Cruise Critic Community
Holly g

Statendam question

Are the beds on this ship comfortable?  I know this is subjective but I really dislike rock hard beds and since we will be spending 21 nights on her in April I would like to get a heads up on this. Any info would be appreciated. As a guide I think Celebrity’ s beds are perfect.

We have found all HAL beds to be very comfortable.....  Not too hard and not too soft.   If you find it too hard, they will bring a topper.  

I posted this on another thread, but I will comment here and say that our bed on the NA was very firm.  So much so, that we complained to our cabin steward and he was not able to bring us a foam topper of any kind.  We were told that the ship did not have any.  Not sure why no toppers available, but that is what we were told.  

Cabin steward put an extra duvet underneath the bottom sheet to try to soften up the bed, but unfortunately it did not help and we had 7 nights of restless sleep.  Just off the ship, as this was on a recent sailing in October.  Hopefully your experience will be different.  Most people say the beds are great, and on a previous NA sailing in a different cabin we slept great.  No idea why this time it was a totally different experience.🤔

Edited by margar
Left something out

6 hours ago, Holly g said:

Are the beds on this ship comfortable?  I know this is subjective but I really dislike rock hard beds and since we will be spending 21 nights on her in April I would like to get a heads up on this. Any info would be appreciated. As a guide I think Celebrity’ s beds are perfect.

I also do not like a real hard bed.  I spent 10 days on the Nieuw Statendam in October and found the bed was very comfortable!  Had some great sleeps! Enjoy your cruise!

We are just off the Nieuw Statendam October 28 after 20 nights with the Best of the Mediterranean Collector Voyage. We were in a Vista Suite and found the bed to be very comfortable. The ship is still relatively new so I would assume that the mattresses are as well.

Thanks everyone for responding.  I’m glad to see such good reviews of the beds. We were on a 10 night cruise last year on RC

and the beds were so very hard it was impossible  for me to sleep. Don’t ever want that experience again. 

I have always found the beds on the HAL ships I have sailed to be very comfortable.  I sleep like a log.