Jump to content

Coca Cola OUT, Pepsi Cola IN


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

Dr. Pepper is a coke product?? Where did you hear that vicious rumor? THAT is fake news.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

Very happy to see bubble water, Starbucks bottles, naked juices, and Gatorade! Now, if they would only ditch the nasty Rockstar and go with Red-Bull, everything would be gravy. I couldn't care less about soda but I will admit that Coke is better in many adult beverages that call for a cola mixer. For me personally though, this change is awesome and adds more value to the cheers package.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Very happy to see bubble water, Starbucks bottles, naked juices, and Gatorade! Now, if they would only ditch the nasty Rockstar and go with Red-Bull, everything would be gravy. I couldn't care less about soda but I will admit that Coke is better in many adult beverages that call for a cola mixer. For me personally though, this change is awesome and adds more value to the cheers package.   

Bubbly is a good addition but hopefully they keep the unflavored seltzers. We always get 2 large bottles of San Pellegrino in the MDR. One with dinner and one for the cabin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

Bubbly is a good addition but hopefully they keep the unflavored seltzers. We always get 2 large bottles of San Pellegrino in the MDR. One with dinner and one for the cabin.

Agreed. I too enjoy the San Pellegrino at dinner and hope it remains. I could totally manage on the bubble water alone but do enjoy mineral water very much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, rick and carrie said:

We preordered several cans of Coke products for January Journeys cruise. Now what?🤔

 

This is what they told me! Hello Samantha. We will be implementing a transition plan, which includes depleting current inventory, stocking new products, and also updating menus and other printed material. We expect PepsiCo products on board by January 2020. However, we ask all guests to please be patient during this transition as we will not be able to guarantee whether certain brands are on certain ships until we have completed the transition. Since we are not sure, you may want to cancel your order and bring your own sodas with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, true story here:

 

When our daughters were teenagers they would only drink Coke.  We, however would only buy what was on sale and it pretty much alternated bi-weekly.  Coke would be gone in a matter of days, Pepsi would only be consumed in desperation and with much complaining.  So one week I secretly hid a couple empty Coke bottles.  I put Pepsi in the Coke bottles and Coke in the Pepsi bottles.  Lo and behold the contents of the Coke bottles (the Pepsi) was consumed quickly with no words of complaint.  The contents of the Pepsi bottles (the Coke) was consumed slowly with much complaint about how "disgusting" it was that they had to drink Pepsi.

 

The difference is all in Marketing Q.E.D.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read this on John's fb page.  I can't believe the dramatics over pop.   "The worst thing ever"   "I'm switching cruise lines"  After the last few months I've had I'm just glad I can still go on my cruise and don't give a darn what they are serving.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ssdk20 said:

 

This is what they told me! Hello Samantha. We will be implementing a transition plan, which includes depleting current inventory, stocking new products, and also updating menus and other printed material. We expect PepsiCo products on board by January 2020. However, we ask all guests to please be patient during this transition as we will not be able to guarantee whether certain brands are on certain ships until we have completed the transition. Since we are not sure, you may want to cancel your order and bring your own sodas with you.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

That's a Coke product. Maybe he can develop a taste for Mr. Pibb which is a Pepsi product. I've done it in a pinch and they both contain prune juice! 🙂 

Depends what area of country.

 

Here in Ohio Dr. Pepper is a Pepsi product.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't really have an issue with this (yet). I can drink either. But I'm primarily a Diet Dr. Pepper drinker along with some Diet A&W Root Beer and Diet Sprite. For a 7-15 day cruise - I'll manage. I can be happy just bringing some Crystal Light Tea(s) to mix in water.

 

Mixed drinks may be an issue. I like Coke with my whisky or rum. And Diet Coke with Bacardi Limon is a completely serviceable lower calorie drink. I'll have to give Diet Pepsi a try with the Bacardi Limon (but not hopeful).

Link to post
Share on other sites

You all realize the announcement says "Preferred", not "Exclusive", right?  I'm willing to bet there will be Coke in the bars for those who want a Rum & Coke or Crown & Coke.

 

I'm also happy that Bubly will be available under the Bottomless Bubbles package.  I don't usually purchase that, but I will with that addition.

 

I do agree it probably means the Freestyle machines will be a no-go on Carnival as well, which disappoints me.  I really enjoyed the flavored Vitamin Water on RCCL on our last cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...