Cruise Critic Community
canadarocks

Are Master Chef Dinners ever on Gala Nights?

Just noticed that the Pinnacle Grill is not available to book on the second to last night of our Hawaii cruise. I assumed that would be our third of three Gala Nights. Are Master Chef dinners ever scheduled for Gala Nights? The Set De Mer "pop up" is on another night. 

Do a mock booking for the dinner - if it pops up for that date, then you will know!  😊

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

Just noticed that the Pinnacle Grill is not available to book on the second to last night of our Hawaii cruise. I assumed that would be our third of three Gala Nights. Are Master Chef dinners ever scheduled for Gala Nights? The Set De Mer "pop up" is on another night. 

the Master Chef Dinner I have had experienced is not on a Gala night but even if it was, I’d far rather do that than Gala 😉.  

I haven’t heard of them closing off the Pinnacle for that as it is an intimate affair of 12- 18 people.

I suspect they may be planning a Sommelier night aka Cellar Master Dinner.  Just my best guess.

Can't do a mock booking as Pinnacle's not available that night to book. 

Thanks Kazu. Are Cellar Master dinners usually available to pre-book or are they a "hurry up and reserve when you get onboard" event? 🙂 

13 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Can't do a mock booking as Pinnacle's not available that night to book. 

Thanks Kazu. Are Cellar Master dinners usually available to pre-book or are they a "hurry up and reserve when you get onboard" event? 🙂 

They are a book on board event.  I there is one, all of the wine stewards will most likely ask if you are interested to sign up. 😉

there should also be a beverage event announcement at the table at the Lido where they show the wines for the different packages.

I haven’t been to a disappointing Cellar Master yet on any HAL cruise I’ve been on.  Food is subjective of course, but I’m a tad fussy 😉   Wines are included of course.

A couple of the Cellar Master dinners that we attended were held on a Gala night.  There were 56 of us at one of the dinners and we were in the front of the dining room.  The tables by the windows were for a few regular diners.

36 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

A couple of the Cellar Master dinners that we attended were held on a Gala night.  There were 56 of us at one of the dinners and we were in the front of the dining room.  The tables by the windows were for a few regular diners.

Interesting - I’ve never been to a Cellar Master that wasn’t in the PG. but, I’ve only been on the Statendam (old one), Rotterdam (old one), Rotterdam, Westerdam, Oosterdam,  Zuiderdam, Volendam, Maasdam, N Amsterdam, and a lot of the Prinsendam.  They were all in the PG, always.

Not sure if I would want to do one in the MDR and if the PG is unavailable on a certain night, it’s a good tip it is there 😉   JMO though and JME 😉 

Sorry -- I should have been more clear -- front of the Pinnacle dining room.  Window tables in the Pinnacle were for regular reservations.