Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
wesport

Amex spend 500 get 100 is back

Recommended Posts

Just checked my Amex everyday card. This offer appeared this am.  Will be making a deposit on my future cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up @wesport!!

Fine print:

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. Terms and exclusions apply.

 

Joseph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely targeted.  I haven’t seen it on my Delta co-branded card in well over a year.  Possibly two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Definitely targeted.  I haven’t seen it on my Delta co-branded card in well over a year.  Possibly two. 

Not on either of my 2 Am Ex cards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Green card just got one for Celebrity:  Spend $500 get 15,000 bonus points.  And Regent Seven Seas, spend $1000 get 30,000 points.  Got the World's Leading Cruise Lines offer on my Optima Platinum card.EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

My Green card just got one for Celebrity:  Spend $500 get 15,000 bonus points.  

My offer says spend $500 get $150 back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Definitely targeted.  I haven’t seen it on my Delta co-branded card in well over a year.  Possibly two. 

Same card and same results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked and the offer showed up this morning on my Amex Gold card. It was not there yesterday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Wesport! Showed up today on both the business and personal Amex plat cards. Business card was spend 500 get 10,000 points. Personal was spend 500 get 100. Of course I made final payment yesterday 🙂 but will be able utilize for on board charges etc. Whoo hoo!      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a link we can click to get the offer.  I did not see the Princess offer,  but clicked a special link and it showed up.  The link was legit as it went to the american express site.  I do not see the HAL offer but I suspect that there is a similiar way to get it.

 

I have heard of Princess, Celebrity, and HAL being offered.

Edited by NMTraveller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the fine print for my offer (World Leading Cruise Lines Spend $500 Get $100). (emphasis is mine)

Offer valid only for reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020 with (1) Carnival Cruise Line at Carnival.com or phone 1-800-764-7419, (2) Holland America Line at Hollandamerica.com or phone 1-877-932-4259, (3) Princess Cruises at Princess.com or phone 1-800-774-6237, (4) Seabourn at Seabourn.com or phone 1-866-755-5619, or (5) Cunard at Cunard.com or phone 1-800-728-6273. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Must be booked on the respective cruise line’s US website only. ..... your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant.

 

I would have used my card to make an extra payment before final balance is due but I made my reservation with an agency and several months ago.  Darn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know about this iteration but the past few iterations the promo was honored when purchasing OBC directly from within in your booking (on the HAL site.)  If you think you’ll be spending at least $500 on board then it’s worth the experiment.

Edited by *Miss G*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

This link put the discount on my account.

 

http://americanexpress.com/wlcl

 

It may show up as Princess but it is Carnival, Princess, HAL, etc.

 

Fantastic!  That link worked for me as well.  I need to start logging in via a browser instead of the app as the app hasn’t had that offer on the Delta card the last few promos.  Thank you!

 

Edited to add:  Now that I think about it, I did try that during the last offer but it never showed up.  No matter.  I’ve got it now!

Edited by *Miss G*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used it for up coming cruises and made a 500 dollar payment, and it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just used the link and it worked as well.  I bought $500 in OBC for my Dec cruise and got the following reply:

 

"Thank you for using your American Express® Card ending in 31002 at HOLLAND AMERICA LINE. If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer."

 

I figured I would give this a try, as nothing to lose (I would get the unused OBC back like last time) and I will be spending most o the money anyway.  If it works, I made $100!  Thanks to the poster who provided the link.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Just used the link and it worked as well.  I bought $500 in OBC for my Dec cruise and got the following reply:

 

"Thank you for using your American Express® Card ending in 31002 at HOLLAND AMERICA LINE. If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer."

 

I figured I would give this a try, as nothing to lose (I would get the unused OBC back like last time) and I will be spending most o the money anyway.  If it works, I made $100!  Thanks to the poster who provided the link.

 

Did you book after Nov. 15th or are you talking about Dec 2020 cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, doublebzz said:

Did you book after Nov. 15th or are you talking about Dec 2020 cruise?

I just did the offer today - Nov 16.  I booked the cruise months ago.

 

I used my Am Ex to buy $500 in onboard credits for my Dec cruise.  As I mentioned, I figured that it might not work (it did last year) but even if it doesn't, I am no worse off.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I just did the offer today - Nov 16.  I booked the cruise months ago.

 

I used my Am Ex to buy $500 in onboard credits for my Dec cruise.  As I mentioned, I figured that it might not work (it did last year) but even if it doesn't, I am no worse off.

 

 

 

 

Even though you don't meet the stated qualifications,  you are saying worse case senario is that AMEX will credit the $500 back to your account?  I only ask because I have a Jan cruise forthcoming.  Also, can the OBC be used in the casino?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, doublebzz said:

Even though you don't meet the stated qualifications,  you are saying worse case senario is that AMEX will credit the $500 back to your account?  I only ask because I have a Jan cruise forthcoming.  Also, can the OBC be used in the casino?

You can use the purchased OBC in the casino (not the OBC that HAL gives you).  Any OBC that you have left over from the $500 OBC you charged to the Am Ex card is credited TO THE CARD YOU HAVE ON FILE WITH HAL (not necessarily the Am Ex one).  If it went back to your Am Ex, it could negate the offer.

 

Edited by DaveOKC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...