Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
victory2020

AMEX OFFER till DECEMBER 31, 2019

Recommended Posts

For all of you who have Amex cards - check your benefits - Celebrity is offering $150 back when you spend $500 till the end of the year. You have to add offer to take advantage of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

For all of you who have Amex cards - check your benefits - Celebrity is offering $150 back when you spend $500 till the end of the year. You have to add offer to take advantage of it.

 

i booked already using a visa. 😞

i sail next week.

i wonder if using my Amex as the ships credit card would also work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

 

i booked already using a visa. 😞

i sail next week.

i wonder if using my Amex as the ships credit card would also work?

 

No, it will not. You MIGHT be able to buy $500 of OBC prior to the cruise. That works on some cruise lines but I'm not sure about Celebrity (depends on how the charge posts and if it looks the same as a cruise payment). Worst case you'll get back anything you don't spend when you're on the ship. Just don't use your AMEX card with the offer for your onboard card because if AMEX sees a credit come back, they'll take back the $150.

Edited by MisterBill99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CoconutOne said:

Just checked and it says I get 15,000 bonus point for mine.

 

Yes, cards that get Membership Rewards points will receive that instead of the $150. In theory it's the same value (and possibly more if you have a way to make the MR points worth more than a penny).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, victory2020 said:

For all of you who have Amex cards - check your benefits - Celebrity is offering $150 back when you spend $500 till the end of the year. You have to add offer to take advantage of it.

 

Just wanted to mention that this is actually listed under AMEX Offers, not benefits. Also, if you have an authorized user card (or cards), they can have their own AMEX login and can add the offer to their own card, assuming it's on that card. I was able to load this offer to my card, my wife's and both of my kids who I have AU cards for on my AMEX cards. So I will be able to redeem it 4 times. It's excellent timing since I have final payment due next month on a couple of Celebrity cruises!

 

There was also a new offer today for $100 back on $500 with World's Leading Cruise Lines, which is Holland America, Cunard, Princess, Carnival and Seaborn. I was thinking of booking a HAL cruise for January so that one also will come in handy!

Edited by MisterBill99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

This stinks, I just made final payment on another card yesterday.


Yes. Unfortunate for me too. I recently made a final payment. The timing is usually off but I have been able to use an offer on Princess and Oceania In the past so I guess I can’t really complain. I don’t think I want $500 of OBC. I will have to do the math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

 

Yes, cards that get Membership Rewards points will receive that instead of the $150. In theory it's the same value (and possibly more if you have a way to make the MR points worth more than a penny).

 

My cards get Membership Rewards and my offers for both Celebrity and World's Leading were for cash not points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I read the fine print on my offer it says that it is only valid for cruise reservations and is not valid for OBC or other on board purchases. It also says that the reservation must be made through AMEX travel, celebrity mobile app, or an AMEX approved travel agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

 

Just wanted to mention that this is actually listed under AMEX Offers, not benefits. Also, if you have an authorized user card (or cards), they can have their own AMEX login and can add the offer to their own card, assuming it's on that card. I was able to load this offer to my card, my wife's and both of my kids who I have AU cards for on my AMEX cards. So I will be able to redeem it 4 times. It's excellent timing since I have final payment due next month on a couple of Celebrity cruises!

 

There was also a new offer today for $100 back on $500 with World's Leading Cruise Lines, which is Holland America, Cunard, Princess, Carnival and Seaborn. I was thinking of booking a HAL cruise for January so that one also will come in handy!

Actually on mine I have to click benefits which takes you to offers, which is then pretty obvious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cdresser said:

When I read the fine print on my offer it says that it is only valid for cruise reservations and is not valid for OBC or other on board purchases. It also says that the reservation must be made through AMEX travel, celebrity mobile app, or an AMEX approved travel agent.

I believe an approved travel agent would be any that take Amex. They have a lot of fine print but in the end it works with almost any payment made to the cruise line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who have added the AMEX offer, has anyone tried making a $500 purchase through Celebrity's online Cruise Planner to see whether you receive a confirmation email from AMEX that the offer has been redeemed? 

 

I realize that the fine print says that it's only valid for cruise reservations, but the World's Leading Cruise Lines (WLCL) offer through AMEX, which lists similar restrictions, still works with Princess when purchasing OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Not seeing this on my platinum AmEx.  Did take advantage of it the last time it was offered.

It was not on my platinum or hilton amex but it was on my "everyday amex" (Amex branding name, not mine and I rarely use it LOL). I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I've never used my "everyday" card with Celebrity but I have used the other 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be sure to actually log into your account on the AMEX website.  This offer didn't show up in their mobile app, but did show up when I logged in directly on AMEX via their web site.  I always assumed the website and app offers would be the same.  Wrong.

Edited by mk-ultra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mk-ultra said:

Be sure to actually log into your account on the AMEX website.  This offer didn't show up in their mobile app, but did show up when I logged in directly on AMEX via their web site.  I always assumed the website and app offers would be the same.  Wrong.


The mobile app only shows only 50 of the offers. The website shows 100 offers. 

Edited by Charles4515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cdresser said:

It was not on my platinum or hilton amex but it was on my "everyday amex" (Amex branding name, not mine and I rarely use it LOL). I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I've never used my "everyday" card with Celebrity but I have used the other 2.


I have a couple of AMEX cards including Platinum. It showed up on my Platinum card which is the card I usually use. But if an offer shows up on one of my other AMEX cards and I would rather it be on the Platinum or I hear about an offer not on my cards I add other offers. That refresh’s the list of offers back to 100. That sometimes works immediately to bring up the offer on the card or I try again a week later and the offer comes up. 

Edited by Charles4515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cdresser said:

It was not on my platinum or hilton amex but it was on my "everyday amex" (Amex branding name, not mine and I rarely use it LOL). I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I've never used my "everyday" card with Celebrity but I have used the other 2.

I don't have an everyday AmEx, whatever that might be.  Just the platinum (which is my everyday go to card) and Hilton ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:


The mobile app only shows only 50 of the offers. The website shows 100 offers. 

 

Holy smokes.  How did I not know this?  Thanks for the tip.  I found a few hundred ($605) back for things I'd spend (planned) money on in the future.  There were a couple of hotel and car rental ones I'd never seen on the mobile app.  I'd normally put them on another card with travel rewards, but there are some AMEX ones with a 20% money back.

Edited by mk-ultra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mk-ultra said:

 

Holy smokes.  How did I not know this?  Thanks for the tip.  I found a few hundred ($605) back for things I'd spend (planned) money on in the future.  There were a couple of hotel and car rental ones I'd never seen on the mobile app.  I'd normally put them on another card with travel rewards, but there are some AMEX ones with a 20% money back.

 

It really pays to login at least weekly and load all of the offers. There's no harm in loading offers you're not going to use and it makes it easier to find new ones

Edited by MisterBill99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RealBatman said:

Might not apply to Canadian AMEX cards. Don't see it on my Gold card at least.

 

Do you usually get these sorts of offers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...