What's For Lunch On Celebrity Ships? Share Your Favorites And Lunch Secrets

vtcruising

24 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Wonderful thread with a lot of thought & work out into it. We are on Reflection for the first time for MardiGras & Lawn Club Grille has my name written all over it!  

NOLA, Reflection and Lawn Club Grille - sounds like a winning combo! 🙂

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I can understand that. But as someone who is gluten-free, other options are not always accessible to us. I agree that both kinds of options would be good.

I totally support having more gluten-free food options around, but there is no real need for a meat based burger to contain gluten at all, so I'd vote for improving the recipe and removing breadcrumbs for the good of all.

I think the majority of burger chains have removed gluten from the meat component already so I'd certainly focus on ensuring the same onboard.

Have to take care with the bun and the sauce etc. of course, but the meat patty should not be the problem.

5 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I totally support having more gluten-free food options around, but there is no real need for a meat based burger to contain gluten at all, so I'd vote for improving the recipe and removing breadcrumbs for the good of all.

I think the majority of burger chains have removed gluten from the meat component already so I'd certainly focus on ensuring the same onboard.

Have to take care with the bun and the sauce etc. of course, but the meat patty should not be the problem.

Meat patty, no. Generally not a problem.

Veggie patties can be though depending on the kind used. Impossible and Beyond are safe for sure. Others may or may not be. It is nice when places do acknowledge that sometimes people who are gluten-free are veggie or at least like to choose plant-based options from time to time. (I know Disney has gone to Beyond burgers, and they are not priced higher than other meat patty burgers.)

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It is nice when places do acknowledge that sometimes people who are gluten-free are veggie or at least like to choose plant-based options from time to time. (I know Disney has gone to Beyond burgers, and they are not priced higher than other meat patty burgers.)

GF and veggie is more of a challenge for sure.

I suspect though that price and global availability are going to keep Beyond and Impossible off the regular menu for most cruise lines though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Does anyone know what kind of veggie burger they use? Impossible? Beyond? Something else?

They use, as of my last cruise last year, a vegan burger which was not any of those and it is was vegan and delicious.

I Am sure someone who knows will be around to update us on this...

bon appetite and bon voyage

My favorite lunch favorite, Chicken Caesar Salad.   Both DH and I keep it light during lunch and we have found (at least on our last 3 celebrity cruises), the chicken at the MYO Caesar station is pretty good.  If there is a good curry that day, we might have a small scoop with some naan as well

Will be on the Edge in less than a month and might have to try some of the other options.  

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

They use, as of my last cruise last year, a vegan burger which was not any of those and it is was vegan and delicious.

I Am sure someone who knows will be around to update us on this...

Worst-case I will ask what they use (and if it is gluten-free) when I am on the Edge in February as I am not 100% veggie and can do meat-based options if it is not safe for me.

11 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Worst-case I will ask what they use (and if it is gluten-free) when I am on the Edge in February as I am not 100% veggie and can do meat-based options if it is not safe for me.

I can let you know next week!

Will inquire about both burgers... for you, yet that does not mean there will be no changes in the burgers by the time you board.

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I can let you know next week!

Will inquire about both burgers... for you, yet that does not mean there will be no changes in the burgers by the time you board.

Awesome! Thank you!

Yes - products can always change depending on the suppliers and other things.

I eat a fresh salad and the last cruise they also had a freshly made avocado salad one day.  

One day they had fresh steamed mussels at lunch. It pays to look around before deciding.

I will taste something unusual or interesting.

Sushi on Five does a nice salad and rainbow roll.

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Now both are gone:  complimentary profiteroles and 14-night cruises.  😪

14 night cruises are the norm out of Southampton. 

We rarely do anything else, as it takes us 6 hours to drive to the port, so DH thinks that he may as well benifit from a decent length holiday, if he has put the effort into diving that distance.

2 hours ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

My favorite lunch favorite, Chicken Caesar Salad.   Both DH and I keep it light during lunch and we have found (at least on our last 3 celebrity cruises), the chicken at the MYO Caesar station is pretty good.  If there is a good curry that day, we might have a small scoop with some naan as well

Will be on the Edge in less than a month and might have to try some of the other options.  

Thanks for the suggestions - will need to try.

1 hour ago, Aqua water said:

I eat a fresh salad and the last cruise they also had a freshly made avocado salad one day.

That sounds good!  It's nice when there is something different - it makes sense to check things out before loading up on an old favorite.

Vt, what a great topic.  Last week on the Silhouette we loved Sushi on Five for lunch, especially the appetizers. The Porch lunch did not offer the burger, shrimp cocktail or steamed mussels but had an enjoyable time.  Instead the shrimp was replaced by Pil Pil Shrimp and the steamed mussels by a mussel/pasta dish.  Our two lunches in Luminae were both very good.

On the Edge the Eden Cafe brownies are indeed something to “die for” and the chocolate chip cookies aren’t bad either.

Thanks for putting this together.

30 minutes ago, Oville said:

Vt, what a great topic.  Last week on the Silhouette we loved Sushi on Five for lunch, especially the appetizers. The Porch lunch did not offer the burger, shrimp cocktail or steamed mussels but had an enjoyable time.  Instead the shrimp was replaced by Pil Pil Shrimp and the steamed mussels by a mussel/pasta dish.  Our two lunches in Luminae were both very good.

On the Edge the Eden Cafe brownies are indeed something to “die for” and the chocolate chip cookies aren’t bad either.

Thanks for putting this together.

That sounds good. The other great thing about The Porch for us was the view. I found the pictures of our first X cruise on the Silhouette in 2012. The Porch had a different menu back then, but we really enjoyed eating there for breakfast and lunch. It was often almost empty until people discovered it and we had great service. Whenever we got a table overlooking the jogging track, it made for great people watching, with people going every which way and running into each other. On the Reflection we did enjoy the seafood menu a couple of years ago. We were docked in Athens on a beautiful day and it felt so luxurious to be up there sipping a nice wine and enjoying our seafood tower.  🙂

Glad you enjoyed the Specialty Dining on the Silhouette. Will be looking at booking her again.

76171713-0346-4ECC-912E-B886AB1694E6.thumb.jpeg.9d1dc611446a56d220e79fb258bc954c.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising