New to Marella

New to Marella, and am traveling from Gatwick to Barbados with 10am Departure.I  Am going to overnight at the airport, so firstly, at what times can you check your bags in the night before?  Secondly, what are you now allowed to carry on an overnight "carry on" case these days other than clothes. Thanks in advance Alan and Pam

• 1 month later...

Hi Alan and Pam we are doing the same on 11th Jan then check in on 12th Sunday for our flight out, not long to wait now.  We have never been able to check in overnight in Gatwick with Thomson/ Marella, security issues they say.  We are on ExP2, what ship and when are you going?  You can carry what you like so long as liquids are less than 100ml and are in small clear plastic bays and total weight is less than 10kg.  I rather like to have my case overnight in Gatwick then we can put our travelling clothes and heavier coats in the cases and start to get ready for the warmer weather.  

Hope you have a great cruise and safe travels.

Ann and Dave 

• Like 1

Staying at the Acor in the North Terminal. Looking at website and confirmed by local TUI office, check in is open from 1400 - 2400 the night before travel. We are also on Explorer2 and the only remaining query is what type the plugs are ? U tube clips are not clear. Anybody help ?

alanandpam 

Not sure but as its an X Celebrity ship it will probably be USA and EUR plugs. 

We have an Amazon universal plug.  The top twists off and you can have any bottom you like, ie you can change between US EUR and Eng pins.  Its been very helpful.  If there is only one plug then we plug in the USB power pack that charges two things at once and leave them charging overnight.  Next day all 3 have a full charge. 

On 12/29/2019 at 7:22 PM, alanandpam said:

Staying at the Acor in the North Terminal. Looking at website and confirmed by local TUI office, check in is open from 1400 - 2400 the night before travel. We are also on Explorer2 and the only remaining query is what type the plugs are ? U tube clips are not clear. Anybody help ?

alanandpam 

Our cabin on Explorer 2 had an EU and US sockets do you will need adaptors. We found a double adaptor very useful. Enjoy your cruise, we loved this ship.

Something we've noted with sockets is that they are often close together or very close to the desk/dressing table in your cabin. This can make them tricky to use with adaptors, particularly if they have USB cables sticking out of the top or bottom.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:16 PM, The Solo Dancer said:

We are all checked in online for our flight but it says that bag drop is only open two hours before the flight.  We have tried to check in the night before but have not been successful.   We also got return flight boarding passes. 

On the booking website under flights, it states that if you flights on the following morning one can check in between 2pm and 10pm

On 12/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, The Solo Dancer said:

Hi Alan and Pam we are doing the same on 11th Jan then check in on 12th Sunday for our flight out, not long to wait now.  We have never been able to check in overnight in Gatwick with Thomson/ Marella, security issues they say.  We are on ExP2, what ship and when are you going?  You can carry what you like so long as liquids are less than 100ml and are in small clear plastic bays and total weight is less than 10kg.  I rather like to have my case overnight in Gatwick then we can put our travelling clothes and heavier coats in the cases and start to get ready for the warmer weather.  

Hope you have a great cruise and safe travels.

Ann and Dave 

Hi, we’ll be on the same cruise (we are the 11am flight though). It’s our first marella cruise but have cruises many times with Costa, MSC and Royal Caribbean. I’m looking forward to it 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone give a definitive reply to this, as it will change my travel plans.

I am booked on a 10am flight to Bridgetown on Sunday 2Feb . I had planned that I travel to LGW  on the Saturday and drop my 2 cases off at around 1700 on the Saturday and stay overnight at LGW. My local TUI store yesterday told me that cruise passengers could only check in 2/3 hours before before the flight and not able to use the the night before service as described on the website. The store have in the past gave been guilty of misinformation and confusion. I have tried using the help lines with no response and I don't belong to the generation who use facebook or twitter. Can anybody give me a definitive answer please ? Regards Alan and Pam

FellowPension Cruiser

Tried the02476 number this morning which put me through to the 0203 number with all the options and recorded messages. Eventually contacted a Cruise team member who assured me that I could check in the night before having printed my boarding card etc. The check in staff would be able to find my cabin tag. Have grave doubts about this since the baggage is bonded, but will give it a go and see what happens. If anybody from Marella is monitoring these boards this watch this space

Thanks for your help, Alan