Alternative cruise lines for Australia/New Zealand

Seafan22

Though I am a pretty loyal NCL Platinum cruiser, we are interested in cruising in Australia and New Zealand and NCL does not offer much in the way of variety or an advanced schedule (I like to plan a year or a bit more ahead).  What other cruise lines have NCL customers sailed with down-under and been happy with? 

Thanks

Take a look at Princess..........and the fares aren't too bad. Understand about planning. Was hoping to do NCL but in  2021 have purchased Princess Sydney to Hong Kong and then Celebrity from Sydney to Honolulu......all for less than NCL wanted for Sydney to Honolulu as a b2b via French Polynesia.

P.S. Platinum + on NCL

We sailed with HAL in the spring. Itinerary was nice as was the crew. the only thing was that it a  was a “quiet” laidback Cruise.Not much to do but they did make up for it with Happy Hours hooked up, with trivia on a daily basis!

We did a HAL cruise in Australia and New Zealand a couple of years ago mainly because the Celebrity cruise we really wanted was fully sold. It was a good price and we had an aft balcony cabin for a very reasonable price. BUT it was VERY quiet and we felt like youngsters (we're both in our 60's!!). My husband reckoned half the passengers didn't make it to the the end of the 14 night cruise!!

We effectively had 4 sea days in a row (one in the Sounds and the other 3 going over to Australia) and we were ready to jump overboard by the end! So I wouldn't go on HAL again unless I was seriously behind with my reading!!

On 11/13/2019 at 6:18 AM, Sauer-kraut said:

Have you looked into P&O lines??

P&O Australia is quite different to P&O England. We call them Poor and Ordinary.  Last choice for me.

My preference would be Celebrity or Princess in that order. Of course price and itinerary would be a deciding factor. Royal Caribbean if your travelling as a family with children. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, Seafan22 said:

Though I am a pretty loyal NCL Platinum cruiser, we are interested in cruising in Australia and New Zealand and NCL does not offer much in the way of variety or an advanced schedule (I like to plan a year or a bit more ahead).  What other cruise lines have NCL customers sailed with down-under and been happy with? 

Thanks

Holland America Line!

We're booked on a 2021 New Zealand cruise with NCL that drops us off in Port Kembla (just south of Sydney). This was booked almost 6 months ago I want to guess, with a 20% off lattitudes reward making the price with reduced air fare too good to pass up.

The only problem we're finding now is that the longest you can extend your stay with the air promo is 3 days, and we wanted at least a full week in Australia when we get off the cruise. So debating whether to just do the 3 days and keep the 'cheap' air, or drop the air promo and stay the full week like we wanted knowing we won't be back to that side anytime soon.