World's Leading Cruise Lines AMEX offer is back

rocklinmom

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

After trying all the tips and tricks in this thread and in the Celebrity one multiple times, I never was able to get the offer on my card (Delta, so not surprising). However, last night, I was at dinner with my brother and found out that he has an AmEx Blue card. I asked him to check to see if the offer was there. He had never heard of rebate offers like this (I swear, we really are related, I got the penny-pincher and investor genes, he did not, though he does have an economics degree). Anyway, he added the offers and several others he might use, then gave me his card number.

Today, I called our mutual friend and travel agent, and had him make $500 payments on upcoming Princess and Celebrity cruises. I'll write my brother a check for $800 ($1000-$250+$50, to thank him for letting me do this).

While we were talking, Jack (oops, I mentioned a TA) said, "Hey, I also have an offer of $225 off of $750 on Oceania on my AmEx card. How 'bout I charge $750 toward your 2021 Oceania cruise and split the rebate with you?" I was thrilled! Every dollar counts!

@joepeka, can you have your TA just make the charges himself through one of the TA portals? I do not understand why s/he would call for something as simple as making a partial payment, but I'm fairly new to cruising and am used to having my friend/TA spoil us rotten.

Hi, I asked our TA to only make a $500 payment using our DD's Amex card in order to meet the terms of the offer. The TA is an Amex rep agency and uses the portal. So I'm guessing (though you didn't say it explicitly) that there was no question back from Princess to your TA asking for any additional info on the paying card holder?

1 minute ago, joepeka said:

Hi, I asked our TA to only make a $500 payment using our DD's Amex card in order to meet the terms of the offer. The TA is an Amex rep agency and uses the portal. So I'm guessing (though you didn't say it explicitly) that there was no question back from Princess to your TA asking for any additional info on the paying card holder?

He just did it himself, via the portal. He didn't need to speak to anyone. 

I can understand why there might be some concern in a spoken conversation.

I even told Jack that I would not be at all offended if he called my brother, just to be sure, even though we've known each other since high school, and he graduated with my brother in 1987. He joked that he wouldn't be calling my brother, but might call my sister-in-law! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Today, I called our mutual friend and travel agent, and had him make $500 payments on upcoming Princess and Celebrity cruises. I'll write my brother a check for $800 ($1000-$250+$50, to thank him for letting me do this).

Did you get a better offer than the rest of us? Our offer was spend $500, get $100 back. You indicate spend $500 get $125 back.

9 minutes ago, caribill said:

Did you get a better offer than the rest of us? Our offer was spend $500, get $100 back. You indicate spend $500 get $125 back.

One one cruise line, it's $100 back, on the other, it's $150 back, for a total of $250. I think Celebrity is the $150 one. 

3 hours ago, lakeguy said:

I am new to this. To get this offer from American Express should I apply for the Blue Cash Preferred card with the annual fee or will a card with no annual fee also get this offer. Thanks in advance, Lou

The offers seem random to every level card.  Sometimes I get them on my everyday card (no annual fee), and sometimes I don't.  The offers seem to come along about every 6 months or so, but when they do, I grab them.

The offer that is out now I got......but last time, I didn't?????

Edited by Beave8920

3 hours ago, lakeguy said:

I am new to this. To get this offer from American Express should I apply for the Blue Cash Preferred card with the annual fee or will a card with no annual fee also get this offer. Thanks in advance, Lou

I have it now on my free card, but I had to use the url someone posted to get it. In the past I always had it without having to do anything but click on it to add to my card.

6 hours ago, lakeguy said:

I have used it on several free cards, but not all of my free AMEX cards get the offer.

So I added it to my card let it be there for a couple weeks then added a charge to Princess for $500 now offer is missing but there is no pending or credit listed?? I'll call tomorrow if it doesn't post my card is a platinum Delta and I added offer the back door way

Update : When I click savings it says redeemed I saved 100 

Edited by cyndyga

24 minutes ago, cyndyga said:

So I added it to my card let it be there for a couple weeks then added a charge to Princess for $500 now offer is missing but there is no pending or credit listed?? I'll call tomorrow if it doesn't post my card is a platinum Delta and I added offer the back door way

When did you make the $500 payment? You should have received an email from Amex almost immediately stating "congratulations, you've redeemed your offer" or some such verbiage and telling you to watch for the $100 credit, if the charge meets the program terms. When you redeem the offer, it does disappear from your available card offers and it can take 2-3 days for the credit to appear on your account. Again, when did you do the payment?

28 minutes ago, cyndyga said:

I wonder if you have a different back door way than I have tried. I tried the one posted early in this thread, and in the Princess one for my Delta Platinum AmEx multiple times to no avail. I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

29 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I wonder if you have a different back door way than I have tried. I tried the one posted early in this thread, and in the Princess one for my Delta Platinum AmEx multiple times to no avail. I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

When I try the back door link now in the address bar it says group offers unavailable it won't work now for me...

Edited by cyndyga
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, joepeka said:

When did you make the $500 payment? You should have received an email from Amex almost immediately stating "congratulations, you've redeemed your offer" or some such verbiage and telling you to watch for the $100 credit, if the charge meets the program terms. When you redeem the offer, it does disappear from your available card offers and it can take 2-3 days for the credit to appear on your account. Again, when did you do the payment?

Didn't get a email I charged it on the 14th DEC it posted to my card on the 15th ... but under savings now where the offers are listed , added to card and 3rd tab savings it says so I assume it went through!

PRINCESS CRUISES INC

REDEEMED

12/15/2019

You saved $100.00

2 minutes ago, cyndyga said:

Didn't get a email I charged it on the 14th DEC it posted to my card on the 15th ... but under savings now where the offers are listed , added to card and 3rd tab savings it says so I assume it went through!

PRINCESS CRUISES INC

REDEEMED

12/15/2019

You saved $100.00

Hmm.... that is quite different from the many times I've used that Amex-WLCL offer in the past. You should have received an Amex email and it's been almost four business days since the charge appeared on your account. As you mention above, it might be worth a call to Amex since you didn't get email confirmation and the credit still has not appeared on your account.

41 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Hmm.... that is quite different from the many times I've used that Amex-WLCL offer in the past. You should have received an Amex email and it's been almost four business days since the charge appeared on your account. As you mention above, it might be worth a call to Amex since you didn't get email confirmation and the credit still has not appeared on your account.

I did call and they said it would be a statement credit within 90 days of offer ending but hopefully it will appear sooner it looked like it redeemed now I'll wait and see! (And hope for the best!)

Edited by cyndyga

4 minutes ago, cyndyga said:

I did call and they said it would be a statement credit within 90 days of offer ending but hopefully it will appear sooner it looked like it redeemed now I'll wait and see! (And hope for the best!)

Sounds good, hope for the best. That "90 days" statement is just a boiler plate thing that they quote so I would just remain patient and hopefully the credit will show up within the next week or so. Good luck!  :classic_wink:

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 7:30 PM, joepeka said:

Sounds good, hope for the best. That "90 days" statement is just a boiler plate thing that they quote so I would just remain patient and hopefully the credit will show up within the next week or so. Good luck!  :classic_wink:

Showed up today!!! 🙂 Yay

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

For all of you that have "branded" Amex cards - just checked my Macy's card through the "backdoor" & offer was on it.

I'm still striking out, but thanks for posting. Hopefully this will help someone else.

When I try this, it simply takes me to my Gold Card Account.  It doesn't give any message or anything.  Just takes me to my account.  It doesn't show on my available offers.  I had added some offers to my card, too.  So, maybe it should give me more offers by tomorrow?

Anyhow, I heard about the Oceania one too.  Does anybody here know about that one?  Is there a back door for that offer?  I tried putting 'oc' and 'oceaniacruises' there in the place of wlcl, but that didn't work.  I tried!

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

For all of you that have "branded" Amex cards - just checked my Macy's card through the "backdoor" & offer was on it.

i can't log into the backdoor with my macy's amex.  how exactly did you do this?

2 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

When I try this, it simply takes me to my Gold Card Account.  It doesn't give any message or anything.  Just takes me to my account.  It doesn't show on my available offers.  I had added some offers to my card, too.  So, maybe it should give me more offers by tomorrow?

Anyhow, I heard about the Oceania one too.  Does anybody here know about that one?  Is there a back door for that offer?  I tried putting 'oc' and 'oceaniacruises' there in the place of wlcl, but that didn't work.  I tried!

I would love to know also, I'm booking a cruise tomorrow & would love it! I will try to find the way I got in, it was the one posted by Joepeka a few pages ago. Didn't have to offer back then (was on my blue AMEX) but on a whim checked & it was there