Cruise Critic Community
ZoeyVictoria

Amex offer 11/16/19 — 3/31/20

The offer I had is the spend $500 get 10,000 points. That offer is now restricted to 1 per membership rewards account. Just off the phone with them again. Unfortunately they cannot or won’t email me the terms and conditions so if someone else has them please post. 

So I called my PVP to pay $500 for advance payment of gratuities and asked if she could apply it to our three cabins and charge my A/E one time for $500.  She said she would have to do some finagling, but she would take care of it.

This was on my credit card afterwards:

Recent Transactions 

(Since Nov 11. Closing Dec 11)

Nov 23

Pending

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR $108.28

Nov 23

Pending

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR $195.86

Nov 23

Pending

and this is the email I got shortly afterwards:

Thank you for using your American Express® Card ending in XXXXX  at CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR. If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer. 

I was surprised I didn't have to call A/E to get it cleared up, but it looks like they recognized it.  Now I just have to wait and see if the $100 posts.  I was surprised that my PVP couldn't do what she thought she could.

• I was able to use the back door method and get the spend $500 get $100 offer on my delta AMEX.     americanexpress.com/wlcl   I have been holding out for over a month watching for this, we leave in two weeks so I am very happy.   Also have the spend $500 get 10,000 points on my husbands card, so very excited.   Hope everyone enjoys there upcoming trips!
  •  
On 11/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, Elaine5715 said:

On 11/23/2019 at 9:30 AM, diesteldorf said:

Just an FYI.  There are actually 2 separate offers available if you are lucky and have multiple Amex cards.

One is $100 off of a $500 booking and the other is Get 10,000 Amex points for a $500+ booking.  They are independent and you can qualify for both if you use more than one card.

We have an AMEX Everyday card we never use that has the 10k points offer, and an AMEX Bonvoy Brilliant card with the $100 rebate. Just used both to pay off our cruise and got confirmation emails from both regarding the rewards! 

5 hours ago, wbmom1 said:
  • I was able to use the back door method and get the spend $500 get $100 offer on my delta AMEX.     americanexpress.com/wlcl   I have been holding out for over a month watching for this, we leave in two weeks so I am very happy.   Also have the spend $500 get 10,000 points on my husbands card, so very excited.   Hope everyone enjoys there upcoming trips!
  •  

I didn’t have the offer on my A/E delta rewards card.  I used the back donor method and now it appears!  Thanks!!

2 hours ago, cmptrwiz said:

I didn’t have the offer on my A/E delta rewards card.  I used the back donor method and now it appears!  Thanks!!

thanks for the back-door approach!  Used on my Delta Amex business card- put $500 on my May Princess Panama Canal cruise, got the $100 credit, my son & business partner used his card to pay the gratuities on our January Panorama family cruise, got the $100 credit!  Both were credited within 2 days.  We got the same "if meets terms", but both worked so not sure about what the terms were.  $200 Saved!  Tomorrow buying the stock for the $250 per cruise OBC!  $700 saved, almost enough for another cruise!  

Does anyone know if you booked through Costco Travel does it process through Costco or Carnival?

On 11/23/2019 at 6:22 PM, cmptrwiz said:

So I called my PVP to pay $500 for advance payment of gratuities and asked if she could apply it to our three cabins and charge my A/E one time for $500.  She said she would have to do some finagling, but she would take care of it.

This was on my credit card afterwards:

Recent Transactions 

(Since Nov 11. Closing Dec 11)

Nov 23

Pending

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR $108.28

Nov 23

Pending

Nov 23

Pending

and this is the email I got shortly afterwards:

Thank you for using your American Express® Card ending in XXXXX  at CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR. If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer. 

I was surprised I didn't have to call A/E to get it cleared up, but it looks like they recognized it.  Now I just have to wait and see if the $100 posts.  I was surprised that my PVP couldn't do what she thought she could.

Well the $100 posted to my account yesterday.  Now to get it on my Delta Rewards A/E

On 11/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, aaronm120 said:

Does anyone know if you booked through Costco Travel does it process through Costco or Carnival?

Carnival.

Did anyone else also use the “Spend $500 or more, get $10 back.  Up to 3X” offer?  I don’t know why I even added that to my card because I had no intention of spending $500, but I was surprised to see that one Carnival purchase triggered both bonuses.