Flight time after cruise.

What airport and are you flying local or a Canadian flying from US port back to Canada etc?  

If for some reason we find we are worried about catching our flight we do the self disembark-taking our own luggage off and grabbing a taxi to airport.  We are Canadian and when flying out of Ft Lauderdale some times find the security lines long.  Our Nexus has certainly helped.

If you buy HAL's airport transfer, they strongly suggest your flight leave no earlier than 11.30, no matter the destination. If you book through FlightEase, you can't select a flight that leaves before that time. Safe travels! 

2 hours ago, rangeley said:

Are we going to make that flight post cruise? 

Easily.  Disembarked Nieuw Statendam last week, and made a 09h45 departure ex-FLL with an hour to spare at the gate  (with Zuiderdam, Regal Princess, and Allure of the Seas also in port.)  KK's advice is solid.  I would also take a taxi. Vans / SUVs abound, as do ramp-accessible cabs -- the Sheriff's deputy on the taxi queue will help facilitate.    Scott. 

I agree that taking a taxi is wise, but not because there is any problem with taking the HAL transfer; there isn't. 
But if your husband needs wheelchair assistance, the transfer will drop him off between terminals, and he will have some distance to walk. A taxi will take him right to the doors of the correct terminal, and wheelchair assistance will be easier to obtain. 

Keep in mind, too, that disembarking the ship with wheelchair assistance puts you at the mercy of those available to push you. Your timing will not be your own, but will depend on how many people are also in need of wheelchairs. 
There isn't always a hold up getting a chair and getting off the ship, but there can be. 

5 hours ago, rangeley said:

Our flight time keeps getting changed. The original time was noon then changed to 2:30, now 11:26. Are we going to make that flight post cruise? 

Have you contacted the airline about alternative flights?  I have always found them to be VERY flexible when they change your original reservation - even to the point where I end up with a better flight than I originally booked.  By the way - no fees should be involved since they made the change.  Just explain the situation to them, that you are afraid that you will not make the flight since you are on a cruise - this happens all the time.

I have checked the flights and the only other non stop is 8pm and its sold out. Stops are not good for someone in a wheelchair. Besides we got a really good deal, 323.00 for 1st class. I guess we will figure it out. 

Thanks for all your expert advice!! 

1 minute ago, rangeley said:

I have checked the flights and the only other non stop is 8pm and its sold out. Stops are not good for someone in a wheelchair. Besides we got a really good deal, 323.00 for 1st class. I guess we will figure it out. 

Thanks for all your expert advice!! 

Just FYI - the airline will honor the fare you paid (323) if you request a different flight, but of course there has to be seats available.

Our experience dis-embarking the Nieuw Statendam 11/10 at Port Everglades and heading to FLL.

Early dis-embarkation was schedule for 7:30 but started at 7:15am

In Uber at 7:43am ($10.82)

At the airport just before 8am

They've got this down.  It can't get any more efficient, IMO.

We've learned that a taxi or Uber/Lyft out of Port Everglades is faster and really not that expensive.  It's cheaper than paying for the transfers for a couple of people or more.  Last time when we were going to the Miami airport,  we had to wait over an hour for the bus to fill, and then they decided they didn't have room for us based on luggage.  It was only when the HAL representative told them that they had to get us to the airport somehow that they managed to find room for us on the transfer we had already paid for.