Cruise Critic Community
RevNeal

In-Cabin TVs on the Koningsdam

Does anybody know the size of the in-cabin TVs in the Verandah cabins aboard the Koningsdam?  And, does anyone know the manufacturer and model number of these TVs? If not, does anyone know if they have auxiliary HDMI ports?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, RevNeal said:

Does anybody know the size of the in-cabin TVs in the Verandah cabins aboard the Koningsdam?  And, does anyone know the manufacturer and model number of these TVs? If not, does anyone know if they have auxiliary HDMI ports?

Thanks!

Not that big.  I'm certain there is an HDMI port though, because I was looking to set up my laptop to look at photos. This was January 2019, Room 4187.

IMG_8828.JPG

Edited by leerathje

Thanks!  Looks like it’s about a 40 inch screen.

The remotes do not have a way to change the input port on the tv.  I would think there would be other HDMI ports, but the tv is attached to the wall and there is no access to the back of the tv.  No input ports on the sides that I could find.  I have seen it suggested that you could bring a "universal" remote and it could be programmed to work with the tv.  Good luck.  Maybe call Ship Services at HAL for assistance.

I think 40 inches is correct.  I took some photos of the back - I don’t know what is what...

02AE13C0-9384-40F8-9405-D3C49DCB741F.thumb.jpeg.c2ed2265c860ab9fbd0998f658033507.jpeg4A8462E2-79CD-4F02-8BF9-AAFB0687C8E9.thumb.jpeg.f9e3e7e56145d61659c3d7cfd031408c.jpeg724FF261-56B3-4517-9106-BC1FCD4C268E.thumb.jpeg.24d651a782f24b5dc4d8525d06bb716a.jpeg

In 8138 the TV would not swivel out and DH could not get to the HDMI ports.

We had to have the TV reset in our Vista Suite on the Nieuw Statendam on our last cruise. The steward squeezed his hand  on the left top to either reset the TV - or change the input.

Thanks for the information!

It looks like it is probably too difficult to get back to the auxiliary HDMI port on the back of the TV if it's mounted on the wall in that small recession.  My harm is too large to be able to squeeze it into that small of a space, and I wouldn't want to try to take it off the wall to plug in an HDMI cable, only to have to hang it back on the wall.  Ugh!  So ... no go on that one.

Again, thanks for the information!