Old topic but curious

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, bubbie74 said:

Is it possible to bring liquor in checked bags without being taken?

Here's the deal. Assume Carnival doesn't serve your fav liquor.  You head to the local packie, spend $50-$100 on a couple of bottles of the premium stuff.  Stick the unopened bottles in your checked luggage.  They find it.  You get it back at the end of the cruise.  You attempt to be sneaky and use a rum runner or shambooze.  They find it.  You see it no more.  It's tossed down a drain or someone else's gullet. So you have to "suffer" with an "inferior" brand for the whole cruise, and you have to pay $$ per drink plus you're out the $$$ for the booze you bought.

Not an economical way under either circumstances.

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is that you can pre-purchase up to two bottles of liquor to be delivered to your room.  It's on the pricey side, but still costs less than the drink package. 

I've been successful getting liquor on board in the past, but won't bother with that anymore as it's just a lot less hassle and worry to go ahead and purchase a bottle of my favorite rum and have it waiting in my room when we arrive.

I am not trying to buck the system at all. My husband had a stroke, hence only has a couple of wines per evening. I don`t want to buy the cheers package as (A) it would be a waste and (B) I wouldn't  want him to drink more because we did phrchase  the pacakge. I just want to have a couple of drinks in my cabin as with his illness, we will be spending more time there than we usually do. Not trying to be cheat or be deceitful (just for those who are quick to  criticize)!

14 minutes ago, rukkian said:

One is against the rules, other is allowed.  Why do you care what others bring on?  I don't drink pop, but will probably bring a 12pk for my wife.  We had the pop package, but cancelled it, because my wife does not like canned coke (she doesn't like cans at all, but can tolerate diet pepsi in cans). 

Yeah, i know it's allowed. It's really obvious too.  I'm not going to hi-jack this thread over this. 

18 minutes ago, bubbie74 said:

I am not trying to buck the system at all. My husband had a stroke, hence only has a couple of wines per evening. I don`t want to buy the cheers package as (A) it would be a waste and (B) I wouldn't  want him to drink more because we did phrchase  the pacakge. I just want to have a couple of drinks in my cabin as with his illness, we will be spending more time there than we usually do. Not trying to be cheat or be deceitful (just for those who are quick to  criticize)!

If wine is your thing, you're each allowed to bring a bottle of wine with you on board.

35 minutes ago, bubbie74 said:

Then the answer is simple- buy a bottle from the Fun Shops before you board.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, bubbie74 said:

Is it possible to bring liquor in checked bags without being taken?

Anything is possible. I have often thought about trying the rum runners just to see. But in the end, I didn't. I am on vacation. If I want a drink, I can get one virtually any time. On the other hand, I think the worst that might happen if you got caught is you'd be brought to the naughty room, and your liquor would be confiscated. Maybe that could be sort of an early cheap excursion. Unless you were sneaking on expensive hooch?