Wait list for early MDR--Equinox in April 2020

mayleeman

We could only book late traditional dining  (8:30) in the MDR for this cruise. We were put on the waiting list for 6:00. Select dining was not available, and we prefer the continuity and companionship of traditional if we can get in a table of 6 or 8.

I have seen posts about people trying to get into Select. But what about wait-listing to get into early? Anyone have any idea on whether it is better to be patient and wait for an assignment, or is this a case for contacting someone and getting an idea where we stand? 

If we hear nothing from Celeb, should we go the the MDR once on board and request reassignment?

Edited by mayleeman

3 hours ago, mayleeman said:

We could only book late traditional dining  (8:30) in the MDR for this cruise. We were put on the waiting list for 6:00. Select dining was not available, and we prefer the continuity and companionship of traditional if we can get in a table of 6 or 8.

I have seen posts about people trying to get into Select. But what about wait-listing to get into early? Anyone have any idea on whether it is better to be patient and wait for an assignment, or is this a case for contacting someone and getting an idea where we stand? 

If we hear nothing from Celeb, should we go the the MDR once on board and request reassignment?

Anxious to hear replies on this also. We have the same situation but on Reflection in April.

• Like 1

I would say don’t worry ... you are months out from the cruise and likelihood of your request moving off wait list is high also if you are using a travel agent they should call and ask to have you move — my agent has done that.  I would keep checking and stay on this especially the week before and week after final payment when many change plans.   I’m sure you have a wonderful cruise — I’m on the Reflection now and loving life.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would say that the fact they have added you to wait list is encouraging.

During a conversation with Celebrity agent whilst booking she advised that they normally limit numbers on wait list to less than 25. As she explained it to me, this was in order to help manage folks expectations. Ie, they don’t want a large number of folks on wait list, with no real chance of getting confirmed. Obviously, the inverse of that is, if you are on the wait list, there is a reasonable chance you will be successful.

I was also wait-listed for my March 1st Edge cruise,  but sent an email to the link posted above.   We had 8:30, and I requested select.  I also added that if select was not available, then we would prefer 6:00 in the Cosmopolitan MDR.      A few hours later my reservation said Open Dining instead of 8:30/waitlist.

Edited to add that I did a mock booking to price check yesterday and select dining was available to choose.  It was not available when I booked last week, only 8:30 was.

Edited by micheleata
  • Like 1

We're on the Wait List for late dining [8:30]; I hoping we can reserve a table for two, the same table each night so we can have the same servers each night in the MDR.  We've done this on all of our previous cruises and it just make for a very enjoyable evening meal.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 5:27 AM, Bizziecruzer said:

Try sendin an email to request change..... Celebritydining@celebrity.com  it worked for me. Good luck

I just got an email reply that our request for early traditional dining has been approved, and it now shops up under the "details" page in cruise planner. Thank you for your suggestion!