for dinner rather than use Uber.  

Also, I was going to use the free Alamo shuttle from Port to Airport on the way back.  Is it crazy busy or should I use Uber?  Thanks

Shuttles leave the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center when they are full. The trip from the Rental Car Center to the Port Of Miami usually takes around fifteen minutes. Personally I like the idea of having the rental vehicle on the day before my cruise. I would drop off the other five cruisers along with all the luggage at the Port Of Miami and then drive to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center to return the vehicle. Then hop on the shuttle for the fifteen minute ride back to the Port Of Miami to meet up with your group.