Maasdam

VK3DQ

Hi Folks

Have just had an upsell offer for our 3-23 December cruise on Maasdam

Offer is upgrade from ocean view  to vista suite -- $650 per person   so that $2600 in total

We have 2 x ocean views booked with 2 persons in one and a single occupant in the other ,....cabins are next door to each other offer is for best available. 

Having a good think about this we have decided to decline the offer... what do you think?? 

Regards

John

I think everyone has to make the best decision for themselves.  We just got an upsell offer on NS that  we didn’t reply to . . .   We like our cabin and our location- and we felt like the upsell was a lot of $$ that we could spend in other ways.   Our upsell offer was veranda to NS for $1599 pp.  we love love the NS but not for $3200. Extra!  

26 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

We have 2 x ocean views booked with 2 persons in one and a single occupant in the other ,....cabins are next door to each other offer is for best available. 

Having a good think about this we have decided to decline the offer... what do you think?? 

Regards

John

I have no experience with upsells, so can't provide any insight.  I am wondering, though, if you will be given two adjoining cabins if you agree to the change. If being close is important to you, then it might be something to consider or confirm.

Personally, if I were satisfied with the current location of my booked staterooms, I think I might find a better use for the extra funds. But it is really an individual choice. 

On 11/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

Offer is upgrade from ocean view  to vista suite -- $650 per person   so that $2600 in total

Regards

John

On 11/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

Regards

John

Hi John,

Interesting as to how/why they make these offers.

If your not a 4 or 5 star they may need 2 cabins next door to each other and I would have phoned HA if there was no need for your cabins to be next to each other saying interested but at say $1,600.