MONKEY/SLOTH "ZOOS COMPARISON - We've visited all 3!

#1TravelMom

On 7/29/2021 at 11:24 AM, BrotherCraig said:

All three of them allow you to hold them and get pictures.  We prefer Bodden's Monkey Business because it is on the way to our favorite beach in the Caribbean - West Bay Beach.   Yes, you can book tours independently.  We always do.  My top three suggestions - Rony Tours, Justin Roatan, and Bodden.  Private tours are the way to go there.

We will be a family of 8 with a 6 and 8 yr old.    What’s the best way to see the sloths and monkeys and then a good beach with great swimming - would like a good deal on transportation.  

I booked Infinity Bay and added the sloths tour via  Discover Roatans website for the best price (there's also a coupon if you look closely at the webpage). It includes transportation, they also have an AI package. You can search their page for other resorts with similar packages and do the sloth add on if they have it.

50 minutes ago, Shekim said:

Does anyone know how long after reserving does it take to get notification from Manawakie Park? Yes, I sent money via Paypal...

I have received notification from them so disregard! Thanks all and happy cruising!

• 1 month later...

We just booked the Daniel Johnson Monkey & Sloth Hangout tour for our upcoming cruise. At this point we're planning on just using their transportation. However, reading through this thread, it looks like many people recommend booking alternate means of getting to the facility. Is there something I'm missing? Is it unreliable? Unsafe? What?

All we're doing is visiting the Hangout & then heading back to the port. We don't want a tour of the island or to visit any other facility. Let me know if I should be looking for alternate means of getting to Daniel Johnson's.

Any thoughts on the suspension bridges? 

What about walking trails through the jungle/ botanical gardens? My mother in law would love to see animals in the wild like monkeys and birds. Might have part of our group snorkel for an extended time time while the test walks and takes photos. Still not 100% sure...