Cruise Critic Community
TNT5197

Sky Princess photo package

We’re currently on the Sky Princess.  I preordered the photo package for $199.00.  Tonight we went to see the pictures taken so far.  As you know the Sky is a completely a medallion driven ship.  We saw our pictures (okay most of them, more on that later )on a monitor and inquired about the process.   Much to our surprise they  DO NOT print them!  For the purchase price you will only be given a thumb drive with them on the last day of the cruise.  If you didn’t purchase the package the price is $20.00 each.   Pre-medallion you received both, the actual pictures and for I think $5.00 the thumb drive!  
They’re using facial recognition matching them with your room number. About 25% of my wife’s were missing.  They were able to eventually find them and moved to our package.
Maybe I missed something but feel the price is way to high for what we receive.

I agree the value is very poor.  For that price I would have expected printed photos.  At least some of them.  If it's all digital they need to lower the price.

So to purchase a photo, you have to look on a monitor to pick the photo out you want to purchase whether you have the package or not??

All-Inclusive Photo Package

Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise starting from $249 USD. Purchase pre-cruise and save $50 USD* compared to the onboard price. Watch the All-Inclusive Photo Package video.

Item #5421/#5422/#5425 - $299 Onboard for cruises 7 to 24 days ($249 Pre-Cruise)
Item #5423/#5426 - $399 for cruises 25 to 39 days ($299 Pre-Cruise)
Item #5424 - $549 for cruises 40 days and longer ($399 Pre-Cruise)

*Pre-cruise promotional offer available for a limited time only. Package is not currently offered on voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand or China. View All-Inclusive Photo Package terms & conditions (PDF)

10 minutes ago, shanecindy21403 said:

All-Inclusive Photo Package

Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise starting from $249 USD. Purchase pre-cruise and save $50 USD* compared to the onboard price. Watch the All-Inclusive Photo Package video.

Item #5421/#5422/#5425 - $299 Onboard for cruises 7 to 24 days ($249 Pre-Cruise)
Item #5423/#5426 - $399 for cruises 25 to 39 days ($299 Pre-Cruise)
Item #5424 - $549 for cruises 40 days and longer ($399 Pre-Cruise)

*Pre-cruise promotional offer available for a limited time only. Package is not currently offered on voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand or China. View All-Inclusive Photo Package terms & conditions (PDF)

The 7 day plan is $249 and the OP said that they paid $199.

$50 may be the difference between prints or no prints.

10 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

The 7 day plan is $249 and the OP said that they paid $199.

$50 may be the difference between prints or no prints.

No $199 was the price up til about 3 or 4 months ago. They did a price increase. Thankfully I purchased my package back about 6 months for $199 for my upcoming Sky cruise in Dec.

7 hours ago, Loverofdogs said:

So to purchase a photo, you have to look on a monitor to pick the photo out you want to purchase whether you have the package or not??

Correct 

The price for our cruise in January , on Sky, was $199.00 originally and then it changed to $249.00. Have done the package before and enjoyed getting all the prints and thumb drive. Thumb drive was always included in the price.  Do they have many monitors or do you have to wait in line to go through the pictures?? 

You should double check with photo manager and then go to PS if they don’t provide print.  Definitely not what the new policy says. We’ve had it many times, but not on medallion ship.  I have it scheduled at the pre-Cruise rate of $199, but will cancel if not corrected.  Please see attached policy and what is considered an included event.

Good Luck and please let us know.  Safe Journeys, Paul

5157D8EF-8997-4AF0-9EFD-75AB10B12288.jpeg

D4F990A7-4D8E-4506-8236-ABA02D26B51D.jpeg

Edited by pjrockman
Typo

Would like to know if prints are included or not also, like it states.  I am debating whether to get the photo package or not, for our cruise in January. Have gotten the package before and come home with a lot of pictures. 

Sailing on the Sky Princess very soon.  We're considering the photo package and trying to get an update with regards to how many prints are included in the $249 package.  Anyone out there that can confirm if one or all prints are included in the package?

CT.  We did get our prints and the thumb drive only because we had Pre-purchased.  The prints were only 5 x 7    In my opinion it’s not worth it anymore 

1 hour ago, TNT5197 said:

CT.  We did get our prints and the thumb drive only because we had Pre-purchased.  The prints were only 5 x 7    In my opinion it’s not worth it anymore 

On the Sky?

On 11/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, Loverofdogs said:

Yes.........photo gallery on the Sky.

F328F790-5B27-4E02-9C9D-DACEF1EBA280.jpeg

AAF86FCA-C1BE-4864-B622-92D03BC991F4.jpeg

833C84D5-ABE5-4404-886F-9B7145CEB4E6.jpeg

F6DE0E10-93D0-4B8A-86AD-F9C35321350C.jpeg

596866E3-8425-4102-8177-F9D0399E36AB.jpeg

8287EA8E-DA6F-4FD0-AB28-9E2C28F9670E.jpeg

CT. Yes on the Sky. We were on her 21 days and ended up with 87 pictures paying 199.00.