HAL internet

rangeley

4 minutes ago, rangeley said:

Does Hal ever offer their internet cheaper? I just got off Princess and paid 59.99 for a week. Hal wants double that. 

Not that I'm aware of.  Check when you board the ship as offers are likely to occur then if they are offered at all.  The spa (for their passes) and specialty restaurants often discount on embarkation day.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

10 hours ago, rangeley said:

Does Hal ever offer their internet cheaper? I just got off Princess and paid 59.99 for a week. Hal wants double that. 

I was on the Eurodam a couple of weeks ago and they had something new for the internet that I had not seen before.  I don't know if it is fleet wide or just on the Eurodam.  They offered three different plans, and the plans were based on daily downloads rather than minutes.  One was called basic and was for primarily email, the second was for more web surfing, and the third was for those who do streaming videos and such.  I don't remember exactly what each one was, but I think the top tier allowed you to use 500 MB of download each day, the second tier was up to 300MB each day, and I don't remember the 1st tier limits. 

They each had a different price and you could purchase it on a daily basis or for the whole cruise.  I went with the top tier as I do do some web surfing on sea days, but I'm sure I could have probably gotten by with the second tier with no problems.  I actually liked it this way better than with the minutes, as you all know how slow the ship internet is.  With this approach it doesn't matter how long it takes to download as it is based on total downloads rather than minutes used.  Hope this helps.

Neil

• Like 1

If you look around, there are MANY threads on Internet plans. One of the things discussed is that the Premium plan is discounted if you buy prior to boarding. There have also been some Plan perks given with some sales. You will see the prices listed, as on Post #7 on this thread:

What Princess charges has nothing to do with what HAL charges. They are different cruise lines.

11 hours ago, BaltimoreCruise said:

Does anyone know if one can play words with friends with the Surf Plan, or does it require an upgrade to the Premium Plan?

On our last two cruises we purchased the Premium Plan so that my husband could continue to play not knowing if it was necessary.  

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

DW played Words with Friends with the surf package on the K-dam in January