Jump to content

World's Leading Cruise Lines AMEX offer is back


rocklinmom
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That worked for me as well on my Delta Amex Platinum.

 

 

But, it looks like it's for reservations only, does anyone know if you can buy OBC by calling Princess and get this?

It says in the offer conditions that it "must be booked on the respective cruise line's US website only." So I would buy the OBC on your Cruise Personalizer not by phone. I have bought OBC on an existing reservation with this offer before and the rules of the OBC were the same as far as I could tell (refundable if not all spent) although I spent all of mine so don't know for sure. I also wonder if you had any of the OBC refunded down the road if it would somehow mess with this offer and they could take back the $100 statement credit? Not sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Will this work, I'm in the same boat, would use it to buy $500 OBC to get $100 back, but here is what it says on the offer:

 

Offer valid only for reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020

 

And if you can use it to buy OBC, is that OBC refundable if you don't spend it all?

It doesn't have to be a new cruise reservation. I used it today to make a payment on our upcoming cruise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

It says in the offer conditions that it "must be booked on the respective cruise line's US website only." So I would buy the OBC on your Cruise Personalizer not by phone. I have bought OBC on an existing reservation with this offer before and the rules of the OBC were the same as far as I could tell (refundable if not all spent) although I spent all of mine so don't know for sure. I also wonder if you had any of the OBC refunded down the road if it would somehow mess with this offer and they could take back the $100 statement credit? Not sure. 

Thanks.  Trying to decide what to do.  I literally paid for the cruise 15 minutes before I saw this thread, lol, and wanted to see if I could still take advantage of it.  It started today, but if I could purchase OBC and it showed up as a $500 purchase via the Princess site, was wondering if that would work.  We are doing a back to back, so hopefully I could transfer any left to the 2nd week.

 

What I read though said "reservations", and what I would be booking isn't a reservation, so I don't want to do it, if it wouldn't work.  That's my fear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't worry about the "reservation" wording, I used it for a cruise payment today and used it to buy OBC in the past. It should be fine.  Not sure about carrying unused OBC over on a BTB cruise though, that's way beyond my cruising experience 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just spoke to a Princess rep.  I asked if I I purchased OBC (or had OBC on my account) from my first week, if it would carry over to the 2nd week.  He said yes, and linked the bookings together in their system.  I'm now thinking that I can pay for $500 in OBC via the Amex offer and have two weeks to spend it.

 

Anyone else done that?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, peachykiehn said:

Those of you that used the link posted then got the error message log out of your account then log back in or check on the AMEX app under offers. We got the same error message then saw it under offers on our account. 
 

Thanks for posting the link. 

Thanks for the tip.  Offer for wife's card was available using the app. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Will this work, I'm in the same boat, would use it to buy $500 OBC to get $100 back, but here is what it says on the offer:

 

Offer valid only for reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020

 

And if you can use it to buy OBC, is that OBC refundable if you don't spend it all?

Yes, that’s refundable obc.  You purchase in the cruise personalizer.  This worked for me last year when I did it, but with offers ever changing, YMMV.  Since it’s refundable obc, it’s not a loss if it doesn’t work.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny, it was not available to me the last time it was offered (4 different Amex cards) but today I got it on my and my DH's Blue Cash card.  Of course once you add it to one card it disappears from all other cards.

 

I once bought $500 OBC with it (cruise was already paid in full), bought a coffee card with it and a few weeks after that cruise got a check for $465.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, peachykiehn said:

Those of you that used the link posted then got the error message log out of your account then log back in or check on the AMEX app under offers. We got the same error message then saw it under offers on our account. 
 

Thanks for posting the link. 

OK, I now went back in. The Celebrity offer has disappeared, but instead of the offer we all want, there is now an offer for Regents Seven Seas cruises. Not Good! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Heads up - the AMEX cashback offer for World's Leading Cruise Lines is back! I just saw it on my Blue Cash Preferred AMEX account. As usual it includes Princess (others include Holland America and Carnival). Spend $500 and get $100 cash back. I have done this twice already in the past few years and it works great. I use it to either make a cruise payment or buy OBC on an existing booking. You must load the offer onto your card first and then use it on the Princess website. The offer is good until 3/31/20. 

Thank you!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Heads up - the AMEX cashback offer for World's Leading Cruise Lines is back! I just saw it on my Blue Cash Preferred AMEX account. As usual it includes Princess (others include Holland America and Carnival). Spend $500 and get $100 cash back. I have done this twice already in the past few years and it works great. I use it to either make a cruise payment or buy OBC on an existing booking. You must load the offer onto your card first and then use it on the Princess website. The offer is good until 3/31/20. 

I just checked the offer on my account and the offer is only for 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points for $500 spent on new reservations only.  Does Amex give different offers in different states?

From Amex site:

Details

Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. See terms.

Edited by Daniel A
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link. That worked for me. The last time I used a similar offer it was purchasing six FCDs for us. I've already paid in full for my next cruise and don't anticipate spending $500 on it in addition to my OBC, but I'm looking at cruises to take with DH early next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That worked for me as well on my Delta Amex Platinum.

 

 

But, it looks like it's for reservations only, does anyone know if you can buy OBC by calling Princess and get this?

 

In the past it has worked for any payment of the required amount to the cruise line. I usually have used it to apply to the payment for a cruise since I have always used it before final payment time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked the offer on my account and the offer is only for 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points for $500 spent on new reservations only.  Does Amex give different offers in different states?

From Amex site:

Details

Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. See terms.

 

The offer may be different for different AMEX cards, not for different states.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ontheweb said:

OK, I now went back in. The Celebrity offer has disappeared, but instead of the offer we all want, there is now an offer for Regents Seven Seas cruises. Not Good! 

Tried again, and thought it was successful as I did not get the error message, and when I went to rewards the amount available went up from 100 to 126.

 

But, still not there. I now have Celebrity and Regents Seven Seas. And neither does me any good for our upcoming Princess cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

You the real MVP!

 

This offer wasn’t on my platinum card. Back door trick worked perfectly!

 

Andrew 🙂

The offer is on my gold card but only has the additional 10,000 rewards points.  No cash back.  Using the 'back door' just brought up the same offer that doesn't include cash credit.  Anyone else with a gold card experiencing this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...