Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
victory2020

AMEX OFFER till DECEMBER 31, 2019

Recommended Posts

BTW I don't see anywhere to post this, but I just got a new AMEX offer to Uniworld river cruises, spend $1000 get $300 back. There doesn't seem to be a Uniworld board here so I could figure out where to post it but if you're thinking of doing a river cruise, that's an option. There is also a spend $500 get $100 back offer for HAL and other Carnival-owned brands (including Cunard and Seabourn). Details are in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to set up an on-line account for my Amex card and, wouldn't you know it, their system was down, so I can't. I called to see if the offer is available on my travel card and they couldn't see one, but said they can't see everything available, so I should check my on-line account, once I can create one. They tried to tell me the offer should show on Celebrity's website but I don't think that's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Firepath said:

I tried to set up an on-line account for my Amex card and, wouldn't you know it, their system was down, so I can't. I called to see if the offer is available on my travel card and they couldn't see one, but said they can't see everything available, so I should check my on-line account, once I can create one. They tried to tell me the offer should show on Celebrity's website but I don't think that's the case.

 

No, it definitely will not show on the Celebrity site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Here is my offer from  AMEX    Platinum  OPEN

   Spend on celebrity cruises $500  And receive 15.000 Points  It dos not say any thing about new reservations   I used my with celebrity shore excursions......No problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

 Here is my offer from  AMEX    Platinum  OPEN

   Spend on celebrity cruises $500  And receive 15.000 Points  It dos not say any thing about new reservations   I used my with celebrity shore excursions......No problem

 

Not that I expect it was a problem, can you confirm that you got the credit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to add the offer to both cards.  Made a $500 payment yesterday and got the email about the $150 statement credit.  The charge is still pending so I don't expect to see the credit until it posts.  I'll let you know if and when I get it. After it does I'll make a payment on my card.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 4:06 PM, MisterBill99 said:

 

These offers never actually require a new reservation (despite the fine print). And it's almost unheard of to get the email and not subsequently get the credit for ANY Amex offer. Also, there is nothing in the information sent to AMEX that says it is a new reservation. All they care about is that the charge came in from the correct merchant, i.e., Celebrity Cruises.

It was actually a new booking anyway.  We booked on Thursday and the $150 credit showed up on my Amex on Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being the skeptic that I am, I am still awaiting confirmation from someone who has actually received the  $150 credit, not just the confirmation e-mail, on a booking or payment that was NOT a new reservation.

 

Thanks!

Edited by sippican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sippican said:

Being the skeptic that I am, I am still awaiting confirmation from someone who has actually received the  $150 credit, not just the confirmation e-mail, on a booking or payment that was NOT a new reservation.

 

Thanks!

Still waiting.  I made a payment on an existing reservation on Sunday and the charge is still pending today.  Will update as soon as I see the $150 credit.  I will say I've used other offers, including a Celebrity offer, with no problems getting the credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Still waiting.  I made a payment on an existing reservation on Sunday and the charge is still pending today.  Will update as soon as I see the $150 credit.  I will say I've used other offers, including a Celebrity offer, with no problems getting the credit.

 

It generally takes a couple of days to post, especially if the charge is on the weekend. Then generally within a day after it posts the offer will disappear from your list and the credit will show up the following day.

 

But since you got the email, you are virtually guaranteed to get the credit. I cannot remember ever hearing of someone NOT getting the credit in that case (unless, of course, the charge never posts).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sippican said:

Being the skeptic that I am, I am still awaiting confirmation from someone who has actually received the  $150 credit, not just the confirmation e-mail, on a booking or payment that was NOT a new reservation.

 

Thanks!

 

While I admire your tenacity, actually looking for proof that it works on something other than a new reservation is ridiculous. I can see being concerned about using it for something other than a reservation payment like OBC. But a cruise payment is a cruise payment, so long as it posts from Celebrity Cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

 

While I admire your tenacity, actually looking for proof that it works on something other than a new reservation is ridiculous. I can see being concerned about using it for something other than a reservation payment like OBC. But a cruise payment is a cruise payment, so long as it posts from Celebrity Cruises.

 

Well thanks for your opinion on my “ridiculous”  request! It is very helpful!  Can’t help but wonder about post #130!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sippican said:

 

Well thanks for your opinion on my “ridiculous”  request! It is very helpful!  Can’t help but wonder about post #130!

 

#130 referred to using it on an excursion thus I wanted to see definitive confirmation of getting the credit for people who might be concerned about that alternate use.  I would never question new vs. existing reservation cruise payment use (and especially not when the email was received after the charge was made).

Edited by MisterBill99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 9:26 AM, sippican said:

 

Re: "if your purchase meets the offer terms"

Did the credit post?

 

Yep.  Both the Celebrity $150 credit and the WLCL (Carnival) $100 credits have posted.

 

Screenshot_2019-11-25_at_18_54_40.png

Edited by mk-ultra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

 

Yep.  Both the Celebrity $150 credit and the WLCL (Carnival) $100 credits have posted.

 

Screenshot_2019-11-25_at_18_54_40.png

 

Side note: this is why I never pay off a cruise until the drop-dead date.  If you've paid it off, you'll miss pop-up offers like these.  A free $250 for not paying these off early?  Yes, please.

Edited by mk-ultra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used these offers three times on Carnival or WLCL cruises.  Not always on initial booking.  The credit usually shows up pretty fast.  I have used it multiple times on the same cruise if I book far enough out.  Right now I have three offers on my green card, all for points.  WLCL on my Optima Platinum card.  EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, Firepath said:

I tried to set up an on-line account for my Amex card and, wouldn't you know it, their system was down, so I can't.

 

So did you ever get set up and find the offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sippican said:

Being the skeptic that I am, I am still awaiting confirmation from someone who has actually received the  $150 credit, not just the confirmation e-mail, on a booking or payment that was NOT a new reservation.

 

Thanks!

Consider it confirmed. I made a $500 payment on Sunday on an existing reservation. Even though the payment is pending the $150 credit is shown on my account as being accepted/used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Consider it confirmed. I made a $500 payment on Sunday on an existing reservation. Even though the payment is pending the $150 credit is shown on my account as being accepted/used.

 

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes poster. #130. Got   15 000  points the AMEX Platinum Open

  The offer was giving only in points   And he use the $500  to buy  celebrity excursions.

for next moth cruse.  Again .... no problem  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked the 2 day cruise on Equinox and almost immediately had the email confirmation from AMEX that I had used my offer.  Would maybe have preferred the rebate, but I am collecting points because when I transfer them to my Hhonors AMEX card, they double.  Paying for two nights in London next year with the points.  Only a 2 day, but it is paired with an 8 day on Carnival Magic leaving the day the Equinox ends, so a S2S (rather than B2B).  EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I just booked the 2 day cruise on Equinox and almost immediately had the email confirmation from AMEX that I had used my offer.  Would maybe have preferred the rebate, but I am collecting points because when I transfer them to my Hhonors AMEX card, they double.  

 

Well, how much are Hilton points worth to you? If more than a half cent, then you were better off with the MR points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchased a drink package, excursion, and dining upgrade online and received my email from AMEX instantly of the 150 savings for a pre-booked cruise sailing on Dec 26 moments ago. What a deal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called X today and purchased $500 in OBC. Got the email from Amex almost instantaneously. Too easy. Looking forward to spreading a little extra cheer to crew members on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up our $150 back offer..(AMEX Blue) I can't think of a better way to come back to Celebrity for our holiday cruise for 2020..

Joseph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...