RC ship excursions in ABC islands

george35

We will be on the Explorer B/B Nov. 24th for 5 days then for 9 nights. My question is my wife has picked out 3 tours she said looked interesting, can any one help us decide if they are worth our time & money?

1. CURACRO-----------Discover Curacro-----------$58 PP

2. BONAIRE-----------BONAIRE HIGHLIGHTS---$66 PP

3. ARUBA---------------The  tour that is listed at $50.99 PP

george35

• Clarea changed the title to RC ship excursions in ABC islands

Any reason why you don't consider booking group private tours rather than the ship offered ones...especially in these easy to do ports?

As an example for Aruba....as you exit the cruise terminal there are bus tours being offered...we did one that went all around the island and at the end you had an option of returning back into town or could have stayed at a beach and they would come back to get you at a pre-arranged time/place. The cost was $20.00pp.

Just something you might want to consider.

You do realize that there isn't any way that folks not on your cruise can tell which tour in Aruba you are looking at - all tour prices vary by ship and constantly by "sales."  Sounds like you are just looking at generic island tours.  As Ashland says, there are a ton of local operators at all these ports that will give you a three hour or so tour of each island, although the prices you list are not bad if you don't mind large tour groups, slow boarding of buses and waiting for the rest of the group.  Local operators not giving a chunk of cash to Royal can do a bit better and vehicles will be smaller.

Check the port boards for the three islands to see what people recommend based on what you are interested in doing.

All three islands have great 4x4 truck-based tours (about 8 people in the back of an Army-type truck where you can see both the developed and undeveloped areas of the island.  Personally we now just walk across the main street in Aruba and take the 10 bus to somewhere on the beach, walk as far as we want, and take the bus  back (around $2.50pp each way).  Bonaire is about snorkeling or diving.  You can walk into town and across the bridge in Curacao and explore a lot of the city for free.  But it really depends on what YOU want to do - these are laid-back islands with a lot of nice folks there.

I'm going on a 9 day to the ABCs on adventure in January, would love to hear about these or what ever ones you end up doing as we are still trying to decide!

i've been to curacao one other time a few years ago, we did a tour (don't remember what they called it) that included a guided bus ride to the curacao distillery that was super interesting, then a tour of the place and samples once we got there, i enjoyed that but i feel in love with the island so this time i plan on exploring it myself along with beach bumming it. such a beautiful place IMO.  

most likely will snorkel in Bonaire  and still undecided in Aruba 

6 minutes ago, siriuscruiser said:

If you want to snorkel in Bonaire, I suggest using Woodwind Tours. They are probably the best snorkeling tour we have taken.

They really are excellent!  I think we may be in the same sailing as OP in a couple weeks and we can’t wait to snorkel with Woodwind again.

11 minutes ago, siriuscruiser said:

If you want to snorkel in Bonaire, I suggest using Woodwind Tours. They are probably the best snorkeling tour we have taken.

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

The snorkling tripwith Woodwind in Bonaire is the best day out I have ever had. Ever.  Fantastic.

so im assuming since you're mentioning the company by name its a company on the island? not RC affiliated? if so how would one go about booking that? ive never done a non RC excursion, thanks!  

2 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

so im assuming since you're mentioning the company by name its a company on the island? not RC affiliated? if so how would one go about booking that? ive never done a non RC excursion, thanks!  

Simply booked direct online

https://www.woodwindbonaire.com/four-hour-tours/

On 11/16/2019 at 3:35 PM, george35 said:

We will be on the Explorer B/B Nov. 24th for 5 days then for 9 nights. My question is my wife has picked out 3 tours she said looked interesting, can any one help us decide if they are worth our time & money?

george35

Aruba ....sights seems and taste. goes to every point you should see....Bonaire...north and south, goes around the island....Curacao. The best of Curacao... Hope this helps

On 11/16/2019 at 3:35 PM, george35 said:

george35

As someone else mentioned, check the ports of call boards for these stops. You will find tours that are less expensive and you will be in a smaller vehicle with less people. It will be a much more enjoyable tour. If you choose a tour that comes highly recommended here, you shouldn't have to worry about getting back to the ship in time. These tour operators all know the cruise ship schedules and would not risk the bad publicity by having a group miss their ship.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:00 AM, EDiamond22 said:

i will defiantly pitch it to the group, thanks !!

The group might be put off by your defiance. :classic_blink:

But seriously, if you're going in January it might be too late to book Woodwind. They fill up early, six months ahead is not too early to book them. 

51 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

The group might be put off by your defiance. :classic_blink:

But seriously, if you're going in January it might be too late to book Woodwind. They fill up early, six months ahead is not too early to book them. 

interesting, good info i will reach out tomorrow and see if its even a possibility. Thanks!