Martinis on classic beverage package?

jenjes3

i f you purchased the deluxe package you are fine.  The classic package you pay additional for premium martinis   The only premium package extras would be for the martini flight, which is an assortment of different martinis or glasses of expensive wine/champagne 

Unless something has changed

Edited by Cruise a holic

2 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

We are currently on the Edge and there is no problem using the premium beverage package in the Martini Bar. It covers all the martinis except the flight and a $25 martini with special ingredients. 

thanks for posting this.  Do you know if we can use a classic beverage package at this bar for other drinks included in the classic package. And then pay top up for matrinis/ other non included drinks. This will dictate weather I will upgrade as I see us sitting about here most evenings if too cool outside.

Sorry I don’t have the answer to that - maybe someone with a classic package will be able to provide that information. On other cruises where we have had the classic package, we have  been able to order other drinks and just pay the difference on the martinis. 

1 hour ago, fragilek said:

thanks for posting this.  Do you know if we can use a classic beverage package at this bar for other drinks included in the classic package. And then pay top up for matrinis/ other non included drinks. This will dictate weather I will upgrade as I see us sitting about here most evenings if too cool outside.

You should be able to order more expensive drinks and pay the difference + gratuity, but finding things at that particular bar that are within the classic package may be harder as it is not a full service bar as far as I can tell, so if it is not on the menu they probably don't have it there. So a G+T may not be possible due to no tonic for example...

Edited by Mark_T

2 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Sorry I don’t have the answer to that - maybe someone with a classic package will be able to provide that information. On other cruises where we have had the classic package, we have  been able to order other drinks and just pay the difference on the martinis. 

Can you find out if they have Cachaca at the Martini bar? It's used to make Caipirinha's which is a Brazilian martini. Much appreciated. 😀

Not sure anyone has brought this up... but is your cruise part of the Veterans Day sale.... 4 perks...including premium are essentially included.... now really applies to non refundable and may be only 2020... not sure... but you may want to call and check...   if you can't get through on the phone... try their chat line (do a search and you will find it... it is abit hidden). Sale ends in a day or two

6 minutes ago, kearney said:

Not sure anyone has brought this up... but is your cruise part of the Veterans Day sale.... 4 perks...including premium are essentially included.... now really applies to non refundable and may be only 2020... not sure... but you may want to call and check...   if you can't get through on the phone... try their chat line (do a search and you will find it... it is abit hidden). Sale ends in a day or two

Yes booked a CC on Apex may 2020 with 4 perks including $500 OBC. I See the cabin has now gone up in price. Sale ends tomorrow we will see what Black Friday brings. 

Just now, drakes2 said:

Yes booked a CC on Apex may 2020 with 4 perks including $500 OBC. I See the cabin has now gone up in price. Sale ends tomorrow we will see what Black Friday brings. 

There is another thread about the Black Friday sale...off hand the Vet sale seems better... at least it worked out for us.

3 hours ago, fragilek said:

When we were on the Edge in January, our friends with the classic package were able to get whatever classic drinks they wanted at the Martini bar.  The only thing I don't think they had was a blender for frozen drinks. They were able to get Martinis with classic spirits as well with no upcharge (one of them had many the appletini). The Martini bar on the Edge is the main Atrium/pre-dinner bar, and they were fully prepared to make drinks outside of martinis that were on either level of package.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Can you find out if they have Cachaca at the Martini bar? It's used to make Caipirinha's which is a Brazilian martini. Much appreciated. 😀

I asked our favorite waitress at the Martini Bar and she said they can make the Caipirinha martini if they have the Cachaca in stock (they don’t always have it). You can have any drinks covered by the Classic Package (as long as they have the ingredients in stock) and you can order the Martinis with the Classic Package and just pay the difference. You can also get blended drinks, the bar where they don’t have a blender is the Magic Carpet. 

Edited by DUTRAVEL

9 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

I asked our favorite waitress at the Martini Bar and she said they can make the Caipirinha martini if they have the Cachaca in stock (they don’t always have it). You can have any drinks covered by the Classic Package (as long as they have the ingredients in stock) and you can order the Martinis with the Classic Package and just pay the difference. You can also get blended drinks, the bar where they don’t have a blender is the Magic Carpet. 

Thank you for asking I'm on the Apex in may 2020 so hope they have it by then. I have the Premium package first time ever with beverage package so happy about that.  Enjoy your cruise. 😀

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you for asking I'm on the Apex in may 2020 so hope they have it by then. I have the Premium package first time ever with beverage package so happy about that.  Enjoy your cruise. 😀

If not, they will surely have white rum in which case the drink is a caipirissima.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, slei15 said:

When we were on the Edge in January, our friends with the classic package were able to get whatever classic drinks they wanted at the Martini bar.  The only thing I don't think they had was a blender for frozen drinks. They were able to get Martinis with classic spirits as well with no upcharge (one of them had many the appletini). The Martini bar on the Edge is the main Atrium/pre-dinner bar, and they were fully prepared to make drinks outside of martinis that were on either level of package.

Thank you Slei15. I appreciate knowing that we can still enjoy the Martini Bar on the Edge with our Classic package. I am a ‘light weight’ and don’t want a big sized drink. 

I am glad to finally have an answer.   Cheers!