AMEX OFFER till DECEMBER 31, 2019

victory2020

Went to my Amex website after getting offer and chatted with a “real” bot. He said had to be booked with Celebrity  direct, I said it says or a Travel Professional. He said you call Celebrity number to talk to  the Professional. I said goodbye Amex and booked with another card.

Edited by wwwfla
Detail

20 minutes ago, wwwfla said:

Went to my Amex website after getting offer and chatted with a “real” bot. He said had to be booked with Celebrity  direct, I said it says or a Travel Professional. He said you call Celebrity number to talk to  the Professional. I said goodbye Amex and booked with another card.

You don’t have to call the Celebrity number.  Your travel professional runs your card through Celebrity like they always do when payments are made on  any Celebrity booking made by a travel agent and you get the credit. 

• Like 2

I just used it last week to book a cruise. Paid the deposit of 900 and 2 days later, I booked on a Friday, got the 150 credit to my account.  Quick easy.  I booked thru a ta.  Very happy with everything.  Got a great group rate and a 150 refund on top of it.  

Edited by bikerunner

18 hours ago, wwwfla said:

It's really not that complicated!  But I guess you were willing to lose out on an easy $150.

9 hours ago, sippican said:

It's really not that complicated!  But I guess you were willing to lose out on an easy $150.

Well, when I booked with the TA they said no they have had problems with that Amex offer recently and before, so that convinced me. Besides, Amex chatter online also said it had to be direct. I went with 4% reward on other card which was comparable.

16 hours ago, wwwfla said:

Well, when I booked with the TA they said no they have had problems with that Amex offer recently and before, so that convinced me. Besides, Amex chatter online also said it had to be direct. I went with 4% reward on other card which was comparable.

Error...3% Citi card.

1 hour ago, wwwfla said:

Error...3% Citi card.

Not sure all Amex cards are the same but, for on mine, it would only be a 2% difference as my Amex card gives me 1% in addition to the statement credit.  I may pay the balance with my Citi Card to get that 3% back but, the statement credit of $150 for $500 is actually 30% ... so will make that 31% for my cash back for acceptance of the offer and that portion of the amount owed.  My Citi also only gives me 3%.  

I happened to book my future cruise with Celebrity so, didn't make a difference for me but have used this offer for Princess cruises as well and that went through a travel agent....no problem in getting my statement credit for that booking as well.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

We have 2 cards with Amex. Amex Platinum plus an Amex Gold card which is an authorized user card under the Amex Plat (hopefully that makes sense). BOTH cards even though they link to the same account, were targeted for the offer. Final payment for us is not until later next month but we called our TA and made 2 separate payments of $500. Both went through and we received two statement credits for $150, so a total of $300 back. The rest of the payment, when payment is due, will go on our Chase Reserve which is 3x pts on travel.

30 minutes ago, LSKC said:

Anyone have luck with an AMEX gold CANADIAN card?

I no longer have those offers available to me (as I've used them and they disappear from sight) but the one time I told a cruising friend up in Canada about this offer, she said it was only applicable to US citizens or within the US or something like that.  Not sure the wording, but don't believe it would be applicable for a Canadian credit card as she wasn't able to take advantage of it.  She is just right over the border in Vancouver.  

We have not received the offer either.  Our card is a US gold card which used to be mailed to our US post box.  About a year ago they insisted on mailing it to our Cdn address.  I wonder if that is why we did not receive the celebrity offer.  We did receive the Princess one.  Will call them and see what's up.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:50 AM, 1620rock said:

I just called and purchased $500 OBC with Celebrity  for our January cruise and got the email confirming the offer from AMEX  "Great news you have just used your AMEX offer" right before the Celebrity email confirming the purchase.  The Celebrity agent did mention that the OBC won't show in my Cruise Planner or be available for use until boarding but that is okay. We will use it for gratuities and other onboard purchases.

So you already had a reservation that is fully paid. You just call and say you want to purchase $500 in obc for an existing reservation

10 hours ago, jameslee said:

So you already had a reservation that is fully paid. You just call and say you want to purchase $500 in obc for an existing reservation

Exactly I purchased $500 OBC for my January cruise and I have already received the $150 credit on my Amex. I used my promo OBC to upgrade drink package and for shore excursions so  I will use the  purchased OBC for gratuities and other extra expenses onboard. We usually purchase some duty-free and a speciality dinner or spa treatment so if you usually have onboard expenses it is a good deal.

Wow today is last day to purchase obc for the amex offer. I did it over the phone for $500 and it worked I called again but they are close. Anyway to do it online/ I was told if you do it online it does not get processed immediately