Cruising on RCCL Allure of the Seas September 13-20, 2020.

saw1457

Hello my husband and I are looking for a hotel near the cruise port in Barcelona Spain.  We are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary in May, 2020, but are cruising in September, 2020.  We are going on RCCL Allure of the Seas September 13-20, 2020.  Any suggestions would be wonderful. This will be our first time in Spain.  We might even stay one night coming back from the cruise before we fly out back to Florida.  If anyone has great advice on what to do, restaurants, etc... please let us know.  Thank you!

On 11/13/2019 at 2:49 AM, saw1457 said:

Hello my husband and I are looking for a hotel near the cruise port in Barcelona Spain.  We are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary in May, 2020, but are cruising in September, 2020.  We are going on RCCL Allure of the Seas September 13-20, 2020.  Any suggestions would be wonderful. This will be our first time in Spain.  We might even stay one night coming back from the cruise before we fly out back to Florida.  If anyone has great advice on what to do, restaurants, etc... please let us know.  Thank you!

Edited by amri638
Not finished

2 minutes ago, amri638 said:

I think l pushed a wrong button and got erased.

l am now in Barcelona (4th visit) for a precruise sailing 11-22-2019 Norwegian Epic.

l am lucky  to get many good deals for this visit.

Airfare Norwegian Air about $280 LAX to BCN.

Next year l am sailing Allure of the Sea March 1,2020. Flying CDG (staying 5 nights in Paris post cruise.) to LAX for the same amount. I didn’t buy tickets together since l didn’t plan to go on Allure at first.

Booked a wonderful Airbnb for 8 nights for about $500. A spacious room with bathroom and use of kitchen and living room. It is 1min to La Rambla and 1min to metro station. 3-4 mins from port shuttle.You can book it for less days. Email me for detail.

Eat paella at 7 Portes which is walking distant. The food is very good.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:49 PM, saw1457 said:

Hotel Jazz is in a great location. Barcelona is a beautiful city - do not miss Sagrada Familia.

As for what to do.

My son told me about this tour company. Runner Bean Tours. I went on their Gothic Quarter Walking tour and tomorrow l am going to their Gaudi Walking tour.

Their meeting time is also great with Barcelona as a port of call too since it is at11am and last about 2 1/2 hrs. Just right for a shore excursions. Their price is unbeatable for it is really free. (I have just been to a free tour that charged before the tour started early this year cruising in Norway) You only give them tips at the end.

During the tour l was shown some places l have been and more others l don’t know of. I even enjoyed those l had been for our guide pointed out a lot of details to see, the history and tales about the places. He made it so very interesting. He told us tips like visiting Churches for free in the morning and evening. I wish they would start more interesting tours and l will be back . Their meeting place is also convenient to cruiser in Placa Reial, not far from the port shuttle, walkable or take the metro.

l think l covered most of your questions and you can email me if you want to. amri638 @gmail.com

We have Rick Steves Audio Europe app installed on our iphones. His app is free and a Barcelona city walk is included (also a map).

https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/audio-tours/spain-portugal-audio-tours

The HOHO bus is also an option. 

https://www.hop-on-hop-off-bus.com/barcelona-bus-tours#sort=%40regionsortorder descending

and 

https://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/en

The following site is an excellent site for determining which of the top tourist attractions you wish to see.

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/spain/articles/20-must-visit-attractions-in-barcelona/

Edited by dogs4fun

Thank you to all of you, I will look into all the suggestions and do some research.  I'm just a little worried about what I read about pick pocketers and all.  Looking for a travel purse like Tavelon. 

10 hours ago, saw1457 said:

I'm just a little worried about what I read about pick pocketers and all.  Looking for a travel purse like Tavelon. 

We have visited Barcelona multiple times and have never had a problem with pickpockets. We take adequate precautions (just like we do in other cities). I wear a silk passport wallet worn crossbody inside my shirt/sweater - in it I carry my credit card and any cash that I might need for the day. I wear a small purse, cross body - it holds my few daily essentials (comb, tissues, etc.). Our passports, extra credit cards, and cash all remain in our hotel safe or stateroom safe - we carry only a copy of our passport while walking about the city.

Thank you so much!  I'm looking into getting a money belt or something close to that and a anti theft purse.  I'm reading and watching YouTube videos to get information. I was looking into Hotel Jazz that someone suggested to me.  Looks beautiful and close to many places.  I appreciate your time and information.  Thank you and have a wonderful day.