Edge behind the scenes tour

Has anyone here done the Inside Access Behind-The-Scenes Ship Tour on Celebrity Edge? There's a fine print bullet that says, "For Celebrity Edge, some segments of this tour may vary." I'm wondering how the tour has varied on this ship as compared to the description and other ship tours.

TY

Rob

I have done it - it is an excellent tour . I was in a group of about 20. IT may vary a bit because of who is available to talk. We went to an MDR, a galley, provisions, recycling/waste, laundry, crew area and a crew bar, control room and the bridge. An officer/manager in each area gave a talk and then we toured the area. The highlight was to see the bridge, meet the captain and have him answer questions and have his picture taken with each of us, if desired.  It was very well done and I plan to do it again on the Apex, even though it will be about the same.

image.thumb.png.106da6d342bc1a6a2722a25f71868c6b.png

image.png.cf2e7b6cfeffe55c5f4dc69eeace99a4.png

image.png.593aa0536f0d9bd2a50d4bc67a333add.png

Edited by vtcruising

We also did this tour and found it excellent. We got lucky and had a small group (10 or 11) because we switched to a new time that they had opened up. 

We also did the paid backstage tour (we had a bunch of non-refundable OBC) and really enjoyed it. Much better than the free theater tour you get on most ships (and on Edge all they do is a Q&A with the cast).

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Mine was at 10:00 AM on a sea day.

VT, thanks for the quick reply. I suspect that is probably a standard time. This is unfortunate for us as we are travelling as part of a group and have events in the morning of both of our sea days... ☹️

24 minutes ago, Pantheral said:

VT, thanks for the quick reply. I suspect that is probably a standard time. This is unfortunate for us as we are travelling as part of a group and have events in the morning of both of our sea days... ☹️

If there is enough interest, maybe they will add another one in the afternoon. You could always ask and see what they say. 🙂

Is it showing up on your cruise planner yet? If so, the time will be there. I just remembered that I booked it ahead of time through Shore Excursions.

Edited by vtcruising
On 11/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, Pantheral said:

VT and other who have taken the tour, is it usually conducted in the morning or the afternoon? 

I found a 9 night cruise on the App for the Edge with 8 Inside Access tours listed at a variety of times (9AM, 10AM, 2PM, 3PM).

29FEE780-33D3-4FE7-96A1-0024620ACAD6.thumb.jpeg.2cc3879d7ad7f9c0e2e0c30dafc87f90.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising
2 minutes ago, Pantheral said:

VT, the tours show in the planner, but only the days they are scheduled, not the times as of yet. From your experience and research it appears the good news is that there might be multiple offerings on those days. Thanks!

Yes, this is from the 9 night cruise to the ABCs right now. It should give some hope that they are now doing them at various times of the day - I imagine they had some feedback. 🙂

We did this on a sea day, 9am but they were doing some afternoon tours as well. Very worthwhile, the engine room is fascinating.

we booked this precuise when they were offering a 20% off sale on excursions. These sales pop up every now and then, maybe on Black Friday next week.

3 minutes ago, mikesam said:

We did this on a sea day, 9am but they were doing some afternoon tours as well. Very worthwhile, the engine room is fascinating.

we booked this precuise when they were offering a 20% off sale on excursions. These sales pop up every now and then, maybe on Black Friday next week.

Good point. I got mine on sale as well. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding this tour....are there many stairs involved?  The fine print mentions this, but if it's not too overwhelming  then my wife may be able to handle it.  We're going to have her utilize a rollator for the first time on a cruise, but if the pace is leisurely and not too much climbing is involved, then she may be able to handle the tour without  needing the rollator.  Thanks.

There are stairs involved at several points.  At the laundry area I was just too pooped to go back up via the stairs..A few of us were able to use an elevator alternative. 

There is quite a bit of walking  involved..sometimes at a brisk pace.  Great tour but by the Bridge part of it, I just sat at the front in a comfy chair....great  view!

48 minutes ago, hcat said:

There are stairs involved at several points.  At the laundry area I was just too pooped to go back up via the stairs..A few of us were able to use an elevator alternative. 

There is quite a bit of walking  involved..sometimes at a brisk pace.  Great tour but by the Bridge part of it, I just sat at the front in a comfy chair....great  view!

Thanks for the update.  Since it's being offered  at 10 am and 2 pm on our two sea days, I'll  try to convince my better half to sleep in while I do one of the 1000 am tours or she could take a siesta while I do a 200 pm tour.  Have nonrefundable OBC to burn. (Definitely  a first world problem).

On 11/18/2019 at 11:28 AM, mikesam said:

How do you find out about these discounts?  Thanks for any hints--this is our first cruise!

DarF just keep checking the price in the cruise planner.

If the current price is acceptable then book it. If in the future, you see a lower price, then cancel and rebook.

You may get an email to say that there is a sale on you may not. There may or may not be a banner at the top of the cruise planner to say there is a sale on.