New Zealand visa.

4 hours ago, possum52 said:

Isn't it only the the Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) of $35 NZ which is included in the total amount paid for the NZeTA to be used or tourist infrastructure? The NZeTA is just to make it easier for certain groups such as cruise ship passengers to enter NZ. 

Leigh

The nzeta is purely a mechanism to collect the tourist levy. The few extra dollars are nothing more than the administration costs. Gee I wish some people wouldn't be so picky when an explanation as to what a NZ ETA is given. Before it was decided to institute a tourist levy there was no eta

9 minutes ago, Beanb41 said:

The nzeta is purely a mechanism to collect the tourist levy. The few extra dollars are nothing more than the administration costs. Gee I wish some people wouldn't be so picky when an explanation as to what a NZ ETA is given. Before it was decided to institute a tourist levy there was no eta

No need to be so snippy, I was only asking the question. All I had read about the implementation of the eTA indicated that it was being introduced to bring NZ into line with countries such as Australia and the USA to enhance security and make it easier and quicker for travellers to enter NZ and that the tourist levy would be implemented at the same time. I first heard about the NZeTA this time last year when we were on our cruise there.

Leigh