Amex offer 11/16/19 — 3/31/20

ZoeyVictoria

The offer I had is the spend $500 get 10,000 points. That offer is now restricted to 1 per membership rewards account. Just off the phone with them again. Unfortunately they cannot or won’t email me the terms and conditions so if someone else has them please post. 

So I called my PVP to pay $500 for advance payment of gratuities and asked if she could apply it to our three cabins and charge my A/E one time for $500.  She said she would have to do some finagling, but she would take care of it.

This was on my credit card afterwards:

Recent Transactions 

(Since Nov 11. Closing Dec 11)

Nov 23

Pending

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR $108.28

Nov 23

Pending

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR $195.86

Nov 23

Pending

and this is the email I got shortly afterwards:

Thank you for using your American Express® Card ending in XXXXX  at CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR. If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer. 

I was surprised I didn't have to call A/E to get it cleared up, but it looks like they recognized it.  Now I just have to wait and see if the $100 posts.  I was surprised that my PVP couldn't do what she thought she could.

• I was able to use the back door method and get the spend $500 get $100 offer on my delta AMEX.     americanexpress.com/wlcl   I have been holding out for over a month watching for this, we leave in two weeks so I am very happy.   Also have the spend $500 get 10,000 points on my husbands card, so very excited.   Hope everyone enjoys there upcoming trips!
  •  
On 11/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, Elaine5715 said:

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 9:30 AM, diesteldorf said:

Just an FYI.  There are actually 2 separate offers available if you are lucky and have multiple Amex cards.

One is $100 off of a $500 booking and the other is Get 10,000 Amex points for a $500+ booking.  They are independent and you can qualify for both if you use more than one card.

We have an AMEX Everyday card we never use that has the 10k points offer, and an AMEX Bonvoy Brilliant card with the $100 rebate. Just used both to pay off our cruise and got confirmation emails from both regarding the rewards! 

5 hours ago, wbmom1 said:
  • I was able to use the back door method and get the spend $500 get $100 offer on my delta AMEX.     americanexpress.com/wlcl   I have been holding out for over a month watching for this, we leave in two weeks so I am very happy.   Also have the spend $500 get 10,000 points on my husbands card, so very excited.   Hope everyone enjoys there upcoming trips!
  •  

I didn’t have the offer on my A/E delta rewards card.  I used the back donor method and now it appears!  Thanks!!

2 hours ago, cmptrwiz said:

I didn’t have the offer on my A/E delta rewards card.  I used the back donor method and now it appears!  Thanks!!

thanks for the back-door approach!  Used on my Delta Amex business card- put $500 on my May Princess Panama Canal cruise, got the $100 credit, my son & business partner used his card to pay the gratuities on our January Panorama family cruise, got the $100 credit!  Both were credited within 2 days.  We got the same "if meets terms", but both worked so not sure about what the terms were.  $200 Saved!  Tomorrow buying the stock for the $250 per cruise OBC!  $700 saved, almost enough for another cruise!  

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 6:22 PM, cmptrwiz said:

So I called my PVP to pay $500 for advance payment of gratuities and asked if she could apply it to our three cabins and charge my A/E one time for $500.  She said she would have to do some finagling, but she would take care of it.

This was on my credit card afterwards:

Recent Transactions 

(Since Nov 11. Closing Dec 11)

Nov 23

Pending

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR $108.28

Nov 23

Pending

Nov 23

Pending

and this is the email I got shortly afterwards:

Thank you for using your American Express® Card ending in XXXXX  at CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR. If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer. 

I was surprised I didn't have to call A/E to get it cleared up, but it looks like they recognized it.  Now I just have to wait and see if the $100 posts.  I was surprised that my PVP couldn't do what she thought she could.

Well the $100 posted to my account yesterday.  Now to get it on my Delta Rewards A/E

Did anyone else also use the “Spend $500 or more, get $10 back.  Up to 3X” offer?  I don’t know why I even added that to my card because I had no intention of spending $500, but I was surprised to see that one Carnival purchase triggered both bonuses.  

• 3 weeks later...

i was able to use the offer twice on my Amex Blue, one on my card and one on my wife's.  had to add them through the backdoor link.  i was never able to get it to show up on my Amex business card 

My wife and I have two separate card numbers linked to the same account (I am the account owner)

i added the offer to my card, but charged the $500 to hers - we did not get the credit 

Has anyone else had this happen?

49 minutes ago, Bowman1 said:

My wife and I have two separate card numbers linked to the same account (I am the account owner)

i added the offer to my card, but charged the $500 to hers - we did not get the credit 

You have to use the card in which the offer is added to.

7 hours ago, Bowman1 said:

If you want to use the offer on both cards each card has to have separate on line access accounts and like Xdisconnections said you have to first load the offer to the card you are going to make the charge on and then make the charge on that card.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

51 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If you want to use the offer on both cards each card has to have separate on line access accounts and like Xdisconnections said you have to first load the offer to the card you are going to make the charge on and then make the charge on that card.

Thank you - I kind of figured that after the fact, but was not 100% sure

The good thing is that I have a final payoff for the Panorama coming up, so I should be able to get the credit (I also have now added the offer to my wife’s card separately) 

1 hour ago, Bowman1 said:

Thank you - I kind of figured that after the fact, but was not 100% sure

The good thing is that I have a final payoff for the Panorama coming up, so I should be able to get the credit (I also have now added the offer to my wife’s card separately) 

Unfortunately, they will not give the credit retroactively for the charge made on your wife's card.

But, you did learn a lesson.

14 hours ago, Bowman1 said:

You could try calling Carnival and ask them to refund the original card and immediately charge the other one.

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 6:13 AM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Can someone help me understand this, If I get an authorized user added to my account (say my wife). She will get her card but all the details will be the same like Card number etc. How does she gets her own online account, i thought you have to have your own account to get online account. Please help

3 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Can someone help me understand this, If I get an authorized user added to my account (say my wife). She will get her card but all the details will be the same like Card number etc. How does she gets her own online account, i thought you have to have your own account to get online account. Please help

The card number will be different. At least that's the case with me.

My wife is a user on my account but has her own card with totally different number and her own login as well.

2 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Each card holder can set up their own individual account as the card numbers are not the same even though they’re linked to the same account.

5 minutes ago, webzila said:

The card number will be different. At least that's the case with me.

My wife is a user on my account but has her own card with totally different number and her own login as well.

Thanks, let me try that