EDGE SUNSET VERANDA REVIEW....11/15/19, ABC ISLANDS

hcat

Thank you so much for your review! So glad you enjoyed The West Deck - it is one of our favourites. I think there was more cheering during the show in Eden because a lot of performers were having their final show and the new cast were starting. We went a lot during our B2B in July and the casts were changing - we got to know them and actually found it nice how they were supporting each other but I can see how it could be annoying.

Wendy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hcat said:

EDGE ART TOUR WAS AMAZING....Will do a short  review in a sep thread son as I can...Kudos to X for  putting this together!

Glad you enjoyed the Art Tour - can't wait to hear about it. Sounds like a great cruise! Is the DH also enjoying it?

I hope you will comment on your comment card about the addition of people in the Eden seats and moving others who have good seats further away. It's one thing to save seats ahead of time for VIPs, but to move people away from their good seats is not cool, IMO. I think I would have felt embarrassed to be in that group.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mafig said:

I haven't kept up with Edge until lately.  

Is this show free?  Do you have to make reservations?

BTW:  Thank you for all the information you are providing.  I'm really leaning to having Edge be my next cruise.

EDEN show is free...EDEN dinner is upcharge..but not required to see the show. Better view on the level up from the dinner.  You will love EDGE!

19 hours ago, Oville said:

Hcat, thanks for the lunch tip in Bonaire, we’ll be trying it out in March. 

Very much enjoying following you on your journey, continue to to have fun.

Thanks..We had lunch at the Rooftop Grill today.. a bit breezy but only one  empty coke can blew off the table. Our salads were intact.    We shared a Caesar salad.. with added anchovy.  Sal had the really  big burger and I had the Catfish..Food was excellent but  kitchen was very slow ( despite a chef and 3 sous chefs) ..so they only charged us for one lunch ($25)  That semed fair to me, esp  as we were sitting out in the hot sun!   We are glad we went however....such an enchanting area...but very sunny!

Lunch fees yesterday ( sea day) were $45 pp for Fine Cut...Raw on 5 was a la carte but had a 20 minute wait...so we went to Cosmo..worked out okay!

Started today with a great swim and exercising in the Solarium pool and a nice soak in the hot tub.....very peaceful, spa type music...very clean. They actually take apart the shower floors as part of the cleaning process.

Nice view of the Magic Carpet.

20191123_063754.jpg

20191123_075554.jpg

20191123_064459.jpg

20191123_070014.jpg

• Like 1

We ordered our 12 photo package..prints and digital.  All 8 x 10....we thought it was worth the price  ($200+ 50)  and we got 20% E + discount. Added an album to hold the pics and it has a nice EDGE pic for the cover. All downloaded easily and we pick up the prints at dinner time.

We attended Cap Costas' lecture on navigation..  We are big fans and he was our Cap on EDGE last Jan...and maybe way back on Mercury!  He is a gifted speaker,  very intelligent and explains  complicated things so  we can follow. We learned so much intetesting information.  And he also has a great sense of humor.  It was a  high spot (among others) of our cruise.  We are in very good hands with Cap Costas and his staff..

3rd pic is EDGE/Titanic size comparison.

20191123_111038.jpg

20191123_111807.jpg

20191123_112745.jpg

Last night 's show was so much fun.  A Beatles tribute band...included some old tv clips..Ed Sullivan, concerts etc.  The voices may not be perfect but it carried us back to the 60's...

I Wanna Hold Your Hand, She Loves you and so many others!

They received a standing  ovation...

It was interesting that some of the "older  than us " guests left early.  A few days ago we left a show of  early 50s rock legends  music ( Elvis..etc) ..mostly because  of the volume of the guitar music....too hard on the ears. We also left Ashley Amber...too much  blinking,  flashing  bright stobes...hard on the eyes.  We thought she did not really have a voice like the amazing Whitney Houston...and her act  not our style.

As with all art...tastes vary!

Edited by hcat

I need to charge my tablet.

I have checked out a few things about posting the art tour photos I took,  and seems no issues with copyright, etc so I will work on that as a sep thread...maybe after we disembark..  

I could not measure the balc and had no luck finding out about  unlocking SV  balc dividers.  Ours in the middle has a door  to the cabin next door and no unlocking mechanism in the other side middle....

Ship  doing 18 to 19 knts and as per dh did go over 20 the night we  were headed to Curacao from Gr Cayman...  have not had any motion issues.....just the looong walk!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Glad you enjoyed the Art Tour - can't wait to hear about it. Sounds like a great cruise! Is the DH also enjoying it?

I hope you will comment on your comment card about the addition of people in the Eden seats and moving others who have good seats further away. It's one thing to save seats ahead of time for VIPs, but to move people away from their good seats is not cool, IMO. I think I would have felt embarrassed to be in that group.

Sal is enjoying....esp the cigar area, He.had his Cuban yesterday...but we both have eaten way too much food...all excellent.  Too many drinks for me..even a mudslide! ( blood sugar is def up!) 

I arrived towards the end of the seat shifting caper...doubt it would have happened that way had I been there.. I am not a shrinking violet.  The accomodated woman seemed to exude an air of entitlement...we all know that type!  But the staff member was wrong IMHO...

Bye for now..Hcat

20191118_085847.jpg

20191118_104440.jpg

20191119_195352.jpg

• Like 1

It was fun to follow your journey and see the Edge through your eyes. Nice job with your beautiful pictures and observations! Will look forward to the Art Tour thread and other info you share.

Happy that Sal enjoyed the cruise too - my DH probably likes the S Class better, but doesn't dare tell me. 😉 He did love doing laps in the pool on the Edge, the music, especially in Eden and The Club, Magic Carpet Bar at night, Grand Plaza in the early evening, Le Grand Bistro for lunch, Fine Cut Steakhouse for dinner. I think he appreciated the uniqueness of it all and got a kick out of my excitement.🙂

Hope you have a wonderful last night onboard. I would bet that Bo is excited to get onboard tomorrow. I think he is the last of the Edgie virgins. 😉

• Like 1

Hi hcat, the app for my January Edge cruise list prime rib as an option in Find Cuts.  Did you notice if it is available.  We’re on the fence about keeping our reservation but prime rib might just sway us to stay.

Thanks for all the entertainment tips, we’ll be sure to check them out.

Enjoy your last evening on Edge.  If you are coming west tomorrow the weather has been superb.  Katie

Edited by Oville

On 11/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, RosieRoo said:

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Could you please answer a question about the SV cabins?  In looking at a picture of the aft it appears the center SVs are larger on the lower decks and get smaller as you go upwards. Is that the case?  

I think by looking at this picture, you can see that the center two cabins on deck 7 and 8 have larger balconies because of the firewalls that are splayed out at the bottom. Deck 9's center two appear to be a bit larger. The cabins on either side of the two center cabins on 7 & 8 are smaller than others. The others are all probably in between and about the same size.

By looking at the furniture spacing and the amount of white wall beside the sliders, you can see the difference in the width of the balconies. hcat is in one of the best cabins, IMO - I have it booked on the Apex. 🙂

image.thumb.png.5d280c6ba648624907f30710b63710f0.png

Edited by vtcruising

My minutes are ending but wanted to show the 2 middle cabins on deck 7..we are in 7312...possible they can unhinge the divider,  door to the one to my keft is locked but there is a hinge to the other middle..

20191123_150955.jpg

20191123_150938.jpg

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

My minutes are ending but wanted to show the 2 middle cabins on deck 7..we are in 7312...possible they can unhinge the divider,  door to the one to my keft is locked but there is a hinge to the other middle..

20191123_150955.jpg

20191123_150938.jpg

Yes, exactly! This is how your cabin would open to both cabins (attendant has to open with special key/tool). One wall has a firewall (door) and the other side has a panel that folds back.

2061655983_svconnectingdoorsmarkedxxx.jpg.918104c6680e77848eed26be31be7221.jpg

What it looks like with panel folded back:

1092139993_aftsvconnect2marked.jpg.5ab134280410439ef907ea8a20024e82.jpg

1773576357_aftSVconnect.jpg.13406326aaa1d7c2e2a0933503fbcc54.jpg

Edited by vtcruising

Another  fabulous show tonight..Colors of Life...amazing acrobatics, dancing and

singing, EDGE has upped its entertainment quite a bit since January ,

Thanks for reading...will check in from Venice..no time limits there!

ANOTHER GREAT CRUISE ON EDGE!

20191123_200259.jpg

20191123_201613.jpg

20191123_195538.jpg

• Like 1