Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
CanWeGoYet?

Cabo beach resort day pass, what would you do?

I booked a shore excursion / day pass for what is reported to be Breathless Resort.  Booked through Carnival so not 100% on that, but it's mentioned in many of the reviews.

Will be there next week, and now apparently there is a tropical storm / what is predicted to wind down to a tropical remnant on our port day.   

If we can even tender in, are there any sheltered areas outdoors at this resort?   Seriously considering cancelling ahead of the cruise.  Unless the cruise line cancels the excursion, they lobby a 25% penalty after you board & 100% within 24 hours of the excursion.  I have a little more time to watch the weather reports, but this is not looking good.  

On 11/19/2019 at 12:36 AM, CanWeGoYet? said:

I booked a shore excursion / day pass for what is reported to be Breathless Resort.  Booked through Carnival so not 100% on that, but it's mentioned in many of the reviews.

Will be there next week, and now apparently there is a tropical storm / what is predicted to wind down to a tropical remnant on our port day.   

If we can even tender in, are there any sheltered areas outdoors at this resort?   Seriously considering cancelling ahead of the cruise.  Unless the cruise line cancels the excursion, they lobby a 25% penalty after you board & 100% within 24 hours of the excursion.  I have a little more time to watch the weather reports, but this is not looking good.  

If it were me, I would cancel the Carnival excursion prior to boarding and reserve the exact same resort through Resort for a Day at $84 , Daypass App ($84), or directly from Breathless on arrival. Resort for a day requires a $20 deposit but allows cancellation up to 24 hrs, so that would give you a little more time to see what the weather holds, as long as you have internet to cancel on board.

If you have more than two people, this buy one get one free offer from the Passport card makes for a good deal, if just one or two the cost of the card negates any savings. https://loscabospassport.com/

Thanks Eddie.  I got a pretty good rate through the cruise line because I booked the excursion when they were offering Carnival coupon promo codes.  Weather forecast keeps changing, now it may be just cloudy?  But thanks for the link for the passport card.  Maybe someone else will benefit from it!