Sunset Verandah Cabin on Celebrity Edge

sabrefan

Recently reserved a sunset verandah cabin on the new Celebrity Edge, just wondering if any cruise critics out there have experienced this cabin choice and what you thought of it. I realize it is at the rear of the ship, my wife and I don’t have any mobility issues so the extra distance to get to the cabin is not an issue. Right now we are doing a one week cruise in March.

My friend and I board Edge on 12/1...we originally booked a IV and quickly switched to the SV so we have a "true" balcony.  I haven't read any reviews of the room yet but have seen lots of pictures.  I was also in Naples a few months back (travelling on JOTS) and we were docked near Edge.  I couldn't get too close to the ship but was able to see just how great the balcony will be.  We actually appreciate all the walking to/from the cabin...that much more gelato to enjoy!!!

Which deck will you be on?

Susan 

Edited by lola2013

The SV's have been very well-liked on the Edge. There are 4 reviews on the Edge Cabin Info thread at the top of the Celebrity Forum. Here is the link to those reviews (cabin # 8314, 10269, 10273, 11274). I also added a link to a thread from someone who was in an SV - she answers lots of questions about the SV and the Edge in general. I also added a picture of the aft of the ship - you can see that some of the SV's have loungers now and it sounds like you can request them, if they don't. 🙂

This thread has 4 reviews - posts # 14, 53, 96, 98

This is the thread done by someone in a Sunset Veranda

912545044_EdgeAftcabinslabeled.thumb.jpg.820fe26e0db94e9951e0a6d09886e253.jpg

3 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

Our friends had a sunset balcony on the Edge on the Greek Isles cruise and they experienced extreme vibrations anytime the ship reached 19 knots. So did their neighbors.

Interesting - do you know what deck they were on?

Just now, lizinindy said:

Not sure...I’ll see if I can find out. They thought maybe no one else reported it because the Edge doesn’t usually go that fast in the Caribbean.

Thanks! I am keeping track of that kind of thing so would like to add it to my database. 🙂  I almost think I heard about it from a cabin back there (not sure if SV or S1) as a temporary thing (maybe a rough day or night?), but didn't jot it down since it seemed transient.

Thank you!

Hi, in 11270 on our first night there was a vibration which we thought was the cables from the TV against the wall of the cabin. It was annoying. We mentioned it to the cabin steward and he told us to tell us if it happened again. I didn't but looking back we thought it may have been because we were going pretty fast on the first night. (Either that or the cabin steward asked someone to look at it for us and fixed it)

Been back a while now - seems a life time away that we were there :-(

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, in 11270 on our first night there was a vibration which we thought was the cables from the TV against the wall of the cabin. It was annoying. We mentioned it to the cabin steward and he told us to tell us if it happened again. I didn't but looking back we thought it may have been because we were going pretty fast on the first night. (Either that or the cabin steward asked someone to look at it for us and fixed it)

Been back a while now - seems a life time away that we were there 😞

Thanks, Presto! It does seem so far away....🙂

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Will try to find which ones if any can be opened..  ours 7312  has a little door..but seems not to connect..

There are doors on each side and they do connect when doors on both sides are open. I’ve seen them open. I’ll try to find a picture.,🙂