Cruise Critic Community
captdave

Blocking Someone like Facebook???

Has Cruise Critic adding blocking like Facebook yet?  Yes or No Question.

I haven't been on in a while.

Made Elite last year, always travel Aqua 1.

CaptDave

Yes, this feature has been available for some time, even in the old program.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Let us know if you can't find it.  Should be under Account, Ignore Users.

The ability to block certain posters on cruise critic is unrelated to your Celebrity loyalty status or the type of room you choose to book

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Let us know if you can't find it.  Should be under Account, Ignore Users.

Ignore is worthless, they're still there.  I want blocking like Facebook.

You're saying just ignore feature like before?

Thanks

CaptDave

24 minutes ago, captdave said:

Ignore is worthless, they're still there.  I want blocking like Facebook.

You're saying just ignore feature like before?

Thanks

CaptDave

What do you mean... they are still there?  How does Facebook work?

I sometimes use Ignore User for people who have annoying animated profile pictures.

32 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

The ability to block certain posters on cruise critic is unrelated to your Celebrity loyalty status or the type of room you choose to book

LOL

@captdave what you’re asking wouldn’t work here, the two are entirely different platforms with Facebook relying on building connections and with posts visible to everyone unless you change settings for visibility to only those you’re connected to, i.e. friends, friends of friends or public. Blocking someone on Facebook prevents them accessing your timeline posts and contacting you. In essence, you choose who can and can’t see your posts.

The platform here on CC is different because it serves a different purpose. Facebook is not a forum like CC is. Here the posts are always public, and to reply you must become a member, but not required to view the many threads covering so many topics. If you don’t want to see someone’s posts you can ignore them, and any posts they make on threads will not be visible to you (unless someone quotes them). The ignore feature prevents you from otherwise seeing someone’s posts, but you cannot block, and thereby prevent, someone from posting. You can not prevent them from seeing or replying to your posts.

I hope I’ve explained that clearly. 👍

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

What do you mean... they are still there?  How does Facebook work?

I sometimes use Ignore User for people who have annoying animated profile pictures.

Zitsky,

Thank you for mentioning the above - excellent idea! Some of those animated profiles drive me bonkers, always covering them up with my hand!

2 minutes ago, frakkles said:

Zitsky,

Thank you for mentioning the above - excellent idea! Some of those animated profiles drive me bonkers, always covering them up with my hand!

I don't know why CC allows those things.

I learn something new everyday.  I did not know we had the ability to do this; however, I've never needed to do it here.  Now on Facebook.......

I have 6 folks on my IGNORE list-- from folks that post nastiness to others, to folks who post inane threads 

however-- I can see a thread from one of them and don't know why I am seeing it--as all of the boxes are checked to block/ignore them in all respects/threads/posts/quotes etc

It is possible the IGNORE feature has some problems 

?

33 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I have 6 folks on my IGNORE list-- from folks that post nastiness to others, to folks who post inane threads 

however-- I can see a thread from one of them and don't know why I am seeing it--as all of the boxes are checked to block/ignore them in all respects/threads/posts/quotes etc

?

You probably don't want to mention the specific thread, or who is on your ignore list.  I'd contact one of the moderators.  Maybe they can help.  I've never seen this happen, that I can recall, anyway.

5 hours ago, Fogfog said:

?

If you were following a thread started by the user before being placed on your ignore list, you may have to unfollow the thread.