Jump to content

Norwegian Black Friday deals, anyone?


Recommended Posts

Prices went up around 40% this weekend on all sailings so it appears Norwegian is poised to advertise a 30% off promotion for Black Friday.  I.E. not really a sale type of sale.

Edited by davencl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Received an email from a cruise specialist TA today. This is their NCL Thanksgiving Promo:

 

Take some time to relax when you book Norwegian’s Free At Sea promotion. Inside cabins choose 1, Oceanviews choose 2, and Balconies or higher receive up to all 5 offers. Choose from Drinks (incl. Alcohol), Specialty Dining, Internet, $50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credits, and on select sailings 3rd & 4th Guests sail free. Plus, when you book an Inside or Oceanview, receive up to $500 Shipboard Credit or book a Balcony or Higher and receive Pre-Paid Gratuities for Two & $100 Spa Credit. To sweeten the deal even more, starting Monday, you save 30% off your cruise! Only $50 per person is required at the time of booking.

 

It looks like there is some sort of promo starting Monday. Plus they are offering $100 OBC as a booking perk this week. And $50 loyalty if you are part of the program. I am not affiliated with them in any way. In fact I don't like that they charge cancellation fees but a good TA overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week my cruise dropped by close to $100 per person so I called and rebooked and saved about $200. Today is my final payment due date and I checked last night and they had raised the price back up by $150 per person. I would imagine they did this to be able to drop the price on black Friday and make it look like a really good deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 2:46 PM, LongHill44 said:

Has anyone seen some good Black Friday deals from Norwegian or other cruise lines?

 

If so, what were the deals and savings?

 

20% off select sailings for Latitude members + extra point/per day.

30% off all sailings

 

Both sails will be available Nov 25-Dec 1

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 5:28 PM, julig22 said:

From what I can decipher from my various cruises:

LATTITUDE is double points

LATVIP is the 20% discount. 

LATREW* is tier discount

INETSHORE is internet (plus $50 shore?)

SINGLE is discounted single supplement

HEXTRSX2 is the double $50 shore excursion credit

Feel free to add or correct the list...

My latest cruise is LATREW and I think the asterisk means no latitudes points awarded on this booking.  I'm already Platinum Plus and will never make Ambassador so I don't really care but am I right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, disneykins said:

My latest cruise is LATREW and I think the asterisk means no latitudes points awarded on this booking.  I'm already Platinum Plus and will never make Ambassador so I don't really care but am I right?

No.  It has nothing to do with points for the cruise - only that you may be eligible for on-board discounts, depending on your status.  As far as I know, you will always get points on a cruise (possibly not if your cruise is a freebie because you are a TA or something).

 

"*LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. This promo code does not provide any Latitude points." 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, julig22 said:

No.  It has nothing to do with points for the cruise - only that you may be eligible for on-board discounts, depending on your status.  As far as I know, you will always get points on a cruise (possibly not if your cruise is a freebie because you are a TA or something).

 

"*LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. This promo code does not provide any Latitude points." 

 

This is cut and paste from my reservation:

 

"LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard.
This promo code does not provide any Latitude points."

 

Sounds to me like I don't get any Latitudes points for this cruise? Maybe it means no additional points? Hope so.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, disneykins said:

This is cut and paste from my reservation:

 

"LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard.
This promo code does not provide any Latitude points."

 

Sounds to me like I don't get any Latitudes points for this cruise? Maybe it means no additional points? Hope so.

 

As I just said, you will get points just like everyone else.  LATREW has NOTHING to do with getting points - "promo code does not provide any Latitude points" doesn't mean that you don't get them.  It just means there is no connection between getting points and this specific code.  You will get them.  If you have a LATTITUDE code, you will get double points.  Since everyone gets at least 1 point per night, there is no code needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so excited about the 30% off that I put courtesy holds on 2 cruises!!!!! what a great deal!!!!

I'm going to let the holds expire and then when NCL keeps badgering me with emails and calls next week I'll say " If you can give me 30% off like last week I'll book!!!"

 

See how they like it then I guess. Better yet I will tell them Kohls had 40% off watches ( and didn't raise the prices a week before!!!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I was so excited about the 30% off that I put courtesy holds on 2 cruises!!!!! what a great deal!!!!

I'm going to let the holds expire and then when NCL keeps badgering me with emails and calls next week I'll say " If you can give me 30% off like last week I'll book!!!"

 

See how they like it then I guess. Better yet I will tell them Kohls had 40% off watches ( and didn't raise the prices a week before!!!)

 

It wouldn't surprise me if the inflated prices with 30% off stick around past Black Friday.  Last year, the Free Air started out as a Black Friday deal and ended up being around for almost a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ctkathchick said:

How do you find the double points? I can't seem to figure it out.

You get double points for any cruise marked "Past Guest"  Currently you also get 20% off.  The link below takes you to the Latitudes benefit page - click the link.  Correct codes don't appear until you choose a cruise and look at the dates and costs.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer/terms?hide_hf=true

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timf2001 said:

 

It wouldn't surprise me if the inflated prices with 30% off stick around past Black Friday.  Last year, the Free Air started out as a Black Friday deal and ended up being around for almost a year.

 

That's exactly what they did. They inflated the prices on Saturday and then offered this "amazing" sale on Monday to fool people...and apparently there's plenty even on this board that fell for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

 

That's exactly what they did. They inflated the prices on Saturday and then offered this "amazing" sale on Monday to fool people...and apparently there's plenty even on this board that fell for it.

Agree they inflated prices this past weekend, but after the 30% discount that mysterious shows up in the mock booking process and then the 20% Latitude discount, we are seeing over a $2K savings from a mock booking with only the 20% discount.  Plus we get double points.   All five of the other free at sea offerings, but no OBC other than the shore excursion.    We think we are going to pull the trigger for a July 2021 European cruise by this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, LongHill44 said:

Has anyone seen some good Black Friday deals from Norwegian or other cruise lines?

 

If so, what were the deals and savings?

Just booked my Ncl bliss 14 nights in February for just under $3,000 for 2 inside guaranteed with drinks package and $200 onboard credit through price line. Best deal I could find included Ncl bjs and other sites.
I have been watching the prices and they spiked recently and then they announced Black Friday special with 30% off so I booked it as it’s the cruise we wanted.
Now if prices drop I’ll try to get a free upgrade to a window room which worked recently on the gem.

It’s a tricky thing to watch and react to the changes. I see a lot of price fluctuations. The recent sickness on the Joy may have an effect on the prices if the national news makes it headline news.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booked the Bliss 3/1...sailaway balcony for less than it was "pre-sale" directly with NCL.

I tried to do it thru my TA for some OBC...but he wasn't there and the guy who answered the phone wasn't getting the same rate.

 

I wanted to do it "fast" because I was afraid this good rate could vanish just as quickly as it appeared.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to take advantage of the Black Friday promo.  My cruise fare dropped almost $700, same perks.    I was not booked on a double latitudes points promo, so all the other perks stay the same.

 

I'll keep monitoring prices as we are 270+ days out and nowhere near final payment.

 

Rather than thinking we overpaid at the booking, we are enjoying the price watching.  

My MIL was able to adjust their rate via their wholesale TA booking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 day Tahiti to Hawaii, solo, OV picture window, wifi and excursion credit (all 4 if I wanted to pay gratutities), $50 OBC, airfare included - $2,257.  Don't really care what the price was on Sunday - 30% off, plus 20% plus airfare made for a pretty sweet deal for me!  Already booked cruises didn't make much difference - cruise fare might be less but the airfare promo makes what I already have the better deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been watching prices for the past couple months for Alaska in October of 2020. The price has increased about 400 pp in the last couple weeks. I received an email of the Black Friday sale. Is it normal to have an additional sale on black Friday or Cyber Monday or is this as good as it gets?  Thank you in advance. 

Edited by bgupton
Grammer correction
Link to post
Share on other sites

Free buffet with  promo code NICKELANDDIME.

I heard from someone who attended a conference that the min. deposit is going up to $100 next year. This would allow NCL to increase revenue (even though it should be considered a prepaid asset- yeah I took accounting and finance thats how I allow myself to be nickel and dimed!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HowardK said:

 This would allow NCL to increase revenue (even though it should be considered a prepaid asset- yeah I took accounting and finance thats how I allow myself to be nickel and dimed!)

"A liability account on the books of a company receiving cash in advance of delivering goods or services to the customer. The entry on the books of the company at the time the money is received in advance is a debit to Cash and a credit to Customer Deposits."

 

Deposits are on the Balance Sheet as liabilities not assets.  Glad you're not my accountant.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...