Amex offer 11/16/19 — 3/31/20

ZoeyVictoria

I had a difficult time finding my offer last time.  My card is an AMEX but through Wells Fargo.  It didn't show up until several days after the tread was started here.

Sure enough, just jumped through all the hoops (start at WF, then it takes you to AMEX, then it takes you back to WF, then you have to navigate through a few other screens), and it isn't showing up.  BUT, I'll keep checking.  Thanks for posting!!

Any idea if this works to buy Cruise Cash? I'd rather use one of my other credit cards that offers trip insurance and better rewards for travel to actually pay for the reservation itself.

DETAILS

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. Terms and exclusions apply.

OFFER TERMS

Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020 with (1) Carnival Cruise Line at Carnival.com or phone 1-800-764-7419, (2) Holland America Line at Hollandamerica.com or phone 1-877-932-4259, (3) Princess Cruises at Princess.com or phone 1-800-774-6237, (4) Seabourn at Seabourn.com or phone 1-866-755-5619, or (5) Cunard at Cunard.com or phone 1-800-728-6273. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Must be booked on the respective cruise line’s US website only. The respective cruise line’s standard booking requirements, policies, restrictions and ticket contract apply. Cruises are subject to availability and capacity controlled. Please note that cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 3/31/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GEDC:0001

3 minutes ago, mnp75 said:

Made another $500 payment for Horizon cruise next year! Still waiting for the AARP gift cards to show up again to finish paying it off. 

You can add additional card holders to your account and they can add the deal too on their card. So you can use the deal more than once. This is 25% off compared to 10% for AARP. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 4_THE_HALIBUT said:

Doesn’t work for Cruise Cash, but you can use it to pay on an existing reservation. I usually only pay $500 on Amex, then pay the rest on my credit card that has travel insurance. If you don’t have a PVP, the website allows split payments.

You might want to look into your terms and conditions. Most credit cards require the full payment of that trip to go on said card to offer insurance.

• Like 1

Thank you Elaine.  I added it to the card, then did the payment.  It will be interesting to see if it went through.  I made the reservation in June and it said they had to be made after that.  Either way, it's another $500 knocked off the total.

It's odd, I just checked my AMEX account to see if the rebate went through or not and Carnival didn't take the $500 all at once.  They did it in two charges.  One for $238 and the other for $262.  The rebate hadn't appeared yet.   If I remember correctly, it took a while for the rebate to show up the last time they offered it.

Edited by RWolver672
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

Could someone please explain the advantage to buying cruise cash?  It seems to me that you are just prepaying so that you have credit.  I’m not sure of it’s purpose.

You are correct.  That way when you get off of the ship, you don't owe anything.  The cruise is over, you owe nothing and now it's time to start saving for the next one.  

22 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

Thank you Elaine.  I added it to the card, then did the payment.  It will be interesting to see if it went through.  I made the reservation in June and it said they had to be made after that.  Either way, it's another $500 knocked off the total.

It's odd, I just checked my AMEX account to see if the rebate went through or not and Carnival didn't take the $500 all at once.  They did it in two charges.  One for $238 and the other for $262.  The rebate hadn't appeared yet.   If I remember correctly, it took a while for the rebate to show up the last time they offered it.

Michiganders need to stick together...mostly to keep warm!😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Michiganders need to stick together...mostly to keep warm!😂😂

I think we must need more Michiganders.  Our snow is covered with brown leaves that didn't have a chance to fall before the snow came.  461 days until the next cruise.  Can't get here fast enough.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

This happened to me once. It took until the charges hit my statement for the credit to be triggered.

Just now, Bostwick girl said:

They did this to me last Offer. Carnival split it into 2 charges for some reason, so never received the credit. Really ticked me off!

It would’ve me too. Did both charges hit the same statement? If they did and you had loaded the offer to your card before the charges were made, you’re due the credit. I’d call Amex. The rep I talked to at the time said as long as the charges total at least $500 I’d get the credit and I did. 

9 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

You can add additional card holders to your account and they can add the deal too on their card. So you can use the deal more than once. This is 25% off compared to 10% for AARP. 

I might try that.