Jet ski rentals on Mexican Rivera cruise?

cruisingguy007

We haven't been to any of the ports (Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan) on our upcoming cruise. We have done week long all inclusive trips to Nuevo Vallarta at the mega resorts and they would have the jet skis right outside the pool areas on the beach where you could negotiate a rate and jump on and take off. Is it like that at these ports of calls? I've found a few rentals listings at one but zero reviews or phone numbers, like it's no longer in business or something. Others have told me there are rentals but can't provide any specifics. Has anyone seen them or gotten a rental and can offer some insight? 

They will definitely have them in Cabo. From the tender pier, probably best to just take a Water Taxi over to Medano Beach. There will be plenty of outfits right near the beach bars. You can get more information at the TripAdvisor Cabo Forum here.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g152515-i84-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

Other ideas for Cabo

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g152515-Activities-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

Edited by SDPadreFan

For Mazatlan - maybe out on Stone Island. Other ideas would be to explore Old Mazatlan (downtown area).

For Puerto Vallarta - they probably have them there also. Another option would be tree-to tree zip lines. Look for tree to tree, because some are tree to valley.

38 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

For Mazatlan - maybe out on Stone Island. Other ideas would be to explore Old Mazatlan (downtown area).

For Puerto Vallarta - they probably have them there also. Another option would be tree-to tree zip lines. Look for tree to tree, because some are tree to valley.

Would you recommend Jet Skiing in Cabo San Lucas or Puerto Vallarta?

Either would probably be good. I would look at the other activities offered at the locations and then pick based upon that. Cabo - desert/beach ATV's are an option as is snorkeling and desert ziplining (over a dry arroyo). Puerto Vallarta has rain forest type activities. Jungle ATV's, tree to tree ziplining, waterfall repelling.

Whales will start showing up in Cabo (guessing mid December) so whale watching is also an option. Not sure when they arrive in PV

Edited by SDPadreFan

4 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

Either would probably be good. I would look at the other activities offered at the locations and then pick based upon that. Cabo - desert/beach ATV's are an option as is snorkeling and desert ziplining (over a dry arroyo). Puerto Vallarta has rain forest type activities. Jungle ATV's, tree to tree ziplining, waterfall repelling.

Whales will start showing up in Cabo (guessing mid December) so whale watching is also an option. Not sure when they arrive in PV

Just now, coevan said:

The water will be much colder in Cabo, otherwise jet skiing is jet skiing

I would prefer to look at El Arco de Los Cabos in CSL. In PV, I would consider Jet Skiing.

22 hours ago, coevan said:

The water will be much colder in Cabo, otherwise jet skiing is jet skiing

Winter time is when Cabo ocean temps are their warmest. They are actually coldest starting around late April. It has to do with the Alaskan current. In the winter, it moves slowly down the west coast, finally reaching Cabo in late April before receding north. By August, the water is warm again. But no real issues in the winter. One thing that can throw things out of wack briefly (couple of days) and that is a winter storm that gets too close to Cabo. The water is VERY DEEP around the tip of Baja so a storm that gets close enough can bring that colder deep water up to the surface for a couple of days. Otherwise, every thing is warm. Water, air, etc. Course the margaritas are always cold.

• 1 month later...

Regarding PV, it is pretty easy to rent Jet Skis in various locations including right along Los Muertos Beach located in town (the Old Town or Romantic Zone area).  Vendors are right on the beach on either side of the pier.

Hank

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2019 at 3:43 PM, Hlitner said:

Regarding PV, it is pretty easy to rent Jet Skis in various locations including right along Los Muertos Beach located in town (the Old Town or Romantic Zone area).  Vendors are right on the beach on either side of the pier.

Hank

Do you have an estimated price and an age requirement?

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Do you have an estimated price and an age requirement?

I honestly have no idea regarding the price although it is probably reasonable and in line with other places.  Also keep in mind it is Mexico so you can certainly try to negotiate with no guarantee it will help.  As to age, that has previously been an issue since a young girl (I think she was 14) was killed in a jet ski accident a few years ago (this happened in the hotel zone outside of town).  We are talking about Mexico where most businesses do not ask for ID.   I suspect if you look old enough it will be OK.  You go up to one of the jet ski vendors with money and do not ask them do they have an age minimum :).   One nice thing about renting at Los Muertos Beach is that nobody seems to care if you go pretty far off shore.  We have seen places elsewhere that have all kinds of restrictions on jet skis.  But in Mexico they just want you to return on time.

Hank