Jump to content

Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape


Recommended Posts

Sales:

They had those hyped up sales on the Promenade yesterday. They were clearing out their Kate Spade and Michael Kors although one of the shops still carries more recent Michael Kors. The sale bags were 50% off but  still around $150-&200. 
I bought a terry & plastic bag for wet bathing suits for$4.88. They have better Branded ones in the RC logo wear/souvenir shop on the Promenade. I also bought 2 pairs of sunglasses for$4.88 each. Very stylish looking. I bought the lego like RC ships $12.95 each for my great nieces and nephews. I’m the only one left that doesn’t have grandchildren yet - thank goodness as my kids aren’t ready for that yet.

More shopping to to at the beach shop on boardwalk where they sell Roxy, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neeny12 said:

They do the Boogie board test on the Stand Up side too.

You get your white band when you sign the waiver. When you complete the test, the FlowRider staff give you the blue wristband. No need to worry about the test - even I could do it with my wretched knee. Although I think its there to filter out those with agility issues. They had the safety demo on loop when we checked into our cabin.

 

I’m spectating at FlowRider right now and the smells from Portside BBQ are amazing. 😛

 

Last day so FlowRider lines are long.

Thanks, I’m not worried about the test.  I tried it a couple times several years ago and took a bad fall so I haven’t  tried since.  My son on the other hand spends every waking minute up there.  

 

That will be dangerous with Portside BBQ.  I usually sit and watch quite a bit of the time and we have the UDP on this cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mspect462 said:

How does one sign up for laser tag?  Is it an activity that you can make reservations for (but not available on my activity list on line) or something you wait in line for once on board? If you have to wait in line, how does that work, and how long is the game?

When u get on the ship they have a booth set up outside studio B area.  An employee will sign u up for a time u want for the first 3-4 days. If u want day 5-7 you sometimes have to wait to sign up. On symphony he was able to sign us up for 2 though. On day 2 and 6

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, I’m not worried about the test.  I tried it a couple times several years ago and took a bad fall so I haven’t  tried since.  My son on the other hand spends every waking minute up there.  

 

That will be dangerous with Portside BBQ.  I usually sit and watch quite a bit of the time and we have the UDP on this cruise.

 

Portside BBQ meals are portioned for 2 is what we were told last night.  It's sooooo much food..keep that in mind when you go to order!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are not ones who like to pre-plan and reserve in advance, so I am not certain this class of ship is the best fit for us, but we are curious about the Oasis class ships and want to try it out.  We booked a cruise on the Oasis for Thanksgiving next year.

 

For My Time Dining, can you just show up and wait in line, or is a reservation required? If you need to make a reservation, can it be done on a daily basis once on board?  (We have not been on an oasis class ship. For smaller RC ships we have not had to make a reservation in the past; we could just wait in line).

Also, is it essential to reserve shows way in advance?

 

The photos and information here are outstanding. Thank you !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, erber said:

For My Time Dining, can you just show up and wait in line, or is a reservation required? If you need to make a reservation, can it be done on a daily basis once on board? 

No reservation required. Yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

I can't believe your week is almost up. Thank you for taking us along and for all the great info and pictures.

 

Enjoy your last evening and safe travels home.

You’re welcome. As for home...

163F4D6F-EB3B-4582-B8BA-E0F610F589E3.png

2A4B574D-DD6C-4A49-B4D8-A20ECE400167.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 7:18 AM, Neeny12 said:

We walked through the Solarium to get to the new sun deck in front of it. Looks like it has newer loungers and other newer seating. I didn’t get a picture inside but it’s similar to the outside furniture including these large group circular sofas.

I did successfully use the app to open the door. You have to go to Settings for the app and Enable Digital Key. I did this on an iPhone so not sure about other devices. I didn’t try the tv yet. 
I haven’t tried the games yet but you download the ones you want and then point your phone’s camera at the corresponding Boardwalk poster.
I’ve  tried xray vision on another cruise and had a view of the bridge but I don’t think  it was a live view. 

5E3C73A2-86E4-416D-9F45-6CD9E3DFE5C8.jpeg

Is this a photo of the new sundeck (Deck 15) (above the new cabins they installed(on deck 14)above the bridge?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No reservation required. Yes.

 

I wonder if they are now requiring reservations for MTD on Oasis? This was the pic that was posted from the Cruise Compass, and it says reservations required:

 

20191128_154725.thumb.jpg.6cc2def8db2e545041398af5dbb69db9.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

 

I wonder if they are now requiring reservations for MTD on Oasis? This was the pic that was posted from the Cruise Compass, and it says reservations required:

 

20191128_154725.thumb.jpg.6cc2def8db2e545041398af5dbb69db9.jpg

I believe that’s a misprint.  When you arrive for MTD on deck 3 there is a line for reservations and a line for no reservations.

 

7DBBC53E-4D60-4430-9CD2-B354328B36D4.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 3:54 AM, Neeny12 said:

Around the ship:

Vending machines with mostly sundries and over the counter meds. You won’t find much of this at Solera. This is your best bet. 
Our balcony room.

St. Thomas at night 

USA Flag cake 

The RC 50th Anniversary cake on 2nd formal night. 1 per table.

Secret balconies facing Central Park. Access from deck 9.

 

 

 

 

How is the condition of the cabin, are the carpets / sofa still in good condition? Also, did they replace the TV's?

Edited by LXA350
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Does Frozen in Time still use the Sand Artist?

Yes they do. I’ve never been to an Ice show on the ship and went for the first time. It was a great show. I am amazed at the difficulty of the jumps and spins they did while the ship was swaying side to side. One pair did the death spiral while the ship was moving side to side! 
It was a great show. 
I had never seem the sand artist before either. His art had a lovely tie in to the theme of the show.

911C3E00-B436-49ED-B405-8FC439C5A454.jpeg

7AE07BD0-AFA8-4A1C-AC54-A2EF30A13E49.jpeg

D10C2475-E913-4E07-8356-9F79159000AD.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Yes they do. I’ve never been to an Ice show on the ship and went for the first time. It was a great show. I am amazed at the difficulty of the jumps and spins they did while the ship was swaying side to side. One pair did the death spiral while the ship was moving side to side! 
It was a great show. 
I had never seem the sand artist before either. His art had a lovely tie in to the theme of the show.

911C3E00-B436-49ED-B405-8FC439C5A454.jpeg

7AE07BD0-AFA8-4A1C-AC54-A2EF30A13E49.jpeg

D10C2475-E913-4E07-8356-9F79159000AD.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...