How are the public buses

VicRock

We'll be docking at the naval yard Sunday.  We want to do a tour in Hamilton.  How are the public buses?  We'll schedule the tour for later in the day so will have plenty of time to get there but we'd like to walk around a bit first.  So reliable buses are a must.

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The buses run on a reduced schedule on Sunday. Sunday or not the recommended way to get to Hamilton from the Dockyard would be the ferry.  

I understand the ferry isn't running.  There's a free NCL ferry but it goes to St George.  good to know about the reduced schedule.  thanks

4 hours ago, VicRock said:

I understand the ferry isn't running.  There's a free NCL ferry but it goes to St George.  good to know about the reduced schedule.  thanks

The public ferry to Hamilton runs every day year round. It is the ferries to St. George’s that won’t be running. Here is the winter ferry schedule in effect now. 

https://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Ferry/Winter Ferry Schedule 2019.pdf

Edited by Charles4515

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

What kind of tour are you planning in Hamilton? Not much to do in Hamilton on a Sunday. 

A tram tour witb two stops.  They had availability so I'm assuming the 2 stops would be open.  Dont recall off top of my head what they were.

2 hours ago, VicRock said:

A tram tour witb two stops.  They had availability so I'm assuming the 2 stops would be open.  Dont recall off top of my head what they were.

Sounds like you are doing the trolly train tour  that goes to the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute (BUEI). I think the other stop may be Fort Hamilton. Those will be open. Not much else though on a Sunday. Most stores will be closed. The trolly train picks up on Front Street near the ferry terminal.or at the BUEI. 

Edited by Charles4515

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Sounds like you are doing the trolly train tour  that goes to the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute (BUEI). I think the other stop may be Fort Hamilton. Those will be open. Not much else though on a Sunday. Most stores will be closed. The trolly train picks up on Front Street near the ferry terminal.or at the BUEI. 

We haven't booked anything yet.  Just exploring options.

59 minutes ago, VicRock said:

We haven't booked anything yet.  Just exploring options.

I was at the BUEI in August. Our ship was docked in Hamilton and I went to kill some time before the ship left the last day. The exhibits are somewhat interesting. They are oriented towards school age children. Fort Hamilton has good views and the moat underneath is interesting. The whole tour will probably only take up a couple of hours. I didn’t take the trolly train. I walked there and back but here is a picture I took of the trolly train. And a picture inside. 

4B8D08EC-34C4-4130-9291-BE1851FE5FA2.jpeg

7653BEEC-241C-4679-99EF-98C6618A3FDC.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I was at the BUEI in August. Our ship was docked in Hamilton and I went to kill some time before the ship left the last day. The exhibits are somewhat interesting. They are oriented towards school age children. Fort Hamilton has good views and the moat underneath is interesting. The whole tour will probably only take up a couple of hours. I didn’t take the trolly train. I walked there and back but here is a picture I took of the trolly train. And a picture inside. 

4B8D08EC-34C4-4130-9291-BE1851FE5FA2.jpeg

7653BEEC-241C-4679-99EF-98C6618A3FDC.jpeg

Nice.  We're docking at the dockyard.  We'll be with our 8 year old homeschooler so that would be great for us whether we do the tour or not.

My son & I have already decided we need to go back to Bermuda when it's docked during the week. 

Now to convince hubby. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, VicRock said:

Nice.  We're docking at the dockyard.  We'll be with our 8 year old homeschooler so that would be great for us whether we do the tour or not.

My son & I have already decided we need to go back to Bermuda when it's docked during the week. 

Now to convince hubby. 

We took our grandson when he was 8 to the BUEI just grabbed the trolley at the dock and he dropped us at the door. He liked the trip we walked part of the way back but grabbed the bus to the terminal then off to the Zoo another treat. We were there on a Monday so was a little different everything was open and running. Going back in June 2020 with the family if weather not great will go back here again :).

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

We took our grandson when he was 8 to the BUEI just grabbed the trolley at the dock and he dropped us at the door. He liked the trip we walked part of the way back but grabbed the bus to the terminal then off to the Zoo another treat. We were there on a Monday so was a little different everything was open and running. Going back in June 2020 with the family if weather not great will go back here again :).

We didn't do buses for that trip (November) but we're going back in May & will definitely be utilizing the buses.  We'll be there during the week & for about 3 days.  But not at the dockyard.  We'll be doing Royal Empress.