Cruise Critic Community
Rdclfamily

Magnetic walls? Adventure of the Seas?

I read that the ceilings and walls are magnetic...is this true for the Adventure of the Seas?  Is it also true that I can hang magnetic hooks on them?  I'm looking for a way to hang handwashed laundry or wet swimsuits.

We bring magnetic hooks to hang on the ceiling to hang wet things on them. I put pictures of my grandkids on the wall with a refrigerator magnet. Every ship I have been on has had metal walls and ceilings so far. ☺️

Can't remember being on a ship where walls weren't metallic.  DW always brings a variety of magnetic clips and turns one wall into a bulletin board.  Great for keeping organized.

Seesh.  Unless they are dripping wet you won’t soak the carpet.

We use magnets  to hold hats and other things on the walls. I use the 20# pounds ones I found at Home Depot.  I also hang a picture of my grands and keep a compass on the wall to refer to.  Once when we took the grand babies we hung a thick cloth shower curtain from the ceiling around the loveseat where he slept and made a little tent for him,  he loved it.

Storage and organization in small cabins is limited only to your resourcefulness and ingenuity. Magnets, foldable storage boxes and packing cubes are available for over-packers and those who like a place for everything.  

1 hour ago, Rv6flyer said:

So you want to soak the carpet for the next guest. Use the line in the shower.

You roll wet clothes up in a towel and walk on the towel.  Unwind the towel and hang up the clothing.  No dripping, and fast drying.

Think before you type.

6 hours ago, Hogbay said:

they also have a string line in the shower :classic_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Rv6flyer said:

Not all ships have the string lines. I have also found that on some ships the magnets leave black marks which were hard to get off so I now put a piece of tissue between the wall and the magnet.

Marion mom,

I have done the roll up and there is still dripping, Please consider the next passenger. It is not your ship. Did I type that ok? 

P.S. I do think and that’s why I do not live in PA.

Edited by Rv6flyer

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not all ships have the string lines. I have also found that on some ships the magnets leave black marks which were hard to get off so I now put a piece of tissue between the wall and the magnet.

Maybe it depends on the kind of magnet that you use?  I've never had that happen.

14 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Maybe it depends on the kind of magnet that you use?  I've never had that happen.

They are the 65 lb magnets. They are really strong and it has so far only happened on the Majesty. It was a ***** to get the marks off.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-65-lb-Magnetic-Pull-Hook-07580HD/202639939

18 hours ago, Rv6flyer said:

Lighten up.

Not every ship has shower line.  DW rolls wet clothes up in a bath towel and has me twist it tight.  Squeeze hard enough and no drips.  Then she runs line across cabin and hangs everything up.  Been doing this on cruise ships for 25 years.  Even if it did drip a little carpet would have to stay wet several days to impact next guest.

On 11/8/2019 at 2:39 PM, Rdclfamily said:

I read that the ceilings and walls are magnetic...is this true for the Adventure of the Seas?  Is it also true that I can hang magnetic hooks on them?  I'm looking for a way to hang handwashed laundry or wet swimsuits.

There is a clothes line across the back of the shower.  Because the fan runs all the time clothes put on plastic hangers or with clothes pins dry quite quickly.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:27 PM, Merion_Mom said:

You roll wet clothes up in a towel and walk on the towel.  Unwind the towel and hang up the clothing.  No dripping, and fast drying.

I've done that too on a few cruises and it works really well.