Martinis on classic beverage package?

jenjes3

2 hours ago, Marelaine said:

My apologies. I didn't mean to imply that you expected someone to get your drink on his package. The bartender/waiter shouldn't have put your drink on his card. He should have allowed you to order a drink with your own package and pay the difference.

No worries 😊

• Like 2

As far as sharing a beverage package.... we were traveling with friends who did not have a drink package and we had the classic. In Blu, we would order 2 bottles of water but the waiter would bring out 4 (1 for each of us). We didn’t ask him to but appreciated it and rewarded him with a generous tip. It must not be all that unusual. 

On 11/10/2019 at 12:36 AM, drakes2 said:

Never having purchased a drinks package before just wondering why someone cant purchase a martini on the classics package? 

Personally I think it’s greed! I’ve had many martinis at the Martini bar on different ships in the 2 oz glass choosing from 3 flavours. Now if they start refusing I will be addressing it for sure. 
Sad thing is, when they mix the drinks, I’m sure they pour more than an ounce down the sink...lol. Makes no sense to me 😳

Plus if I choose to pay the difference in price for each martini ( classic to premium) it won’t be long adding up. By the time the exchange goes on it, be almost $5 per drink! Not happening lol

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

The $14 additional charge applies to bookings made after 10/10/19 when the beverage package is selected as a perk.

The price of the Martinis at the Martini Bar is $13 so with the Classic package a martini at the MB would have a upcharge of $4 plus 20% gratuity.  

I didn't see that 14$ charge anywhere on my reservation documents. I have not yet been charge for it and there there is no mention of it.... Is it legal or would it be considered hidden fees? 

If I decide to upgrade to the premium package, do you know if we still have to pay the 14$ on top of the cost of the upgrade?

thank you!

5 minutes ago, 250373 said:

I didn't see that 14$ charge anywhere on my reservation documents. I have not yet been charge for it and there there is no mention of it.... Is it legal or would it be considered hidden fees? 

If I decide to upgrade to the premium package, do you know if we still have to pay the 14$ on top of the cost of the upgrade?

thank you!

In which country did you make the reservation?

Edited by Mark_T

I just finished chatting with a celebrity agent and he told me the 14$ is already included in the price of the cruise. No additional charges than what you are quoted.

pfiew! This is not how I had planned on spending my OBC! I am taking my two young adults daughters on a "mother-daughters" vacation and prefer to treat them on the specialty restaurants and spa treatments! :-)

10 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I don't think that there is any actual policy in place to accommodate making specialty martini's fit within the classic package. However, I have seen a few posts lately from people who said that they were flat out denied service at the martini bar without having a premium package. That is ridiculous and if it ever happens to me, you can be sure that I will be asking to speak to a manager. Celebrity is in the business to make money and someone who wants to buy a martini without a package or pay the upcharge to get one with the classic package should be served.

Happened on our most recent cruise and the manager wouldn’t budge. Except for the elites at elite happy hour martinis aren’t supposed to be served in the small glasses anymore. Celebrity is doing away with it and bartenders aren’t supposed to be serving them.

1 hour ago, VitaminSea53 said:

This topic pertains to my question.......Can I order a regular vodka (tito’s)  martini at the Martini bar? It should be $9 or less and covered by the classic beverage pkg. 

No. Doesn’t make sense since Tito’s is on the classic package, but it’s still a no go. You could get a Tito’s on ice and maybe they would add a splash of vermouth, but who knows. Doesn’t make sense

13 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Happened on our most recent cruise and the manager wouldn’t budge. Except for the elites at elite happy hour martinis aren’t supposed to be served in the small glasses anymore. Celebrity is doing away with it and bartenders aren’t supposed to be serving them.

I wouldn't expect them to. My experience is that the martinis were not offered in smaller glasses so that isn't surprising to me. However, we were able to order martinis and pay the difference in cost between the classic limit and the martini cost. I've seen a few thread from people who had the classic package and that option was refused to them. That's the point when I would complain to a manager. If you want to give celebrity money over and above what you have already paid, they should certainly take it.

On a recent Equinox 11 day cruise, I saw slips being signed at The Martini Bar..so they were certainly allowing people to "pay" for drinks...

We upgraded from Classic to Premium the first day on the ship, that bartender looked after us the rest of the week for sure.  

I just talked to customer agent at celebrity and he told me martini bar is not suppose to accept classic OR premium packages. You need to pay separately for one of these martinis. He was quite adamant about this. But obvious this has not been the case for some. Perhaps policy has changed? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, doremus said:

I just talked to customer agent at celebrity and he told me martini bar is not suppose to accept classic OR premium packages. You need to pay separately for one of these martinis. He was quite adamant about this. But obvious this has not been the case for some. Perhaps policy has changed? 

So where can you use your premium beverage package?

23 minutes ago, doremus said:

That is just plain wrong...

There is no carve out for the Martini bar or any other bar onboard, the package sales blurb is very clear...

"Want a carefree way to sail with Celebrity? Pay just one price to enjoy a wide variety of beverage choices such as premium coffees, bottled water, wines-by-the-glass, beers, or your favorite cocktails. Your package can be used in the Main Restaurant, specialty restaurants, casual dining restaurants, and all bars and lounges."

• Like 1

Mark, thanks for providing this info. We will be on the Eclipse next week for a 16 night sail so I will find out what happens. I am a big Martini fan so will certainly be going to that bar. We have the classic package. I have to admit I was quite surprised when the celebrity agent insisted that neither package was allowed.  

12 minutes ago, doremus said:

Mark, thanks for providing this info. We will be on the Eclipse next week for a 16 night sail so I will find out what happens. I am a big Martini fan so will certainly be going to that bar. We have the classic package. I have to admit I was quite surprised when the celebrity agent insisted that neither package was allowed.  

Another case of ten people ten different answers although in the case of celebrity agents they are pretty well informed and if they dont know the answer they'll find out.

10 hours ago, doremus said:

10 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Another case of ten people ten different answers although in the case of celebrity agents they are pretty well informed and if they dont know the answer they'll find out.

if you are a big martini drinker, and want top shelf alcohol and specialty drinks, perhaps you might want to upgrade to a deluxe package.  or if not, just pay the additional charge for upgraded drinks , per drink