Mobile App/ Mobile check in

We'll be on the Reflection in a few weeks, check in is done online but they keep advertising to use the app for mobile check in.  It says "skip the counter".  I have the app, there is nothing about check in on there yet, I'm guessing as we get closer it will show up?  Has anyone ever used the mobile check in at the port?

I have the app and have used it to checkin on both Summit and Edge.   Worked perfectly. 

If you have already checked in online the information automatically propagates the app.    I would suggest the following.  

Check to make sure you have the latest version.   Might be good to uninstall and re-install

Make sure you are logged in -   If you are logged in you will see all of your reservations.   You can also link a missing reservation.

799561FC-FED6-426F-BE87-CFBAFA51120C.thumb.jpeg.4c0e6faefc1acb708d1b05f2a2c72338.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I may be incorrect, but if you have already completed check-in online, you will not be able to then go back and use the app check-in to take advantage of Expedited Arrival. 

On a B2B last month, I did the first cruise on the Web and then when I went to the App it was there for the cruise and I was able to use the App to check in.    On the second cruise I completed it on my Iphone but screwed up loading the photo.   I was unable to correct using the app but was able to replace the picture on the web and all was updated on the app.   

Just my experience.  

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I didn’t think non revolutionized ships were supported by the app for check in.  

Generally you are correct except Reflection is supported even though it has not gone through revolution.   It's listed under supported ships.   Maybe someone who has sailed Reflection can update us on whether it works.  

Just now, whitshel said:

When I first downloaded the app my reservation showed up with my dinning reservations, now my reservation still shows up but no dinning reservations. Hmmmmm

Well I just checked again and now they are back on there. I don't see anyplace on the app to check in?  I thought I saw on a pic of the app that there was a hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines menu) on the top left corner, mine doesn't have that.

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Generally you are correct except Reflection is supported even though it has not gone through revolution.   It's listed under supported ships.   Maybe someone who has sailed Reflection can update us on whether it works.  

Prior to introduction of Edge about a year ago, the app was initially tested on two ships that have not yet been revolutionized...  One of those ships was Reflection [revolution scheduled for February 2023] and, to the best I  recall, Constellation [revolution scheduled for May 2020] was the other...

After sailing Edge twice earlier this year and successfully getting my bar-coded Xpress Passes for expedited check-in via the app on both, I am sailing Reflection on 29 November and can confirm that the app is indeed working for that cruise too...

I use my laptop rather than my phone for online check-in--big fingers/small keyboard don't mix easily for me--but, in each case, the Xpress Passes have immediately transferred to the phone app upon completion of the abbreviated check-in process on my computer...  Using the screen shot that whitshel has posted [#9 above], the Xpress Pass can be accessed via the right-most of the three icons [depicting ship, calendar and guest] immediately above "Day 1/Fort Lauderdale" on the app...

When you complete the online check-in process, you will be asked to select a suggested--but not binding--boarding time...  That information--along with your name, reservation number, deck/stateroom number, stateroom category [ie; AquaClass], Captain's Club tier, muster station, a notation relative to any beverage package you may have and a bar code--transfers to the phone...

If you've fully completed the check-in process and the personal photo you've uploaded meets the well-defined guidelines [they will take a new photo if needed], the boarding process entails the usual security screenings and a few quick scans of the Xpress Pass on your phone by roving greeters/check-in/security agents...  Extremely speedy, easy, and painless; it's worked like a charm for me... 

Edited by Xport
10 hours ago, whitshel said:

Well I just checked again and now they are back on there. I don't see anyplace on the app to check in?  I thought I saw on a pic of the app that there was a hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines menu) on the top left corner, mine doesn't have that.

The app is a bit wonky but after you use it for awhile it is easier to navigate.   If you already checked in you can not do it again on the app.   You will find your boarding pass by clicking the right hand Icon that looks like a head (circle over square box)  and then swipe left.  

On this page you will also find where you can check in if you haven't already.

10 hours ago, whitshel said:

But then in the 2nd screenshot it's says that check in opens November 30th.  So maybe then I'll see the check in area?

Screenshot_20191117-204613_Celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20191117-204648_Celebrity.jpg

Yes that will become active when open for checkin.    Once checked in you swipe that screen to Left and you will then see your Boarding Pass.

Another non-intuitive feature is you go to the bottom of that screen and you will see your Folio and it updates near real time if you charge anything. 

14 hours ago, whitshel said:

I did the check in on my computer for my cruise on Reflection coming up in December. I had to log out and log back in to get my  reservation and Xpress to show up on the Celebrity App. That is a trick I learned this summer on Summit from the IT person onboard when my dining reservations did not show up. Sometimes new stuff won't sync from their server and logging out and logging back in fixes it. 

4C4EFAEC-25B4-4ED3-8B25-8374E1FDD9DC.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515
9 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I did the check in on my computer for my cruise on Reflection coming up in December. I had to log out and log back in to get my  reservation and Xpress to show up on the Celebrity App. That is a trick I learned this summer on Summit from the IT person onboard when my dining reservations did not show up. Sometimes new stuff won't sync from their server and logging out and logging back in fixes it. 

4C4EFAEC-25B4-4ED3-8B25-8374E1FDD9DC.jpeg

Now it showed that check in opens Dec 1st!  Ughhhh, so I logged out of the app and logged back in and viola, my express pass showed up.  Thanks for the help!  I think were all set 🙂