Jump to content

Norwegian Black Friday deals, anyone?


LongHill44
 Share

Recommended Posts

The 20% Latitude is still going on through 11/22 and the Double Point is through 11/30. No OBC right now though (had been on there previously).  I actually don't think this deal is that great compared to historical prices (which for my locations have continuously trended up) BUT I will say that my normal agents I have used in the past have been unable to beat the 20% discount.....which makes me wonder if this is NCL's way of trying to revert to direct sales by reverting commission costs into Latitude discounts. I don't know just speculation. I don't expect anything new on BF.

Edited by pghflyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

The 20% Latitude is still going on through 11/22 and the Double Point is through 11/30. No OBC right now though (had been on there previously).  I actually don't think this deal is that great compared to historical prices (which for my locations have continuously trended up) BUT I will say that my normal agents I have used in the past have been unable to beat the 20% discount.....which makes me wonder if this is NCL's way of trying to revert to direct sales by reverting commission costs into Latitude discounts. I don't know just speculation. I don't expect anything new on BF.

Agreed, I find the 20% discount and double points generally(but not always) apply to higher priced cruises.   Sometimes they can be a good deal.  However like many discounts is it really 20% off if it's priced 20% higher?

Edited by davencl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, pghflyer said:

The 20% Latitude is still going on through 11/22 and the Double Point is through 11/30. No OBC right now though (had been on there previously).  I actually don't think this deal is that great compared to historical prices (which for my locations have continuously trended up) BUT I will say that my normal agents I have used in the past have been unable to beat the 20% discount.....which makes me wonder if this is NCL's way of trying to revert to direct sales by reverting commission costs into Latitude discounts. I don't know just speculation. I don't expect anything new on BF.

 

Once you book thru NCL you can still transfer the booking to a TA and they still get commission from that booking. Not sure if it's the same amount but...there's many TAs out there that will give you OBC if you transfer an existing booking to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

 

Once you book thru NCL you can still transfer the booking to a TA and they still get commission from that booking. Not sure if it's the same amount but...there's many TAs out there that will give you OBC if you transfer an existing booking to them.

 

Interesting.  I booked and paid in full inc. service charges for a cruise on Jan. 5 out of New Orleans directly from NCL website.  I did book a GTD Balcony and I can now transfer this over to an NCL TA?  What would be the advantage of doing this outside of hoping to get some free OBC?

 

Thanks for clarifying!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mattc99 said:

 

Interesting.  I booked and paid in full inc. service charges for a cruise on Jan. 5 out of New Orleans directly from NCL website.  I did book a GTD Balcony and I can now transfer this over to an NCL TA?  What would be the advantage of doing this outside of hoping to get some free OBC?

 

Thanks for clarifying!! 

 

If booked outside of the final payment date you have 30 days to transfer the booking. If you book within the final payment date and make a full payment then you must request to transfer the booking within 24 hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, davencl said:

Agreed, I find the 20% discount and double points generally(but not always) apply to higher priced cruises.   Sometimes they can be a good deal.  However like many discounts is it really 20% off if it's priced 20% higher?

My northbound cruise from Vancouver to Seward is one of those cruises with the discount.  For an inside cabin today, it is $549 with the 20% discount and extra nights.

I was pleasantly pleased and surprised that cruise qualified for the discount.  Just made my final payment much less!  (And, I will get to Platinum on this cruise due to the double points! YAY!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rob32 said:

We booked a cruise a few weeks back, how do I know if we will get the double latitudes points?

You will have to call NCL directly to find out because Latitudes points aren't posted on your account until around 48 hours after you have sailed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rob32 said:

We booked a cruise a few weeks back, how do I know if we will get the double latitudes points?

 

On the confirmation PDF that NCL sends, there are a bunch of codes in the upper right corner. I believe the extra Latitudes points code is LATVIP, so if that's there, you'll get the double points. (And someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the code that gives you the points. 🙂 )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dolita22 said:

 

On the confirmation PDF that NCL sends, there are a bunch of codes in the upper right corner. I believe the extra Latitudes points code is LATVIP, so if that's there, you'll get the double points. (And someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the code that gives you the points. 🙂 )

 

I booked a cruise with double points this week and I do have LATVIP as one of my promo codes, so I believe you are correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, dolita22 said:

 

On the confirmation PDF that NCL sends, there are a bunch of codes in the upper right corner. I believe the extra Latitudes points code is LATVIP, so if that's there, you'll get the double points. (And someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the code that gives you the points. 🙂 )

From what I can decipher from my various cruises:

LATTITUDE is double points

LATVIP is the 20% discount. 

LATREW* is tier discount

INETSHORE is internet (plus $50 shore?)

SINGLE is discounted single supplement

HEXTRSX2 is the double $50 shore excursion credit

Feel free to add or correct the list...

Edited by julig22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dolita22 said:

 

On the confirmation PDF that NCL sends, there are a bunch of codes in the upper right corner. I believe the extra Latitudes points code is LATVIP, so if that's there, you'll get the double points. (And someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the code that gives you the points. 🙂 )

 Thanks for the response, I just checked where you said and the only codes are BROCHURE and FAS4ALL - cruise was booked on 23rd October. 
 

Anyone know if this is correct?

Edited by Rob32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...